Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 5

Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance

Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
  1. New Member
    shollinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    Was given the code on another board.
    wugk2ehn

  2. New Member
    BOSSisback82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    114

    Reputation

    quick question...when I am entering my info....if I say I'm a male will that mess anything up on their end since I'm getting a female hormone panel?....sorry if this has already been answered before I skimmed over a few pages and didn't see anything.
  3. New Member
    shollinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    115

    Reputation

    Nope, this is my second time going. Never had a problem
    •   
       

  4. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BOSSisback82 View Post
    quick question...when I am entering my info....if I say I'm a male will that mess anything up on their end since I'm getting a female hormone panel?....sorry if this has already been answered before I skimmed over a few pages and didn't see anything.
    No issue, the female hormonal panel just tells them what to test for, it is no different on a male. They will still ref range you correctly.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  5. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251876

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I work in a lab... I just do it myself
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I work in a lab... I just do it myself
    Lucky man, I would test so often if it was free.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  7. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251876

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Lucky man, I would test so often if it was free.
    Until my arms turn purple from needlesticks lol. Been there, not tryin to go back. One every week/two weeks is fine if your on lots of supps or prepping for a competition. You dont see drastic changes daily unless youre in ICU.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Until my arms turn purple from needlesticks lol. Been there, not tryin to go back. One every week/two weeks is fine if your on lots of supps or prepping for a competition. You dont see drastic changes daily unless youre in ICU.
    Ha, to me weekly testing is often, that is what I meant. Would be great for on cycle, especially for advanced estrogen control.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  9. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Rep Power
    645670

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    This is really good info. Just ordered my panel minutes ago. Coupon XB49W8 works for 15% and has been an active coupon for 2 years..

    Thank goodness! I'm prepping my body for a long and heavy cycle soon and really need more than just a "seat of the pants" feel for my hormone levels..
  10. New Member
    Macc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    57

    Reputation

    Does anyone know if PrivateMD labs accepts out-of-country (Canadian) Visa or Mastercard?
  11. New Member
    Ace5high's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    99

    Reputation

    This is really great! Question though, in my email it states that is someone is using Testosterone Cream that it shouldnt be used for 24 hour prior.

    For those who are testing on cycle do you continue business as usual right before testing?
  12. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    I am ok with getting the female > the male version since it is cheaper. I am ok with only getting total testosterone and not free. I am happy that the female version has LH and FSH.

    BUT, i have heard that the estradiol, sensative (in the male panel) is better than the estradiol, serum (in the female panel).

    do you guys feel that estradiol, serum is legit?
  13. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Macc View Post
    Does anyone know if PrivateMD labs accepts out-of-country (Canadian) Visa or Mastercard?
    I have heard of Canadians using it. i dont remember the exact forum that I read it, but they had to call the customer service and they fudged his address or something
  14. New Member
    dollerbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    98

    Reputation

    Just tried this the other day, worked great. Payed and printed the paperwork, walked in with no appointment and had my blood drawn within 5 minutes. By the time I woke up the next day I already had the results emailed to me.
  15. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Rep Power
    645670

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    That's pretty much how it went for me as well.

    And really, I feel like if I know my total test, LH and FSH production, and total estradiol..I can figure out whether or not if my free test is well and I can also figure out which part of my HPTA is broken (if any)...

    However, I'd love to get a cholesterol count attached to this female test. That'd be awesome! I'd have everything I truly care about monitoring then..
  16. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Yup.. lipids are expensive. There is an option to have them done also i believe buts its pricey.. but if youre really concerned about them I guess its the best choice.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  17. New Member
    TheDiesel85's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  194 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    157

    Reputation

    if i want to test to see if the hgh i have is legit what do i test? i have been told to test for igf-1 because hgh raises your igf-1 levels but then i was looking around on the blood work website and found an option for human growth hormone and its $10 cheaper then the igf-1 test.
  18. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Rep Power
    645670

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDiesel85 View Post
    if i want to test to see if the hgh i have is legit what do i test? i have been told to test for igf-1 because hgh raises your igf-1 levels but then i was looking around on the blood work website and found an option for human growth hormone and its $10 cheaper then the igf-1 test.
    sounds like u answered ur own question lol
  19. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Not sure about HGH. Its "growth hormone" endogenously and I always remember hearing in sports that it cant be tested for.. thats why so many atheletes use it.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  20. New Member
    ap0352's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    49

    Reputation

    Just received my results today. Had test done yesterday. I'm a 30 year old, 160lb. male who is moderately active and work out 3-4 days a week. I work shift work and have terrible sleeping habits which may have something to do with the low t readings. My dad was also diagnosed with low t when he was in his early 40's...
    Anyway, my concerns are the following:
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 20
    Estradiol 5.8
    Testosterone, Serum 137

    Would anyone care to explain these numbers to me and what I should do next?
    I'd appreciate it!
  21. Professional Member
    Jasen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,048
    Rep Power
    6863

    Reputation

    Ur test seems extremely low. What are he ranges.they use
  22. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ap0352 View Post
    Just received my results today. Had test done yesterday. I'm a 30 year old, 160lb. male who is moderately active and work out 3-4 days a week. I work shift work and have terrible sleeping habits which may have something to do with the low t readings. My dad was also diagnosed with low t when he was in his early 40's...
    Anyway, my concerns are the following:
    BUN/Creatinine Ratio 20
    Estradiol 5.8
    Testosterone, Serum 137

    Would anyone care to explain these numbers to me and what I should do next?
    I'd appreciate it!
    either serum or total test.. i cant remember... should be in the 600-800 mg/dL range
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  23. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    lol.. ng/dL. milligrams would be huge
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  24. Advanced Member
    Siznoyton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    543
    Rep Power
    446

    Reputation

    Thanks!


    Seriously awesome link and info man. $50 for full bloodwork...no one has an excuse not to use this!
  25. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    They are changing their Testosterone range to 300-1,100.

    I got my results back in 20 hours!
  26. New Member
    Rowan212's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    170

    Reputation

    Everytime i hit up the website privatemd - it never loads, just thinks and thinks until it times out.
  27. Senior Member
    bezoe's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Rep Power
    1225

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan212 View Post
    Everytime i hit up the website privatemd - it never loads, just thinks and thinks until it times out.
    im having no problem. maybe they were just updating the site
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.
  28. Senior Member
    2k1s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    1093

    Reputation

    what is the significance of bun?
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
  29. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19617

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    what is the significance of bun?
    bun is blood urea nitrogen it is a measure of your kidney function since they are responsible for removing the urea from your body. Excess urea is not a good thing since it is a waste product form protein metabolism.
  30. New Member
    newbie96's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    48

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan212 View Post
    Everytime i hit up the website privatemd - it never loads, just thinks and thinks until it times out.
    I just went to it and it loaded no problem....maybe you can try opening it with another browser?
  31. New Member
    ryanricee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    55

    Reputation

    Okay so what would be suggested to add to the female hormone test if you are trying to cover anything that a PH would effect? I have never ran a cycle, however I plan to run hdrol for the first time in mid January, so I want to get the full screening pre and post cycle. Suggestions =)
  32. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    64117

    Reputation Reputation

    Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

    We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.
  33. New Member
    kadox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    58

    Reputation

    hmm since many of you are reporting that no id is required, can I use my initials instead of my full name ?

    or my nickname lol
  34. Primordial Performance Rep
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,362
    Rep Power
    235091

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

    We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.
    I can't wait for this!

    Quote Originally Posted by kadox View Post
    hmm since many of you are reporting that no id is required, can I use my initials instead of my full name ?

    or my nickname lol
    I am sure you could get away with a fake name, but I really don't see the point, they are private as hell.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  35. New Member
    dollerbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    98

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter
    Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

    We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.
    More info on this? Or release date?
  36. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Rep Power
    645670

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Just around the corner there is going to be a pretty damn cool smart phone app called the ANDROstat, that will be able to get within 20-60 ng/dl within your testosterone levels. Went through several studies regarding obesity effects on testosterone and age declination on testosterone and the combination of both variables, plus several others and created a questionnaire and imagery program to determine your baseline values.

    We did extensive blood work with volunteers and had all their bloods documented and then had the same volunteers go through the ANDROstat program. Some people were within 2-3 ng/dl , while others were within 30-60 ng/dl........that is pretty damn cool to be able to get a fairly accurate ballpark range figure without having to get pints of blood taken from you and play and pay the waiting game for results.
    Thats neat and all but its not like privatemdlabs is much of an inconvenience, especially for dead-on acuracy. In addition, u get more than just total test with this method, u also get total blood counts including reds and whits as well as ur liver values. And lets not forget that ur test levels also include the LH and FSH activity which allows u to understand what exactly is or is not working properly.

    I've done the test 3 times. It costs me exactly $50 and is very quick. 2 out of 3 times I have gotten the results back in a 24hr window and all three times it was about a 10 minute process from start to finish getting the bloods done.
  37. Senior Member
    MattPorter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    64117

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Thats neat and all but its not like privatemdlabs is much of an inconvenience, especially for dead-on acuracy. In addition, u get more than just total test with this method, u also get total blood counts including reds and whits as well as ur liver values. And lets not forget that ur test levels also include the LH and FSH activity which allows u to understand what exactly is or is not working properly.

    I've done the test 3 times. It costs me exactly $50 and is very quick. 2 out of 3 times I have gotten the results back in a 24hr window and all three times it was about a 10 minute process from start to finish getting the bloods done.

    I completely agree.....this will simply be a nice on the spot application for people to get a fairly accurate number on the spot. Free to everyone and convenient.

    I agree 50 bucks for a thorough examination on lh fsh, estro, FT TT etc etc...... are worth the 50 spot.
  38. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335099

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Man I'd pay $50. In japan it's not even offered.

    When I go home on my vacation gonna use this little trick
    RecoverBro ELITE
  39. New Member
    kadox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    58

    Reputation

    If you are over the limit, does it still get an an exact ng/dl result or just > like this guy's result ?

    i40.tinypic. com/cumi9.jpg (removed the space before com)


    As this won't be helpful much
  40. Senior Member
    bigdavid's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    19617

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kadox View Post
    If you are over the limit, does it still get an an exact ng/dl result or just > like this guy's result ?

    i40.tinypic. com/cumi9.jpg (removed the space before com)


    As this won't be helpful much
    They do the test based on a standard curve so if you are way over the max point any value they get will be unreliable and all they can really say is you are over the max pt.. hence > 1500 in this case
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is it possible to get HRT with insurance?
    By young92117 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 03:03 PM
  2. Car Insurance
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 04:46 PM
  3. Pre-TRT bloodwork (latest bloodwork in)
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
  4. Insurance and HRT
    By ECTOmorph in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 06:38 PM
  5. Where to go for non-insurance bloodwork
    By BigBody in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in