180lbs and a steroid vet? HOW?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Why do i keep reading about 160-185lb guys who supposedly have SEVERAL PH/steroid cycles under their belt? not naming any names, but we all have seen them

how is this possible?

they should have STARTED ( natural) at least at 160-170lbs ( not too crazy for someone 5'6'' -5'8'' and the weight should go up for taller guys) so wtf is going on here?

not flaming, just genuinely wondering.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was 210 before i started- now im only 221 with a bulk on and a cut on-they think it will make them like ronnie coleman after a few cycles

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why do i keep reading about 160-185lb guys who supposedly have SEVERAL PH/steroid cycles under their belt? not naming any names, but we all have seen them

how is this possible?

they should have STARTED ( natural) at least at 160-170lbs ( not too crazy for someone 5'6'' -5'8'' and the weight should go up for taller guys) so wtf is going on here?

Even on cycle, there is only so much lean mass that can be built, rest of the weight is fat.

I not gonna lie, started at 160 about 7%bf.. personal choice.. started lifting at about 110lbs.. so gained about 50lbs natty before cycling..

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ur also an ecto- im not- from 110-160 is huge dude

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Even on cycle, there is only so much lean mass that can be built, rest of the weight is fat.

I not gonna lie, started at 160 about 7%bf.. personal choice.. started lifting at about 110lbs.. so gained about 50lbs natty before cycling..

that was quite an accomplishment man

how old were you when you were 110lbs?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
a few factors to consider, height, bf%, frame size

someone could be 5'7 170 which looks very modest on paper but w/ small frame and low bodyfat could be very jacked and strong

i think you see people not getting over 200 because either they don't want to or they are continually losing their gains. People will get sick and lose their gains, or bulk and then immediately do a cut and lose their gains. i think a lot of people spend too much time transitioning between bulking and cutting when there should be more time in the intermediate recomp phase. But i mostly think people should do their initial bulk further.

For instance if you are 5'10 and want to be 200 pounds. Then you need to bulk to like 225. Recomp it out for a couple months, and then cut to 200. That'll get you 200 lean.

Instead I see people at 180 pounds running cuts when they don't have a big enough base of muscle to bother cutting down to. Then a 1-cycle bulk and another cut. "But i wantz mah abz" they say. Fine, but you are taking the long route and not the short one.

I did bulk to 250 and cut to 220. That brought me 90% of my physique in such a small amount of time. I know Jasen did the same thing. It's the right mentality, if you want to get big fast, bulk hard, accept some bodyfat, and build a big foundation, then cut.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My current stats are 100% natural outside of one mediocre underdosed non-methyl. I have researched AAS/PH for months now, and can honestly say with confidence that I know more than many who have run multiple cycles.

I did my research and got to a good weight and BF before starting anything. Not to mention that I am also 36 and have been weight training for many years.

I am starting my first methylated compound in 3 weeks. My cycle pre-load is in a week.

I guess my point to this is that you may think someone has many cycles under their belt, when in fact they do not. They may just have done their research. Some may say to not give advice to people when you havent run them, but I just pass along what other very reputable people have said before me.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I'm shocked to see that no one has mentioned that some people's goals don't include gaining mass. Powerlifters may want to run a cycle of PH or DS to help push them past a strength plateau. It really depends on how you utilize a steroid IMO.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what unreal says is spot on. I know when I tell people how much I weigh, they are like, what?!? thinking that I weight more, and asking me how I do it.

I only train for hypertrophy. I also have a very small bone structure. you could call it girly. my gramps calls my fingers "piano fingers" when I worked construction, my boss called it girly.

but one day he saw me using a tire iron on one of the trucks to change a flat, and was like, 'HOLY **** JIMMY! LOOK AT YOUR ARMS!".

when I was 17, I was about 115. by the time I was 19, I was 145-140. I was only 150 when I ran my first cycle.

I have dieted down in the spring/summer from 180 to 170. now I am just getting started on my bulk again.

I look like I am on steroids at 180, esp on cycle at 185. this time it is my goal to get to 190, and hold it like unreal said, and eventually diet down to a lean 180.

I am 5'9. some would say I know nothing about aas, working out, diet, exercise science. others may not.

I'm confident, and know I look good. and I love it.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what unreal says is spot on. I know when I tell people how much I weigh, they are like, what?!? thinking that I weight more, and asking me how I do it.

I only train for hypertrophy. I also have a very small bone structure. you could call it girly. my gramps calls my fingers "piano fingers" when I worked construction, my boss called it girly.

but one day he saw me using a tire iron on one of the trucks to change a flat, and was like, 'HOLY **** JIMMY! LOOK AT YOUR ARMS!".

when I was 17, I was about 115. by the time I was 19, I was 145-140. I was only 150 when I ran my first cycle.

I have dieted down in the spring/summer from 180 to 170. now I am just getting started on my bulk again.

I look like I am on steroids at 180, esp on cycle at 185. this time it is my goal to get to 190, and hold it like unreal said, and eventually diet down to a lean 180.

I am 5'9. some would say I know nothing about aas, working out, diet, exercise science. others may not.

I'm confident, and know I look good. and I love it.
What he said is spot on...

NEVER judge a book by its cover...

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
We are all human is the logical answer and that entails many factors. At 5'7", I went from 135 to 155 using SD. I have stayed at about 155 with 8% BF which seems to be my genetic limitation. Or maybe it's kids, work, stress, beer, football, the economy and politics that are holding me back from Mr. Olympia?!?!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
We are all human is the logical answer and that entails many factors. At 5'7", I went from 135 to 155 using SD. I have stayed at about 155 with 8% BF which seems to be my genetic limitation. Or maybe it's kids, work, stress, beer, football, the economy and politics that are holding me back from Mr. Olympia?!?!
Lol nice bro... kids, work, stress... all definitely have to add up!

i never knew about your screen name until now! i LOVE presa canarios!

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
Being uneducated is the main reason.

It's super easy for an 18 year old kid to walk into a Nutrition store, and be sold into a PH bottle thinking it's no big deal.

... At 18 I took my first steroid cycle on accident and didn't even realize it (until my libido went down and I did some research).

ME: Hey. I started working out and I'm trying to get bigger. What do you recommend?

SALES PERSON: Here is a bottle of T-Roid by Hardcore Formulations? It's a natural product we have that you'll get huge off of.

ME: Is it a steroid or have any side effects?

SALES PERSON: Nope. It's all natural.

ME: Really? I won't get bitch titts, or acne, or liver problems or anything?

SALES PERSON: Yea, your safe bro. Trust me.

... that was several years ago, and I still to this day think I need to go down there and beat the guys ass.

PS: T-Roid is tren btw

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
a few factors to consider, height, bf%, frame size

someone could be 5'7 170
which looks very modest on paper but w/ small frame and low bodyfat could be very jacked and strong

i think you see people not getting over 200 because either they don't want to or they are continually losing their gains. People will get sick and lose their gains, or bulk and then immediately do a cut and lose their gains. i think a lot of people spend too much time transitioning between bulking and cutting when there should be more time in the intermediate recomp phase. But i mostly think people should do their initial bulk further.

For instance if you are 5'10 and want to be 200 pounds. Then you need to bulk to like 225. Recomp it out for a couple months, and then cut to 200. That'll get you 200 lean.

Instead I see people at 180 pounds running cuts when they don't have a big enough base of muscle to bother cutting down to. Then a 1-cycle bulk and another cut. "But i wantz mah abz" they say. Fine, but you are taking the long route and not the short one.

I did bulk to 250 and cut to 220. That brought me 90% of my physique in such a small amount of time. I know Jasen did the same thing. It's the right mentality, if you want to get big fast, bulk hard, accept some bodyfat, and build a big foundation, then cut.
I agree with all of that.

I'm shocked to see that no one has mentioned that some people's goals don't include gaining mass. Powerlifters may want to run a cycle of PH or DS to help push them past a strength plateau. It really depends on how you utilize a steroid IMO.
very good point!

My current stats are 100% natural outside of one mediocre underdosed non-methyl. I have researched AAS/PH for months now, and can honestly say with confidence that I know more than many who have run multiple cycles.

I did my research and got to a good weight and BF before starting anything. Not to mention that I am also 36 and have been weight training for many years.

I am starting my first methylated compound in 3 weeks. My cycle pre-load is in a week.

I guess my point to this is that you may think someone has many cycles under their belt, when in fact they do not. They may just have done their research. Some may say to not give advice to people when you havent run them, but I just pass along what other very reputable people have said before me.
In particular, I am addressing those that have actually said they did said cycles of roids. Not just informants.

Sorry , epic fail here.

'' we are all human'' is the dumbA$$ answer here. You were 135lbs and 5'7'' before you started steroids complaining you are at your natural limit. Even worse, you are saying that 'life' (kids,work,etc) is the reason you suck at bulking. Sorry to hear that man. I know no one else here has to deal with all that 'life' stuff you are talking about. What's that like man?

All joking aside, i know exactly what people mean about life interfering with weight training. I did drugs for a while, didnt eat, and just worked out at the gym for exercise. The difference is that i didnt say it was my body's fault and i should do steroids to try to mitigate the obvious symptoms of being uncommitted i was showing.

I want to be clear that I AM NOT BUSTING BALLS FOR STARTING STEROIDS AT LOW WEIGHTS.

I only asked why those people that have done said steroids hadn't made sure they kept their gains.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've gaine and lost on cycles. different reasons. things happen in life. get sick. poorly planned pct. poorly planned cycle. get hurt.

f*ck it, im not modest. I know my sh*t. and though I may not be 100% correct on everything I post, or right, well, im not always right. lol.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
For soon to be beast: you did drugs? You're a loser. Epic failer as YOU put it. You started this thread to start sh$t which is a sign of insecurity. So, I'm going to try and talk to your mother about it the next time I'm shooting a load in the back of her throat. :))

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a looser too. I've used all kinds of drugs, from weed, to crack, all the way to meth.

clean now, thanks to my wife. but it was ruff. I owe my life to her.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
I got to 175-180 natural. Then got to 215 with 2 different cycles. Then cut to 191. Even though I was only 191 (11 pounds heavier then natural, I look way better then I was at 180.)

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I agree bro, work and kids definately become your life and bodybuilding falls to the side. I cycle to try and work on muscles like calves and triceps that never seem to be Proportionate to the rest of my body. once the winter season starts my body sheds weight like crazy from surfing almost everyday. during the summer there is usually no surf so I bulk easier.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I'm a looser too. I've used all kinds of drugs, from weed, to crack, all the way to meth.

clean now, thanks to my wife. but it was ruff. I owe my life to her.
Hey Bro, congrats on staying clean, thats a more impressive feat than any successful cycle could ever be.:banana::banana:

hungryH

Awards
  • Established

how is this possible?

dont get too caught up on weight/stats. Jim cordova is 160lbs. Shaun clarida is 130. for example, I look 10 times bigger than the guy who posted under this commentl, who seems to think he is huge becasue he weighs 220lbs

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
I usually factor in height and strength as a better judgment of someones progress, strength has some indicaTion of muscle mass

I rage when someone is 220 and tells me I'm skinny and need to eat more when I bench 100lbs more than them and have more muscle mass, weight isn't always right

But, if someone is 5'10" 175lbs at like 13% bf and they're on their 5th cycle of superdrol then something def isn't being done right

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
strength is a good indication. but a picture is the most revealing. No one should call you skinny zachman, because your back looks very wide and developed in your avatar. So they're just ****ing stupid.

i'd like to see more people put up profile pictures or avatar pictures. Because few people list their stats and fewer of the bodyfat #s are actually accurate. People say you're fat, you're skinny, you're not ready etc. and it's hard to judge without a picture.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
strength is a good indication. but a picture is the most revealing. No one should call you skinny zachman, because your back looks very wide and developed in your avatar. So they're just ****ing stupid.

i'd like to see more people put up profile pictures or avatar pictures. Because few people list their stats and fewer of the bodyfat #s are actually accurate. People say you're fat, you're skinny, you're not ready etc. and it's hard to judge without a picture.
I agree post a pic or dont talk trash at all. anyone can change stats, i can go from 200-300lbs in a couple of clicks lol

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im following unreal here- going on a 5 month bulk- i have been bulking for the past month- just started my ph/ds cycle will be doing it for 8 weeks- then eat huge for pct AND a month after pct- then drop the cals a little bit- throw in a little extra cardio for the recomp and then after 2 months of that or so- cut

221 now trying to hit 240 before i recomp/cut to like 215

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I agree with alot thats been said.

I guess if I had to boil it down, my diet and training are my bread and butter. Supplements at any weight, whether AAS/OTC, are only 5-10% of the puzzle, IMO. Starting too light a bodyweight, etc is all in the eye of the beholder.

I guess if my training partner was 110% giving it his all in the gym and watching diet closely, I could really care less if he was juicin, taking a prohormone, or 'started at 160-170'; the man is getting his work in, bottom line.

You'd be surprised how 'BIG' a ripped 185lb looks.

rombusempire

Awards
See I am on the opposite of the curiousity table.

I dont understand how many 160lbers can look soo skinny.

BUt like the members here have been saying, if you have a low bf and small framed, 160lbs can look quite different. WHen I tell people I am 165 they always say: "only??"

In highschool, I was 110lbs at 5'9. Naturally, I got up to 150lbs. WIth mild AAS use (250mg test e a week for 2 years) I got another 15 lbs. Now I am ramping up the dose a bit and adding more AAS, hoping to add anotehr 15lbs over the next 2-3 years. At 180lbs, 5'9 with low bf, I know that would look relaly jacked.

But again, I look at a lot of people who are 180lbs, my height, and dont even lift weights. It is weird because many of them arent that fat yet they are so heavy. I think the siz eof someone's frame is a large factor in their weight.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established

BUt like the members here have been saying, if you have a low bf and small framed, 160lbs can look quite different. WHen I tell people I am 165 they always say: "only??"

In highschool, I was 110lbs at 5'9. Naturally, I got up to 150lbs. WIth mild AAS use (250mg test e a week for 2 years) I got another 15 lbs. Now I am ramping up the dose a bit and adding more AAS, hoping to add anotehr 15lbs over the next 2-3 years. At 180lbs, 5'9 with low bf, I know that would look relaly jacked.

But again, I look at a lot of people who are 180lbs, my height, and dont even lift weights. It is weird because many of them arent that fat yet they are so heavy. I think the siz eof someone's frame is a large factor in their weight.
Its a pretty odd phenomenon. A freind of mine is the same height and ways ten pounds more than me, isnt fat but has little muscle. I look like I weigh a lot more than he does.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

If you are gonna stay on test-e all year round I advice you to do like 4 month bursts at say 600mg every week and then drop down to 250mg for 4+months and then hit it hard again for about 4 months.. You get what im sayin..?

250mg test-e isnt gonna hit near supra-physiological levels..

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
If youre gonna run teste year round id blast like gamer was saying and you can even drop your dosages closer to 125mg cuz thats closer to what your natural body's production is. i recommend tapering off if being on for a long time. otherwise, i see no need for it. however i can say that i have heard people see better results from different bumps in dosages, not static doses.

rombusempire

Awards
Yea and also Tom Venuto competes at 175lbs doesnt he

rombusempire

Awards
Oh regarding balst and cruise, that is a great idea in fact I was planniing on doing it!

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I see people with huge craniums, that must add a few pounds on the scale. Not cool to be a pumpkinhead with holloween around the corner.