Creatine...waste of money?

rombusempire

Awards
I have some experience running PHs and anabolics...but I have never tried creatine consistently.

How does creatine compare to known PHs and anabolics? Should I even waste my money on it?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have some experience running PHs and anabolics...but I have never tried creatine consistently.

How does creatine compare to known PHs and anabolics? Should I even waste my money on it?
Creatine is a staple for body builders and power lifters. The single greatest supplement you can by, backed by studies..

Look at Ancient Strength from needtobuildmuscle.com

great creatine supp!!!

But yes, creatine is awesome :).. And nothing compares to anabolics bro lol..

rombusempire

Awards
Better than stuff liek SD, halodrol, epistane???

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
your comparing apples to oranges. i think everyone else will agree

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine is never a waste of money.

If you're not on steroids, you should be on creatine.

If you're on steroids, you should still be on creatine.

jason79

Awards
Better than stuff liek SD, halodrol, epistane???
If you're looking for a nice quick boost in strength with increased anaerobic work capacity, but want to avoid the drama of nasty sides, health risks, hormonal imbalances and the such, then the answer is yes, creatine is better.

Can creatine deliver the same increases in lean muscle mass? No, of course not.

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
I notice more bloat and overall size from creatine than I do anything else, a "soft" fullness to my muscles really is how I would describe it. Hardly any strength gains.

Best to just use in PCT and PCT only.

If I use it in my off time from anabolics and I take too much I feel fat from the bloating. IMO stick with the basic protein powder, multi, fish oil, and BCAA's in the off time.

bigo72

Awards
Unless you're a non-responder, or eat a lot (and I mean a lot) of red meat .:biggthumpup:

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine is great because it helps prevent lactic acid build up which will shut your set down. So you might get another rep up. Also and glycogen uptake in the muscles with will allow more energy for your heavy sets.

It's a great product and lockouts got a brand called nimbus that is only like 15 bucks for 1000 grams so yeah it lasts a long time since you only need about 5 grams a day.

But no it's not anything like steroids but also will not contribute to you possibly having a stroke or heart attack at 50 cause of all kinds of designer steroid runs ya know.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm scared to take creatine. I tried taking creatine mono and creatine with malic acid, both made me thirty I mean thirsty to where I drank like 4 liters of water at a time. I drank so much I almost passed out and was very dizzy. Now I'm afraid to take anything that makes me retain water. Plus when I was on creatine I felt like I was pregnant.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
Creatine makes me break out.
They say its a myth, but personally...I get fat zits on my shoulders when I go on it so I always stop.

I am going to give Kre-Alkaline a try. My friend got good results from it.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm scared to take creatine. I tried taking creatine mono and creatine with malic acid, both made me thirty I mean thirsty to where I drank like 4 liters of water at a time. I drank so much I almost passed out and was very dizzy. Now I'm afraid to take anything that makes me retain water. Plus when I was on creatine I felt like I was pregnant.
Wait that's only a gallon... I drink at least that every day. On cycle I try for 6 liters, but we all should be drinking a gallon o water anyways to stay hydrated.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is cheap and it works. I have problems with mono but dicreatine malate gives me all the benefits with out the stomach, bloating, or bathroom issues.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
I do 5-6 grams pre workout with bc+aa. Ive been thinking of switching up and using the bcaa pre and the mono post. Any thoughts on that?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is never a waste of money.

If you're not on steroids, you should be on creatine.

If you're on steroids, you should still be on creatine.
well said bro id slap ya with some rep but i have to spread it around...

plus you already gots more than most of us ;)

POINT IS - CREATINE IS PROVEN. IT WORKS. ITS WORTH THE MONEY.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I do 5-6 grams pre workout with bc+aa. Ive been thinking of switching up and using the bcaa pre and the mono post. Any thoughts on that?
When i do fasted workout with need2slin and attack, i take asgt preworkout, and then post i slam a protein shake, need2slin, a banana and some creatine... get awesome pumps way after my workout this way

i think with higher insulin response more creatine gets pushed into your muscle cells...

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Wait that's only a gallon... I drink at least that every day. On cycle I try for 6 liters, but we all should be drinking a gallon o water anyways to stay hydrated.
Well it started at 4 liters at one time, not in a day, in a day I drank way more then that and pee like 4 or 5 times an hour. I wound up drinking almost 8 liters at one time. At one time I mean in an hour. To be fair I did fine with 5 grams, except for the frequent urination. People on this forum told me to switch to 10 grams and thats when I got ****ed up.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is a supplement anyone who lifts weights should be using. Plus a well hydrated muscle cell is a happy muscle cell. :) I use anywhere from 5-25 grams of creatine per day. I used to have stomach and bloating issues with creatine monohydrate back in the day, but since switching to a combination of Integrated supplements creatine monohydrate, Myogenix creatine monohydrate, Primordial Performance creatine monohydrate, Kre-alkalyn, and Cellucor M5 I have had very little issue with bloating or that "pregnant feeling" some users have described (I used to get when I first started using creatine monohydrate).

P.S. Those are the brands I personally recommend (Any CREAPURE brand creatine mono is what you want to look for.)

BEAST

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine makes me break out.
They say its a myth, but personally...I get fat zits on my shoulders when I go on it so I always stop.

I am going to give Kre-Alkaline a try. My friend got good results from it.
There is some evidence that perhaps creatine increases 5-a reductase activity, which may indirectly contribute to acne.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Can you overdue creatine? Sure it calls for 5g per day. But, say, can you do 5g before and 5g after your workout?

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
Cheap Supplements brand creatine monohydrate is the best IMO, 11lbs for $69.99

I respond quite well to creatine

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
Creatine is cheap and it works. I have problems with mono but dicreatine malate gives me all the benefits with out the stomach, bloating, or bathroom issues.
how many grams u using? I jus picked some up today.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

is this for real???

why in the hell have you been taking legal AAS and havnt even touched creatine???

How old are you and how long have you been working out? from this question/comment alone i can def tell its not been long enough to be dippin into the deep end of the "supplement" pool.

Please look up the thousands of creatine studies and products out before comin on to an anabolic/bodybuilding board asking these kind of questions...

Long story short, get some creatine, preferably not monohydrate or at least one that contains not only monohydrate but quite a few different forms of creatine in it.... youll be blown away at the results you can get from proper dosing and a solid diet/workout regimen

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
I've taken creatine mono with little to nothing out of it. I want to try something new... Can anyone throw some good creatine suggestions at me? Prefer from GNC, since i'm on cycle i'd like to get on it now.

rombusempire

Awards
"why in the hell have you been taking legal AAS and havnt even touched creatine???"
this is because I dont trust OTC supplements, I was always taught to believe that pharmaceutical strength medications are a better deal than those supps

Im 29 and have been working out for 5ish years. I have a pituitary tumor so I dont secrete much test, but wasnt diagnosed and ditn recieve TRT till 2 years ago.

As for looking at creatine studies, I have honestly not foudn any studies that compare the anabolic properties of creatine to AAS, so my questrion still remained unanswered. Creatine mediates protein syunthesis via this and that factor, same explanations for AAS. What I wanted was a comparison.

As for side effects of creatine, I have read some articles about it being responsible for renal failure, as the kidneys have had to work a bit too hard since creatine is excreted in urine. But then, that was only a few.

Thanks for teh advice though, Ill be trying creatine

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"why in the hell have you been taking legal AAS and havnt even touched creatine???"
this is because I dont trust OTC supplements, I was always taught to believe that pharmaceutical strength medications are a better deal than those supps

Im 29 and have been working out for 5ish years. I have a pituitary tumor so I dont secrete much test, but wasnt diagnosed and ditn recieve TRT till 2 years ago.

As for looking at creatine studies, I have honestly not foudn any studies that compare the anabolic properties of creatine to AAS, so my questrion still remained unanswered. Creatine mediates protein syunthesis via this and that factor, same explanations for AAS. What I wanted was a comparison.

As for side effects of creatine, I have read some articles about it being responsible for renal failure, as the kidneys have had to work a bit too hard since creatine is excreted in urine. But then, that was only a few.

Thanks for teh advice though, Ill be trying creatine
Sounds solid then. You should definitely looked into creatine first things, sucks it took so long for you to find this place and get steered in the right direction for such a "staple" supp IMO.

YES creatine has been overblown as a kidney killer... namely cause of highschool kids and other people who just overdose the hell outta everything past the point of feasible return benefits only to realize the metabolite produced by unused creatine (creatinine) is highly toxic and is definitely not good for your liver.

Basically the proper recommended dose of 10g creatine monohydrate for a week of loading then down to a daily pre or post workout 5g will NOT give any ill effects, only benefits. although any amount of monohydrate can give some stomach cramps, diarhea, or bloating, most is avoidable if you pay attention to your diet and dont take monohydrate with stuff like orange juice(did this once and puked 5 min later)

Honestly like the others have said take a wide spectrum version of the compound so you will have a better absorbtion of the compound, more benifits from the different types, less sides and most likely a longer half life in the body.

Benefits from increased ATP production to speedy recovery (both interset/workout and muscle rehabilitation) have already been mentioned and really I dont see why some one WOULDNT take creatine, responsibly. Its produced in your own body the same as testosterone and basically necessary to function and we can exploit its benefits like many other amino acids, hormones and compounds we take on a daily to increase our muscle mass and improve our body functions.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine is nothing like steroids. You're comparing apples to oranges so I'm not surprised theres no studies.

There is nothing like steroids...

Steroids are stronger than creatine in terms of muscle building.

If you're natural though, creatine is the strongest thing out there for muscle building. It will hydrate the muscles and make them look really full (almost looks like you're on steroids) but one must remember it is water weight. Now this environment in the muscles is better at building muscle than a "normal" environment. I'm not going into why because it's too long and complicated and I don't even understand most of it, but it is.

I have gotten steroid like gains in appearance from creatine alone before. It is mild, but enough for people to say "How did you get so big so fast?"

But no steroid like gains strength, and no steroid like gains in actual muscle built.

Overtime, using creatine will allow way more muscle built than naturally can do within that same time span.

But no, nothing compares to steroids but other steroids.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is nothing like steroids. You're comparing apples to oranges so I'm not surprised theres no studies.

There is nothing like steroids...

Steroids are stronger than creatine in terms of muscle building.

If you're natural though, creatine is the strongest thing out there for muscle building. It will hydrate the muscles and make them look really full (almost looks like you're on steroids) but one must remember it is water weight. Now this environment in the muscles is better at building muscle than a "normal" environment. I'm not going into why because it's too long and complicated and I don't even understand most of it, but it is.

I have gotten steroid like gains in appearance from creatine alone before. It is mild, but enough for people to say "How did you get so big so fast?"

But no steroid like gains strength, and no steroid like gains in actual muscle built.

Overtime, using creatine will allow way more muscle built than naturally can do within that same time span.

But no, nothing compares to steroids but other steroids.
Layman's terms: creatine + water intake = swelling" of muscle cells. This swelling of the cells makes it easier for them to tear b/c they are already full. Thus increasing the size of those muslces over time. Assuming the person's diet is in check.

I know chocolate gets this but I just wanted to explain this.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am going to go against the grain here and say creatine CAN BE better than some PH's (steroids).

I have run PH's and gotten SQAUT out of them yet still got some unwelcomed sides to boot. :rolleyes:

Creatine is a time tested proven supp that no bodybuilder or powerlifter should be w/o.

For me, depending on the muscle groups worked that day, 5-10 grams PRE and 5-10 grams POST swell me up very nicely.

The strength gains from use are inarguable for me.

The fascia stretching of my muscles from all the water infused into my muscle bellies from use is also inarguable.

Nothing gives me that SWOLE look like Creatine PRE-w/o especially when I add BCAA's and a tiny amount of sugar to the mix (all the sugar in some pre-made formulas is OVERKILL!).

I have run hard core cycles (high dosed tren, etc) and creratine STILL has it's special place in my heart and always will as it just fills you out very well!

As an aside, I use 5 grams PRE-treadmill or elliptical for my cardio days and it improves the heck out of my endurance.

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
I thought good old MONO (creapure that is) is the best stuff, and that all the other forms are just "gimmicks" but a few of you are saying the opposite?

f bb.com lol

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You guys want a HUGE pump?

try combining creatine monohydrate, some complex carbs and some p-slin! Seriously takes creatines glycogen shuttling properties to an entirely new level, you'll be blown away.

Seriously one of the biggest, longest lasting pumps I've ever had, insane strength and interset revovery that definitely rivaled any of my androgen driven workouts.