M4OHN - Any new info/findings on sides (hair loss)?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
This has been discussed before but since M4OHN is such a new compound and hasnt been "battle tested" it's hard to be sure about just how it effects a wide range of people. My main concern is its effect on hair. So far it seems that M4OHN "should not" cause hair loss and should be very mild as far as sides. Also, even though its based on nandrolone, it is speculated that there is no harm in using it with finasteride (propecia).

I'm just posting to see if there have been any new findings or posts discussing the matter. I ordered some in Sldge's pre-sale and I want to be sure before I start taking it. If there are any recent posts/discussions on any other boards pertaining to M4OHN experiences/sides please link them. I plan on using 12mg/day

As a side note, I emailed Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm) and asked his opinion on it. He knows his stuff so this aswer leaves me fairly confident. (I also already posted this once)

Q: The problem is that nobody can seem to agree on just exactly how the Methylation and the addition of a Hydroxy affects the Nandrolone. I am currently taking finasteride ED. I have read that M4OHN+Finasteride could possibly be very bad for hair loss. Also, aside from the Nandrolone/finasteride aspect some have reasoned that M4OHN could possibly give moderate androgenic sides despite what’s been said previously. How would you say M4OHN is for things such as hair loss? From what I have read it shouldn't be at all. There is a lot of misinformation out there and I was really hoping you could help clarify.

A: The M4OHN would be ok with finasteride. The OH at the 4 position blocks reduction of the double bond (5alpha reduction) so this issue is not relevant as it is with nandrolone.

Also, M4OHN, according to the assays, is highly anabolic and low androgenic. So side effects should be minimized.

Last edited:

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First any androgen including m4ohn can cause noticeable hairloss, m4ohn is supposed to be milder in that respect hopefully because it is a nandrolone derivative. But I wouldn't go as far to say that it 'should not' cause hairloss.

m4ohn, m-dien, m-1-t have similar a/a ratios, the a/a ratios of m4ohn and m-dien is not so significantly better compared to m-1-t. Although all are highly anabolic/low androgenic I still feel m-1-t feels quite androgenic.

Starting out at 12mg is on the somewhat higher side.

westniles

Awards
Me personally, I thought Mdien was more androgenic than M1T, or at least I experienced more acne and shedding with Mdien.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
First any androgen including m4ohn can cause noticeable hairloss, m4ohn is supposed to be milder in that respect hopefully because it is a nandrolone derivative. But I wouldn't go as far to say that it 'should not' cause hairloss.

m4ohn, m-dien, m-1-t have similar a/a ratios, the a/a ratios of m4ohn and m-dien is not so significantly better compared to m-1-t. Although all are highly anabolic/low androgenic I still feel m-1-t feels quite androgenic.

Starting out at 12mg is on the somewhat higher side.
I agree that any androgen can cause hairloss, I just want to make sure there isnt anything specific relating to m4ohn that could cause it to be harder on hair than thought. Also the whole nandrolone+finasteride thing makes me wonder but from the opinion of people who know much more than I it shouldnt be a factor due to the compounds alteration.

For example, I ran one cycle of 500mg Test and my hair wasnt harmed too much. This second cycle I started the same thing, 500mg/wk except I kick started it with a lower does of Dbol (20-25mg/day). I am also on finasteride this time around. I seem to have noticed more hair loss due to 4 weeks of 20mg/dbol than I appeared to have in an entire cycle before. Granted, Im a year older and aging isnt helping anything, its interesting how much more dbol seems to affect it. I knew this in advance but it was a risk I took. Hair loss still isnt major... Yet....

Back on topic, I'm just trying to reassure myself that m4ohn wont accelerate hair loss any more than the Test is. Given its profile, I really dont think it will. That also assumes that the conclusions about m4ohn+finasteride are also correct (which I think they are). We all know nandrolone (Deca) + finasteride is bad....

Im basically experimenting with m4ohn as a cheaper alternative to Anavar. Im not looking for it in terms of a base for a cycle or anything. You can see how I want to make sure its not going to increase hair loss as it would then be better to just skip it all together.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I agree that any androgen can cause hairloss, I just want to make sure there isnt anything specific relating to m4ohn that could cause it to be harder on hair than thought. Also the whole nandrolone+finasteride thing makes me wonder but from the opinion of people who know much more than I it shouldnt be a factor due to the compounds alteration.

For example, I ran one cycle of 500mg Test and my hair wasnt harmed too much. This second cycle I started the same thing, 500mg/wk except I kick started it with a lower does of Dbol (20-25mg/day). I am also on finasteride this time around. I seem to have noticed more hair loss due to 4 weeks of 20mg/dbol than I appeared to have in an entire cycle before. Granted, Im a year older and aging isnt helping anything, its interesting how much more dbol seems to affect it. I knew this in advance but it was a risk I took. Hair loss still isnt major... Yet....

Back on topic, I'm just trying to reassure myself that m4ohn wont accelerate hair loss any more than the Test is. Given its profile, I really dont think it will. That also assumes that the conclusions about m4ohn+finasteride are also correct (which I think they are). We all know nandrolone (Deca) + finasteride is bad....

Im basically experimenting with m4ohn as a cheaper alternative to Anavar. Im not looking for it in terms of a base for a cycle or anything. You can see how I want to make sure its not going to increase hair loss as it would then be better to just skip it all together.
I see what you're saying man...but it's still hard to say. I gotta watch what I stack with test as well. On my first cycle, started using dbol in the beginning, but noticed a little hairloss and wasn't too happy with it. Dropped the dbol, continued on the test and having no problems whatsoever.

It appears that some (like us) may have a threshold in which once a certain line is crossed (in this case be it DHT, androgenic sides, etc) we start to notice some hair loss. Although with that in mind, some compounds will still effect us differently, for example, one may shed more with a 5AR reduced effect and one may shed more with an altogether different mechanism, know what I mean? And of course vice-versa...

So IMHO, if you wanna be sure about it, buy a little at first and try it out, if its no big deal, then stock up...cuz I've tried doing the research methods, real-life comparisions, the list goes on; to try and figure out what compounds I could get away with and which ones I should shy away from and not have any problems....but the only thing that I've found to work is to just try it out for yourself and see, as there's no 100% or even 50% way of knowing how it's going to effect you...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 16
mattrag Anabolics 1
Anabolics 16
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 1