question about blubber and injection

littlemark

Awards
Quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to. Say one was to do a glute shot with a 1.5 inch needle but was really quite large in the rear. The goal obviously is to hit the muscle not the fat, but what would happen if the injection went into the fat, not the muscle? Or alternately what would occur if one used a needle that was too short and couldn't reach the muscle under the fat.

I realize if one were truly this large, a good period of cutting would be in order first - but for arguments sake what would happen?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
it it does not hit the muscle you increase the risk of abcess forming. If you have to much bf to get through then gear is NOT the way you need to be going.. diet and training in order before you do anything

littlemark

Awards
Thanks for the info on the abscess. Would any of the goodies still be absorbed?

This is a question for intellectual satisfaction, not personal need. I agree completely that if one were that large gear would not be the way to go. One would have to be pretty darn large for a 1.5 incher not to hit muscle. I'm more wondering if any absorption at all into the blood stream would occur.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Is it really the matter of absorption? I wouldnt mind injecting into the glutes with an 5/8"-1" length needle if it wasnt for the pain. I do fine with 1/2" in delts, biceps, chest. An inch with the glutes, quads. Lets get more information on this.
Sage

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
its so weird how i was wondering this same thing the last few days. I am using a 1.5 on my glutes and I only have about 11%bf, and not alot on the butt. anyhow, i put it about 1 " or a little over into the glute.....do i need to put it all the way to ensure? my curiosity on this.

size

Awards
  • Established
Fat will slow absorption so the product it not released in the correct manner.

stillgrowin

Awards
its so weird how i was wondering this same thing the last few days. I am using a 1.5 on my glutes and I only have about 11%bf, and not alot on the butt. anyhow, i put it about 1 " or a little over into the glute.....do i need to put it all the way to ensure? my curiosity on this.
why not? It's already an inch in and you wouldn't even feel the difference but you would be making sure that your gear is going in the right place for sure

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Slow absorption rate is the main thing, but you also run a risk of celulitis from injecting into the adipose tissue.

littlemark

Awards
>>Is it really the matter of absorption? I wouldnt mind injecting into the glutes with an 5/8"-1" length needle if it wasnt for the pain. I do fine with 1/2" in delts, biceps, chest. An inch with the glutes, quads. Lets get more information on this.
Sage

Sage, not sure I understand ... I use 5/8" everywhere save for the glutes, which I use a 1.5" for. I do this mainly because I can get them with a larger bore needle, which helps get goods in quicker as I find it awkward to shoot the glutes. I actually find it doesn't hurt at all in the glutes - delts/quads are a whole nother story) Last time I had body fat tested was around 14-15% so its really not a personal issue for me. Really just something I thought of while laying there waiting for the plunger to hit bottom. (not trying to be pissy, just trying to understand what you're asking - I'm a little slow sometimes :) )

Asked an RN about it today, and she told me it would slow down absorption into the blood stream. (which everyone here has said) This of course raises some interesting questions as to what would occur to an estered testosterone injected into fat. Would the body alter it in the normal fashion? Would it simply sit in the fat and be absorbed slowly?
I'm sure not knowledgable enough to answer these questions. Anyone know?

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
was kinda thinkn the same thing stillgrowin, just didnt want to push it threw me and out the other side......kidding. ill probably just put it all the way from now on.