After research questions about liver damge.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
So I've been doing some more research on liver damage in regards to sterioids and anabolics. Mainly I was interested in what the damage consists of, how it affects you, and if its reversible.

What I've found so far is that basically the breakdown process is what causes the damage to the liver, which can range from mild affects that can be "reversed" or basically stopped by ending the ingestion of the steroid, to permanent damage including life threateng disease(which is stated to be a rare occurrence) I read that there can be potential greater risks involved, which I assume are probably from the more toxic ones.

Am I correct in the assumption that with proper precautions such as support supplements and sticking to proper cycling that you should be pretty safe as far as long term or permanent liver damage? I'm sure there are the anomolies where it can affect people differently, but as a generalization permanent or serious liver damage is mainly attributed to abuse, prolonged exposure, or incorrect/lack of liver supporting supplements?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are no certainties but basically for permanent liver damage you would have to keep cycling orals even after obvious signs of liver stress occur.

stuff to look for: lethargy, loss of appetite (also feeling of fullness in abdomen and upper abdominal ache), pale stool, bruising easily, yellow skin/eyes

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, been meanin to tell ya, you've posted alot in some of my threads and such. I try to do as much learning before asking, figure its the least I can do. I said this before on an old thread but on my mustang forums we get alot of new guys who post the same questions over and over as well so I know how that goes.

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
As long as your oral cycles are not too long or too close together you should be fine. Some people run orals up to 8-10 weeks. Personally I keep orals 6 weeks or less and never run an oral within 3 months of stopping one.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Im struggling because I got off my first h-drol cycle a few weeks ago, and I feel as though I could simply wait a few more to start my second one with a methylated steroid, deciding between epi and phera. I feel like my body can handle it, but then again the body is funny and you could be dying and not know it. I've read alot about h-drol and comparing to other products, and since this is very mild and non methylated I want to say that I think I would be safe. But in this matter thats not enough for me to go for it just yet.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its best to take something like liver juice by PP or Cycle Support by AI to maintain healthy organs while on cycle.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you have healthy liver enzymes prior to your cycle you will most likely be fine.

My blood test showed my liver enzymes to be 25 and 25 reference range 0-45 after my hdrol cycle. Obviously i am fine on that front =]

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
It's extremely unlikely you will do any permanent damage from a single oral cycle of reasonable dose and length, even with the more toxic compounds. I also personally believe the risk increases with each subsequent cycle, but I have no proof for this.

To answer your question: as a generalization, you're only going to be in real trouble in cases of abuse or long-term use (which kind of go hand-in-hand). However, no one knows what multiple oral cycles, even if run "safely" may do long-term.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
do not drink on cycle or before or after or at all

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
So I've been doing some more research on liver damage in regards to sterioids and anabolics. Mainly I was interested in what the damage consists of, how it affects you, and if its reversible.

What I've found so far is that basically the breakdown process is what causes the damage to the liver, which can range from mild affects that can be "reversed" or basically stopped by ending the ingestion of the steroid, to permanent damage including life threateng disease(which is stated to be a rare occurrence) I read that there can be potential greater risks involved, which I assume are probably from the more toxic ones.

Am I correct in the assumption that with proper precautions such as support supplements and sticking to proper cycling that you should be pretty safe as far as long term or permanent liver damage? I'm sure there are the anomolies where it can affect people differently, but as a generalization permanent or serious liver damage is mainly attributed to abuse, prolonged exposure, or incorrect/lack of liver supporting supplements?
Be aware of the fact that the liver supporting supplements are in no way proven to lessen the negative impact of the 17aa stuff.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just free base the roids- that way they bypass ur liver

It was a joke- please do not smoke steroids

U should be fine if u play it smart- get blood work done only way to know for sure

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I would be more concerned about how the hdl levels drop to single digits while stressing the liver, how does that affect your arteries and whatnot over that short period of time...this actually concerns me more then the actual liver values because like you said the actual liver function is reversible. After all with all the alcohol and other pills people put in there body it is only the most extreme abusers who get liver disease. I want my heart and arteries healthy. Granted that while "on" is only a short amount of time what does destroying your cholesterol levels do to your insides...are there any studies on extremely low hdl levels?