Can Androgen receptors be "Burnt out"?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay so this is a theory but does anyone know? I was talkin to a friend he mentiond receptors being burnt out it sounds like bro science to me- i always thought the reason for waiting at least a month (between otc ds/ph) is to give ur liver a rest and remain in homeostasis for some time (this is a month after pct mind you) I plan on waiting 5 weeks after pct to start my next cycle if my blood work is okay- but if androgen receptors do actually need to refresh i may wait longer- is this true?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
the idea that one cycle is going to burn out your androgen receptors is complete nonsense.

Pretty standard cycling is to use long ester injectables for 12+ weeks, run an oral kickstart and an oral finisher. You're talking like 4 months on steroids. Androgen receptors don't get "burned out." I believe they actually get unregulated by androgens. So if you run a winstorl finisher for the last 5 weeks of your 15 week cycles, YES it will still work of course

if receptors actually downregulated or severely desensitized over a cycle then no one would cycle for over 6 weeks. But outside of the PH community, 4/5/6 week cycles are uncommon because they're so short

in my experience, steroids do the same thing, everytime, regardless of when you last took them, what you're on or what you've recently done.

As you push closer to your actual physical limits of course things will slow down. So if you bridge SD into Epi and make big gains on SD but no on Epi well it's because you've made big gains, the more you gain the harder it is to gain any more. Its not a matter of receptors not functioning

What i do notice is that static doses for long periods of time is not good. In any long cycle you want to change compounds and change doses. I feel like too long at one dose and you get stagnant and need to shift things up in order to keep going.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
It has nothing to do with androgen receptors - over a long cycle, Androgen Receptors upregulate, SHBG downregulates, but myostatin upregulates. It's the myostatin that slows gains down on long cycles.

Your plan is probably cutting it a little close, but should work. Make sure you FEEL fully recovered.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has nothing to do with androgen receptors - over a long cycle, Androgen Receptors upregulate, SHBG downregulates, but myostatin upregulates. It's the myostatin that slows gains down on long cycles.

Your plan is probably cutting it a little close, but should work. Make sure you FEEL fully recovered.

I will- and getting blood drawn too thanks gentlement

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the idea that one cycle is going to burn out your androgen receptors is complete nonsense.

Pretty standard cycling is to use long ester injectables for 12+ weeks, run an oral kickstart and an oral finisher. You're talking like 4 months on steroids. Androgen receptors don't get "burned out." I believe they actually get unregulated by androgens. So if you run a winstorl finisher for the last 5 weeks of your 15 week cycles, YES it will still work of course

if receptors actually downregulated or severely desensitized over a cycle then no one would cycle for over 6 weeks. But outside of the PH community, 4/5/6 week cycles are uncommon because they're so short

in my experience, steroids do the same thing, everytime, regardless of when you last took them, what you're on or what you've recently done.

As you push closer to your actual physical limits of course things will slow down. So if you bridge SD into Epi and make big gains on SD but no on Epi well it's because you've made big gains, the more you gain the harder it is to gain any more. Its not a matter of receptors not functioning

What i do notice is that static doses for long periods of time is not good. In any long cycle you want to change compounds and change doses. I feel like too long at one dose and you get stagnant and need to shift things up in order to keep going.

I agree, and i believe science holds truth to everything i bolded.

how much science is behind the third bolded item is not going to ever be done. Immoral . technically. BUT

maybe thats why people switch esters, as well as compounds. or add something synergistic.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Downregulation has mostly been disproven, but androgen desensitivity remains a concern, else the Olympia competitors could still grow on 500 mg test e and a few dbol for cycles.

How much, I can't say and it would be highly individual anyway.