Gaining muscle and losing fat - AnabolicMinds.com

Gaining muscle and losing fat

1. New Member

Gaining muscle and losing fat

This will sound stupid...IS it possible to gain muscle and lose fat during the same period? I know that you technically need a calorie deficit to lose fat and a caloric surplus to gain muscle but what about people using AAS? I know that hgh studies reported that it was possible.

2. Senior Member

One word, profina.

That is the only thing I have ever ran and worked to do that.
  3. New Member

Skye, how much weight and bodyfat % did you lose? How many calories were you taking in?
    •   

4. Professional Member

One can do it but it is not easy. Diet and correct training is the key. However, neither the muscle gain or the fat loss will be quick.

Simple math will tell you that if you increase in LBM and do not add any fat then your %BF will decrease, a simple ratio.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by size
    One can do it but it is not easy. Diet and correct training is the key. However, neither the muscle gain or the fat loss will be quick.

Simple math will tell you that if you increase in LBM and do not add any fat then your %BF will decrease, a simple ratio.
    I was wondering if it was actually possible to reduce bodyfat, not bodyfat %.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by size

When you say correct training is the key, are you referring to
    cardio?

On day 18 now of my prop only cycle. Started at maintenance cals for first week and a half. Have lost almost an inch on my waistline while weight staying the same, albeit having the normal fluctuations. Diet however is very clean and strict and have my own formula for a weekly carb cycling protocol...

My strength is increasing all the while arm and chest measurments are increasing steadily...I can really notice myself leaning out just from looking in the mirror. That combined with weekly caliper readings and monitorings show that I have went down 2%'s in BF while my weight is the same, as stated above...

So IMO, if its' your first cycle, have your diet mapped out and to a "T", as well as your training, yes it can happen. However, the reality of it happening all the time and w/o proper diet evaluation, etc, don't count on it...genetics have a lot to do with it as well...
  8. Senior Member

It is called recomposition and it is possible with or without the use of PH/PS. I have done it. However, as Size pointed out, It is a slow subtle process and you do have to have diet and training in order if you want to achive it. Three years ago I was a skinny fat 165 @ 15% to 17% Body fat. I initially dropped down to 7.5% bodyfat while adding 70lbs to my squat. Currently, I'm around 5% at 155 so even though I am lighter, I carry much more muscle so I look more muscular. Obviously this can happen a lot faster with the right drugs though.
  9. New Member

Thanks for the good info
  10. IBE Representative

i've tried this and it never works out well for me......if i plan to do this, i usually seperate my cycles into two portions, weeks 1-6 bulking and weeks 7-12 cutting or something similar. Seems to work out much better for me than trying to do both at the same time. You may be different.
  11. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze639
    i've tried this and it never works out well for me......if i plan to do this, i usually seperate my cycles into two portions, weeks 1-6 bulking and weeks 7-12 cutting or something similar. Seems to work out much better for me than trying to do both at the same time. You may be different.
    Yup, Everybody's diferent and that is part of the game we play. We all need to find out what works best for us, but the fundamental rules are the same.

There are many paths to the center of the circle, but the destination(or goal) is always the same.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

I have done this several times now, but it seems much easier to do at a higher bf% than a lower IMO....something to think about
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    I have done this several times now, but it seems much easier to do at a higher bf% than a lower IMO....something to think about
    Well, I let myself go the past few months because I had multiple injuries and couldn't train very hard so I'm pretty fat. I'm at 22% BF (I know that's real high), 5'10 and 210 lbs. I'll see how my body reacts to the gh I started two weeks ago (5 i.u.'S a day). If I don'T see acceptable improvements within two months, I guess I'll have to cut calories even more (I'm at 3000 cal/day right now). I have prop on hand but will wait a bit, my injuries are still bothering me and I don't want to make things worse. Does that make sense?
  14. IBE Representative

Quote Originally Posted by theslime
    Well, I let myself go the past few months because I had multiple injuries and couldn't train very hard so I'm pretty fat. I'm at 22% BF (I know that's real high), 5'10 and 210 lbs. I'll see how my body reacts to the gh I started two weeks ago (5 i.u.'S a day). If I don'T see acceptable improvements within two months, I guess I'll have to cut calories even more (I'm at 3000 cal/day right now). I have prop on hand but will wait a bit, my injuries are still bothering me and I don't want to make things worse. Does that make sense?
    i think you should work on diet and seriously focus on losing fat and not worry about building muscle for a while, JMO
  15. New Member

i think you should work on diet and seriously focus on losing fat and not worry about building muscle for a while, JMO
    You're probably right. I'm not a bodybuilder though, strength is my main concern. So I don't want to go down too much or else I find that my strength goes dow the drain. Ideally, I would like to stay around 15 %. I'm still far from it, I know .
  16. Senior Member

Agreed. However, if you want to use the prop, just use it to preserve muscle while you diet. And definitly get nutrition and training in order to maximize fat burning. Do you do any cardio?
  17. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Agreed. However, if you want to use the prop, just use it to preserve muscle while you diet. And definitly get nutrition and training in order to maximize fat burning. Do you do any cardio?
    I read that test is detrimental to joints, so I'll probably wait to use it since I still feel pain from old injuries.I'm hoping the gh will help in preserving the muscle. As for cardio, I'm not doing any as of now. I think I'll wait a few weeks to see how it goes. If progress is not going as planned, Ill add cardio. I don't want to lose weight too fast (not more than 2-3 lbs a weeks), Last year, I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks on a 2500 cal diet. I'll try to go slower this year, I'M afraid my strength will go down as well...
  18. New Member

It sounds like you are wanting to take the easy way out by taking GH instead of getting diet in check and doing some cardio. Muscle has memory so it will come back fast especially with the help of the Prop. If your at 22% you wont notice if your losing muscle as much as you will notice your muscle starting to look better. Get the bf down first then build the muscle back up.
  19. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by theslime
    I read that test is detrimental to joints, so I'll probably wait to use it since I still feel pain from old injuries.I'm hoping the gh will help in preserving the muscle. As for cardio, I'm not doing any as of now. I think I'll wait a few weeks to see how it goes. If progress is not going as planned, Ill add cardio. I don't want to lose weight too fast (not more than 2-3 lbs a weeks), Last year, I lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks on a 2500 cal diet. I'll try to go slower this year, I'M afraid my strength will go down as well...
    Ruffneck is right. You need to work on NUTRITION and training(weights AND cardio.) If you lost 30 pounds on a hypocaloric diet with no cardio, then you can bet your strength(pun intended) that half of it was muscle.

There are no easy ways to do what you want to do. If you look for a shortcut, your results will be less than satisfactory. Not to mention temporary. Diddnt mean to lecture, I'm just trying to be as realistic and honest as possible here.
  20. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

It is possible in the initial stages of cutting cycles as the androgens kick in but if your going for extreme low bf% and the cycle resembles a 16 week precontest, it won't happen. You eventually lose a little bit.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:39 PM
  2. Gaining muscle while losing fat
    By savagery in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 11:12 PM
  3. Best Way 2 Gain LBM and Lose Fat
    By UniqueJustin in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 10:10 AM
  5. gained muscle and lost fat on this cycle...
    By Jayhawkk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 04:19 AM