Learning about progestins...

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
So, I'm starting to understand more of what i'm researching. You've all been a big help. No, really. Some of these other forums are filled with "i'm too cool to explain anything" *******s.

Anyway, I wanted to see if I understand something. For tren and m1,4add, clomid is recommended because they're progestins...am I getting this right? What I cant seem to fully grasp is why would you need nolvadex and clomid then? Or would you only need the nolva if you're running it with like p-mag?

mball52

Awards
  • Established
its one or the other unless its a really bad cycle. but clomid is recommended for progestins because it helps regulate prolactin somehow.

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
its one or the other unless its a really bad cycle. but clomid is recommended for progestins because it helps regulate prolactin somehow.
oh I see. so, its more like a safe than sorry deal. I figured clomid would be enough for a progestin.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about useing clomid for epi versus nolva?
I heard j2jud talking about it on mff he was saying something I think about epi being estrogen surpressive so he likes clomid for pct since it is not as suppressive on estrogen. He was saying some people seem to experiance estrogen rebound when it's been surpressed for so long.

What y'all think?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
from what ive read, nolvadex upregulates progestin receptors....hence the reason not to run it during or prior to a cycle consisting of tren or deca

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys think about useing clomid for epi versus nolva?
I heard j2jud talking about it on mff he was saying something I think about epi being estrogen surpressive so he likes clomid for pct since it is not as suppressive on estrogen. He was saying some people seem to experiance estrogen rebound when it's been surpressed for so long.

What y'all think?
run what u like best and works best for U....there is no perfect protocol that works for everyone

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just for the record, M14ADD is not a progestin; it's an androstane.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was surprised nobody mentioned it before I did.

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
Just for the record, M14ADD is not a progestin; it's an androstane.
Really? Wait, so that means there are no progestin based prohormones... because I thought m1,4add was the only one...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Progestins" (some still on the market, some banned):
AMS Decavol - 19-norandrostene-3b-ol, 17-one
Proedienolone - Estra-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione aka 19-norandrosta-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione
M-LMG - 13-ethyl-3methoxygona-2, 5(10)-dien-17-one
Propadrol - 12-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-diene
MethoxyTRN - 17b-Methoxy-Trienbolone

I'm not sure how reasonable/correct the nomenclature on those last two are. That's what the products were labeled as though.

There might be others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now.

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
"Progestins" (some still on the market, some banned):
AMS Decavol - 19-norandrostene-3b-ol, 17-one
Proedienolone - Estra-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione aka 19-norandrosta-4, 9-diene-3, 17-dione
M-LMG - 13-ethyl-3methoxygona-2, 5(10)-dien-17-one
Propadrol - 12-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-diene
MethoxyTRN - 17b-Methoxy-Trienbolone

I'm not sure how reasonable/correct the nomenclature on those last two are. That's what the products were labeled as though.

There might be others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head right now.
Thats strange... There are so many sources out there for people who want to learn like me. One source said that M-LMG was not a progestin. Hmm... Thanks for the clarification.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who is your source? Sorry, but they might have some misinformation.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/81662-question-about-all.html#post1140743

Nice to see you around D. It's been a while.

Anyway, I have tried pretty damn hard to find out about these two products and can't find much (not results, but info about the actual progestins). The only thing that I figured out was that they are both progestins and that according to their nomenclature and the definition of a gonane they are "tetracyclic hydrocarbons without methyl groups at the C-10 and C-13, and without a sidechain at the C-17."

I don't know much about organic chemsitry(yet:twisted:), so I'm not even sure if this means anything that we didn't already know. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/79658-nomenclature-dummies.html
I needed a break, but its good to be back and see you too stxnas!

Your points are valid, whether you understand the nomenclature or not. :) 19-nor (lack of a methyl branch from the C10) almost always makes a progestin, same thing with groups larger than methyl (like ethyl) on the C13.

[in reference to propadrol]I don't understand why it says 12-ethyl on the bottle though. :blink:
Straight from M-LMG's product write-up:

M-LMG is a non-methylated progestin that is designed for those looking for improved strength and lean muscle gains, along with improved hardness and pumps, with little fluid retention.
Just for the read/info:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/64820-designer-steroid-prohormone.html

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/79658-nomenclature-dummies.html

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It happens...unfortunately :frustrate