needle size: 22g, 23g, 25g, my thoughts

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So today i noticed i was out of 23 g and 25g pins which i normally use. And just had a handful of 22's that i had swiped from a lab. So i used the 22 and to my surprise it was really awesome.

25g: annoying. you have to press down relatively hard, and it takes a while to get all the oil to come out. Depends on the amount of oil, and how hard you are pressing, but at least 20 seconds. If you're shooting a lot of oil, and you're trying to awkwardly pin this into a glute or delt, it's a SEVERE inconvenience to have to use 1 hand to hold a pin in the exact same position and press down hard on it for about 30 seconds.
ALSO, as i believe EasyEJL once pointed out, having to apply so much pressure to the plunger to get oil to come out of such a small needle means that the oil is being ejected from the tip of the needle at a higher velocity, this just equates to more pain.

23g: you don't have to press as hard! Oil flows much more freely. The injection is much easier to perform overall. The added size of the needle doesn't make the jab more painful, at least not to me.

22g is really the same as 23g, the oil flowed very freely, i felt nothing in my quad as I pumped 2.3 CC's into it at a pretty rapid rate.

So all I really wanted to get at here is that there is usually a preference for the smaller needles like 25g because of the mental factor, people do not want to stab themselves with larger needles. I know when i looked at the 22g this morning it looked rather large, and it looked like it would hurt, but it didn't. As with injecting in general, this is purely mental. And anyway, overall, I think the larger needles, like 23g, lead to easier injections, where you don't have to apply as much pressure or wait as long. This means there's less time for you to move the needle around accidentally ripping up the muscle.

I have seen the trend for people to use the smallest needle possible. I just don't see much reason for it, other than the mental factor. You can try to make the scar tissue argument... but really, how often are you doing injections? Unless you are a pro bodybuilder, this shouldn't be a problem.

Other thoughts on 23g vs. 25g are welcome i want to hear them

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use 25g, all that CVS sells lol.. Take about 1-2 minutes to draw and 30 seconds to inject.
I never have any pain though and dont have to push down too hard lol..

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
I use 25g, all that CVS sells lol.. Take about 1-2 minutes to draw and 30 seconds to inject.
I never have any pain though and dont have to push down too hard lol..
The 25s take a ton of time to fill and push out 2.25 cc's. that being said pain is nill. Sure as unreal stated difference between 25 n 22 is minimal. I think more important is the length being a full inch.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The 25s take a ton of time to fill and push out 2.25 cc's. that being said pain is nill. Sure as unreal stated difference between 25 n 22 is minimal. I think more important is the length being a full inch.
Oh, my syringes are 1cc syringes.
Needle length is 5/8"

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Oh, my syringes are 1cc syringes.
Needle length is 5/8"
Haha no wonder. I was like man this guy must put that thing in a death grip to empty it in 30 seconds. I was getting more swelling with the shorter needles so I moved to longer ones.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use 18g to withdraw the oil from the vial then swith to the 23g to inject.. Withdrawing the oil with the 18g makes it very quick and imo injecting with the 23g is fast an painless

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
one of these days.....(in cartman voice) I hate you guys.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
I like 23g. I haven't had any soreness or problems. I think 25g would be a huge female dog.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
23 makes my delt bleed.
25 takes a little longer but I like to inject slow anyways.

I stick with the 25. Might stick with 23s in the glute though. Left cheek is becoming a real pain to hit lately.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use 23 or 24gauges..
I even use 23 to draw...
I feel a slight pinch with 23 nothing with 24.
it does take some time to get all the oil out..

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Im on TRT and inject 100mg Test Cyp. once a week Glutial. I have used both the 25 and 22 at 1 1/2". To me, the mental aspect of "looking at the 22" in the only downside to it, because it's far easier to use than the 25.

A stick and sting, is a stick and sting I guess is what Im trying to say.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
23g 1'' is what i use havent used anything else cuz 23 works just fine so I figured why change

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
ive got 20s 23s and 25s at the house. will probably use 23s the most

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Did my first pin today with a 23 1.5" in my quad. I drew with a 20g. Relatively painless and the oil went in with ease. Not a bad first experience except my quad is pretty sore tonight. Damn virgin muscles.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Did my first pin today with a 23 1.5" in my quad. I drew with a 20g. Relatively painless and the oil went in with ease. Not a bad first experience except my quad is pretty sore tonight. Damn virgin muscles.
1'' is prolly good bud, 1.5'' is about as big as Id go an only for glutes.