Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance

Page 7 of 8 First ... 25678 Last

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey.

I've posted a thread on this forum about my 10 year battle with hypogonadism....

Neway, getting to the point - I finally have a doctor that understands that I need TRT/HRT but due to lack of insurance coverage (since 2009) I have been unable to get the proper tests done. I've gotten a few free/total testosterone and TSH labs but nothing else.

I've checked out the website. The Female Hormone Panel is very affordable.

(Much more than the "male hormone panel")

One thing I need to know is though - does it provide "Free Testosterone" and "Total" or just "Total T" (I need both)?

Metabolic Panels (which are included in this test) always include liver function (ALT...etc.) and kidney function. But besides that Free T and SHBG are very important (as is prolactin).

Any thoughts? Have any of you purchased another package from privatemdlabs that covers free, shbg, and maybe even prolactin / cortisol?

Chris

Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

quick question - I ran my first and only PH cycle a year ago [pmag] and I was looking to start my second [hdrol/pstanz] at the end of the month. Never gotten bloodwork and I'm interested in getting this looked into. Is the general consensus to get work done before cycle to establish a baseline and then after pct to make sure you have recovered properly?

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah. I would assume so @ Swollen101
    •   

Stats
    6'1"  180 lbs.

question in patient information billing do you put male or female
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Is it possible to go through this site and have insurance pay for it?

Or would I have to go to a doctor and have them request it in order to get insurance to cover the bloodwork? If so, what should I ask them for so that they don't just do a general bloodtest and actually test for every single thing? Just got insurance from work so definitely wanna make good use of it after not having had insurance for the past 5 years.
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by standon23
    question in patient information billing do you put male or female
    Male is what I've heard.
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post
    Is it possible to go through this site and have insurance pay for it?

Or would I have to go to a doctor and have them request it in order to get insurance to cover the bloodwork? If so, what should I ask them for so that they don't just do a general bloodtest and actually test for every single thing? Just got insurance from work so definitely wanna make good use of it after not having had insurance for the past 5 years.
    Be aware of Doc-Patient privilege, anything you discuss w/ your doc will be confidential, and your doc is bound to help you in what's best for your health.

With that being said, if you want insurance to cover it, you need to tell your doc what you're doing, and why you need the tests, they can't prevent you from doing AAS or PH's, and they cannot tell anyone about it. What they can do is order the correct bloodwork for you.

Aside from that... are you seriously worried about $50 for blood work when the PH/AAS and support supps cost much more than that?...
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Male is what I've heard.
    You use your actual gender, this is only for the reference values, and do not affect the test results.
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan

You use your actual gender, this is only for the reference values, and do not affect the test results.
    So do the reference values show female?
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan View Post
    Aside from that... are you seriously worried about $50 for blood work when the PH/AAS and support supps cost much more than that?...
    Well, with this mountain of student loan debt I'm in, every buck counts for me.

And I'm not using any PH/AAS so not really concerned about any levels of hormones being thrown out of whack in my body due to them. I'd just like a full panel covering everything because I'd be interested in knowing if anything is off. Even people who don't use PH/AAS might have something in their body that could use fixing due to poor nutritional habits or whatever else.

For all I know, I could have been dealing with low energy levels all these years and just kind of accepted it as "normal" or due to aging when there's really something else going on. I'd like to a comprehensive check-up that covers everything rather than going in and saying I feel this way or that and have them check certain things and not even bother with something else that might prove to be an important indicator of my current state.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me though. I appreciate it.
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

iD, go to your doctor and tell him your concerns, and he will order a blood test that's even more comprehensive than what you get w/ a hormone panel. Your insurance should cover a full physical once a year too...
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

I am going to be getting the Anabolic Steroid Panel test done, it tests for IGF-1 but there is a seperate test for HGH and I was wondering if there was a big difference between IGF-1 and HGH. If my IGF-1 is normal does that mean GH levels would be normal? Thanks.
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mando2112
    I am going to be getting the Anabolic Steroid Panel test done, it tests for IGF-1 but there is a seperate test for HGH and I was wondering if there was a big difference between IGF-1 and HGH. If my IGF-1 is normal does that mean GH levels would be normal? Thanks.
    I've always read that IGF-1 is typically a good indicator as how your body is producing HGH. I wouldn't pay the extra amount unless you just have the extra dinero.
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.

Does anyone know if this would be an eligible HSA expense without having a a physician order the test? I've been trying to figure it out but it seems questionable looking at the allowable expense list.
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PintSizPopeye
    Does anyone know if this would be an eligible HSA expense without having a a physician order the test? I've been trying to figure it out but it seems questionable looking at the allowable expense list.
    I'm curious of that as well. One could try and if it didn't work just pay back the expense.
    Stats
    5'2"  165 lbs.

Well that was easy, I should have just started with an email to them rather than wasting my time going through the HSA information. This is the response I got from them:

"Please be aware, our services are strictly self-pay and are not eligible for submission as a claim to your health insurance provider, but can be used for Flexible Spending and Heath Savings Account reimbursements.

There is an option to print a receipt for orders by logging into your secure account. Located below the order number, click on ‘View Receipt’ to print the only receipt we provide."

Well now I know for next time... just figured I'd share this little bit of information for anyone else who was curious.
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PintSizPopeye
    Well that was easy, I should have just started with an email to them rather than wasting my time going through the HSA information. This is the response I got from them:

"Please be aware, our services are strictly self-pay and are not eligible for submission as a claim to your health insurance provider, but can be used for Flexible Spending and Heath Savings Account reimbursements.

There is an option to print a receipt for orders by logging into your secure account. Located below the order number, click on 'View Receipt' to print the only receipt we provide."

Well now I know for next time... just figured I'd share this little bit of information for anyone else who was curious.
    Great man--Thanks for sharing!
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Just did this today. It was really fast and easy. Waiting for my results now. I got the female hormone panel and lipids. This makes me feel 100 times better about starting next cycle knowing my bloodwork.

Great post! How long would you wait post cycle to get tested?
    Stats
    5'8"  130 lbs.

I think i should try that

If you have insurance, can you just come to a doctor and request your bloodwork to be done? Why do you claim you need it?
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.

Yes, you'd pretty much be able to get most standard blood work done (CBC, Metabolic Panel, Lipids, TSH).

Other stuff like Testosterone and other hormones you'll have to come up with some "symptoms" to have them order it otherwise insurance will probably not pay for the tests.

My doctor didn't even wanna order cortisol, prolactin, PSA and some other stuff for me. Said it's for "old people". Also said tests like Estrogen and LH are for "women" and asked if I'm female and said he's the doctor so let him do his thing and disregarded my concerns.

Needless to say, I will eventually find another doctor who's more open to requesting blood work. Also, you could consider a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) f your work offers it and you calculate it to be worth it.

I believe someone mentioned PrivateMDLabs blood work is a Health Savings Account eligible expense which I can get through my employer by enrolling into the HDHP plan.
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quick question. Should I take a day off lifting prior to test morning? I know I should fast. Curious if a lift day before would skew the results.

I'm not doing cycles or anything, just wanted to get the "Female Hormone" and "Lipid (Ratio)" tests for my own knowledge. Never had either. (28yo)
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Hello Everyone, I received my results by from LabCorp this morning. My Testosterone Serum result was 347 from the range 348-1197, and my Estradiol result was 41.6 from the range 7.6-42.6. Are there any Testosterone boosters that can help me. Thanks!
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.

I can get crazy low prices in Missouri. PM if you are looking for more info.

I just ordered my test yesterday. Got my blood drawn today. Test purchase was easy, lab experience was good with a five minute in/out with no wait. We will see my results in a few days.

Def would recommend this to everyone!
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.

yes!
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dell1972 View Post
    Hello Everyone, I received my results by from LabCorp this morning. My Testosterone Serum result was 347 from the range 348-1197, and my Estradiol result was 41.6 from the range 7.6-42.6. Are there any Testosterone boosters that can help me. Thanks!
    If you are not currently using any supplements and have insurance go to an endocrinologist. OTC test boosters and estrogen blockers are hit and miss. Why screw around, get real help, its one of the best decisions I've ever made.

where do I find a promo code for Labcorp?
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fprio View Post
    where do I find a promo code for Labcorp?
    What price are we talking about with it>?
    Stats
    5'10"  196 lbs.

great thread...since i live in one of the states mentioned that won't honor it will i still be able to do this if i find or have an addy in the next state over that allows this? really need to get mine checked,and badly.been on last 5yrs but no med insurance and the prices some of these doctors want for simple blood panel testing is way too high for my budget.thnx for any replies...

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Does anybody have a promo code?
    The fight is won long before you step out into those lights, its won through all the hard work in the gym ,through all those miles ran-Ali

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is great. Not having insurance sucks
    The fight is won long before you step out into those lights, its won through all the hard work in the gym ,through all those miles ran-Ali
    Stats
    5'6"  153 lbs.

Good Test, But Need Help With Interpretation

This was great...five minutes in and out, with results in two days. I do show low and high in a few areas...I am wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on these. I got the test not because I am doing cycles of PH or steroids, but because I have tried multiple diets, workouts, intervals, etc.....and I do not seem to be growing at all. My macros are spot on, and I have played with these also to no avail. So...I got this primarily to see if anything might be going on inside that is preventing things from growing. I am a male, 40 years old, 5'6" and 152 pounds, 9.5% BF.

Thank you in advance for an thoughts, interpretations, advice in advance.

RDW 12.2 Reference interval 12.3-15.4 (Low)

Bun/Creatinine Ratio 21 Reference interval 9-20 (High)
    AST (SGOT) 55 Reference interval 0-40 (high)
    ALT (SGPT) 66 Reference interval 0-44 (High)
    Testoterone Serum 239 Reference interval 348-1197 (Low)
    Stats
    5'1"   lbs.

Great info, thanks!

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbosoko View Post
    This was great...five minutes in and out, with results in two days. I do show low and high in a few areas...I am wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on these. I got the test not because I am doing cycles of PH or steroids, but because I have tried multiple diets, workouts, intervals, etc.....and I do not seem to be growing at all. My macros are spot on, and I have played with these also to no avail. So...I got this primarily to see if anything might be going on inside that is preventing things from growing. I am a male, 40 years old, 5'6" and 152 pounds, 9.5% BF.

Thank you in advance for an thoughts, interpretations, advice in advance.

RDW 12.2 Reference interval 12.3-15.4 (Low)

Bun/Creatinine Ratio 21 Reference interval 9-20 (High)
    AST (SGOT) 55 Reference interval 0-40 (high)
    ALT (SGPT) 66 Reference interval 0-44 (High)
    Testoterone Serum 239 Reference interval 348-1197 (Low)
    This probably isn't the right place for that but according to your data, you have low T which is why you are struggling to pack on mass. Your GH is probably also low as well which will only hurt your growth efforts doubly.

Find the nearest TRT clinic or Men's Only clinic and get tested. You easily pass for TRT. Get on the Test (or Clomid if you prefer), start making gains and feeling better - it's time.
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.

I am still a little confused how all this works? I would buy the test online and then go to a labcorp to get the blood taken? so do i have to then take it somewhere? or labcorp does everything for you? i have a labcorp 5 mins from my house but in private md they ask to chose a location which liek over 50 miles from me one way???

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat99 View Post
    I am still a little confused how all this works? I would buy the test online and then go to a labcorp to get the blood taken? so do i have to then take it somewhere? or labcorp does everything for you? i have a labcorp 5 mins from my house but in private md they ask to chose a location which liek over 50 miles from me one way???
    Call up PMD labs and tell them that your labcorp location isn't showing up on the options screen. Your labcorp may not be registered with pmd labs therefore it doesn't show up as an option in your zip code or city area.
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not sure if they were pointed our on this thread already but arcpointlabs has treated me very well for personal lab work. And very fairly priced.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Just did this two days ago and it worked like a charm

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is it possible to get HRT with insurance?
    By young92117 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 03:03 PM
  2. Car Insurance
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 04:46 PM
  3. Pre-TRT bloodwork (latest bloodwork in)
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
  4. Insurance and HRT
    By ECTOmorph in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
  5. Where to go for non-insurance bloodwork
    By BigBody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 01:12 PM