Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance

Page 10 of 15 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. Thanks funkd. Will research your advice. The website is saying my post count needs to be higher before I can PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by nodoughnut View Post
    Thanks funkd. Will research your advice. The website is saying my post count needs to be higher before I can PM.
    No problem man. Get into some more threads to get your post count up
    •   

3. Yeah, working on it.

4. Play in the word association thread
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

5. i couldnt find the female hormone panel when researching the labcorp page. is it in a specific section of testing??
    •   

6. Were you on the right website? It's not the Labcorp website, it's privatemdlabs.com. Click on "all tests" on the left side, then scroll down to "hormone panel for females."

You register and pay for your bloodwork at privatemdlabs.com, then go to Labcorp for the actual blood test.

7. Quote Originally Posted by nodoughnut View Post
    Were you on the right website? It's not the Labcorp website, it's privatemdlabs.com. Click on "all tests" on the left side, then scroll down to "hormone panel for females."

You register and pay for your bloodwork at privatemdlabs.com, then go to Labcorp for the actual blood test.
    Yea i went straight to labcorp. guess i should have reread original post again.
    Thanks.

8. Good luck.

9. YEH BUDDY\

10. I want primarily to asses Liver function. The others take a backseat when it comes to your Liver. This female test assesses everything to do with Liver Enzymes/function/etc? Thanks.

11. I was under the impression free test and shbg were important. Am I wrong?

12. I don't get it. What good is getting the bloodwork done if we won't know how to interpret the results and what necessary changes must be made based on the results? Do they send that info with the results? Do you just check with your doctor if one of the measured hormones is out of range?

13. Post your results in the over 35 section and you'll have some fantastic professional level interpretation done by the long time members who hang out there.

14. thx 4 the post. i was thinking of going to "pay cash clinic" ya know pay as ya go places if ya don't want to go to er or ya just dont have a dr. went to one befor i had cycled and ended up getting blood work done . visit and blood-wrk cost rite over $100. thx again bro.

15. Hey.

I've posted a thread on this forum about my 10 year battle with hypogonadism....

Neway, getting to the point - I finally have a doctor that understands that I need TRT/HRT but due to lack of insurance coverage (since 2009) I have been unable to get the proper tests done. I've gotten a few free/total testosterone and TSH labs but nothing else.

I've checked out the website. The Female Hormone Panel is very affordable.

(Much more than the "male hormone panel")

One thing I need to know is though - does it provide "Free Testosterone" and "Total" or just "Total T" (I need both)?

Metabolic Panels (which are included in this test) always include liver function (ALT...etc.) and kidney function. But besides that Free T and SHBG are very important (as is prolactin).

Any thoughts? Have any of you purchased another package from privatemdlabs that covers free, shbg, and maybe even prolactin / cortisol?

Chris

16. quick question - I ran my first and only PH cycle a year ago [pmag] and I was looking to start my second [hdrol/pstanz] at the end of the month. Never gotten bloodwork and I'm interested in getting this looked into. Is the general consensus to get work done before cycle to establish a baseline and then after pct to make sure you have recovered properly?

17. Yeah. I would assume so @ Swollen101

18. question in patient information billing do you put male or female

19. Is it possible to go through this site and have insurance pay for it?

Or would I have to go to a doctor and have them request it in order to get insurance to cover the bloodwork? If so, what should I ask them for so that they don't just do a general bloodtest and actually test for every single thing? Just got insurance from work so definitely wanna make good use of it after not having had insurance for the past 5 years.

20. Quote Originally Posted by standon23
    question in patient information billing do you put male or female
    Male is what I've heard.

21. Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post
    Is it possible to go through this site and have insurance pay for it?

Or would I have to go to a doctor and have them request it in order to get insurance to cover the bloodwork? If so, what should I ask them for so that they don't just do a general bloodtest and actually test for every single thing? Just got insurance from work so definitely wanna make good use of it after not having had insurance for the past 5 years.
    Be aware of Doc-Patient privilege, anything you discuss w/ your doc will be confidential, and your doc is bound to help you in what's best for your health.

With that being said, if you want insurance to cover it, you need to tell your doc what you're doing, and why you need the tests, they can't prevent you from doing AAS or PH's, and they cannot tell anyone about it. What they can do is order the correct bloodwork for you.

Aside from that... are you seriously worried about $50 for blood work when the PH/AAS and support supps cost much more than that?...

22. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Male is what I've heard.
    You use your actual gender, this is only for the reference values, and do not affect the test results.

23. Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan

You use your actual gender, this is only for the reference values, and do not affect the test results.
    So do the reference values show female?

24. Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan View Post
    Aside from that... are you seriously worried about $50 for blood work when the PH/AAS and support supps cost much more than that?...
    Well, with this mountain of student loan debt I'm in, every buck counts for me.

And I'm not using any PH/AAS so not really concerned about any levels of hormones being thrown out of whack in my body due to them. I'd just like a full panel covering everything because I'd be interested in knowing if anything is off. Even people who don't use PH/AAS might have something in their body that could use fixing due to poor nutritional habits or whatever else.

For all I know, I could have been dealing with low energy levels all these years and just kind of accepted it as "normal" or due to aging when there's really something else going on. I'd like to a comprehensive check-up that covers everything rather than going in and saying I feel this way or that and have them check certain things and not even bother with something else that might prove to be an important indicator of my current state.

Thanks for taking the time to answer me though. I appreciate it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is it possible to get HRT with insurance?
    By young92117 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
  2. Car Insurance
    By manny1010 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 05:46 PM
  3. Pre-TRT bloodwork (latest bloodwork in)
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM
  4. Insurance and HRT
    By ECTOmorph in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 07:38 PM