make your own shake?!?!

andrewcb

Awards
im posting this here as it seems to have the most intelligent people.

so i been doing some reading and dont know if its all true or how accurate but has any1 tried to make their own powder?

i know Maltodextrin is the main ingrediant in gainers. here is a site for this.

fitbit.com/foods/Maltodextrin+Maltrin+M-100+Grain+Processing/16483

and i can goto my local food store and buy whey protein for 5.99 a pound.
well if i mimic the weight gainers it be like 300g of the maltrin m100 and 40 grams of the whey protien.

i read off ONE site, couldnt find much on it, that you can buy maltrin m100 by the 50 pound bags for around 30 bucks at a wholeseller. not so sure on this though.

well add some peanutbutter and bananas and that be 1 hell of a shake for dirt cheap!

any input on this?

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
I feel like there are a lot more ingredients. BCAA's and other enzymes to assist in quick digestion. Also the whey protein you be buying is concentrate and is inferior to Isolate which is used in your better protein supplements.

andrewcb

Awards
I feel like there are a lot more ingredients. BCAA's and other enzymes to assist in quick digestion. Also the whey protein you be buying is concentrate and is inferior to Isolate which is used in your better protein supplements.
the whey i buy is isolate.
yea there prob is more that help with it, i was also thinking of buying powder amino acids and vitimins and mixing it aswell.

as far as all the ingrediants i can see on the bottle, its basically just aminos, vitimins, protein and m100 or something close to that and some flavor.

well just a thought. i might give it a try, hell i can make almost 75 pounds of this stuff for around 200 bucks and would have same carbs/protein/calories as a weight gainer

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
100% isolate for 5.99 is a great deal. Good luck let us know how it goes for ya.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
100% isolate for 5.99 is a great deal. Good luck let us know how it goes for ya.
for real. thats a hell of a deal especially for not being bulk.

whey + malto + pb + banana is a great combo....recently to add a few more calories and servings of fruit/veggies ive been using V8 Fusion instead of water......taste awesome when blended and even good in just a shaker bottle