First cycle advice. Normal cycle or pulse

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  0 lbs.
    Answers

First cycle advice. Normal cycle or pulse

Hey ive been training for about 4 years now and after consideration and research i want to run my first cycle of phs. iv read that epistane/havoc is the best way to go for a first cycle. i would be taking nolvadex as pct but considering clomid instead. Anyway, i keep finding a lot of opinions on pulse cycling. Some say its great while others say to stay with a typical 4 weeks cycle? which is more worth while? i know that a pulse cycle will yield more weight in longer time but i guess im just looking to hear other peoples personal preference and why. thanks

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  168 lbs.
    Answers

Pulsing v standard

There's a good thread about pulsing on here if you haven't seen it. (Sorry can't post links yet!)

It's a mammoth thread but skim it and you'll get some good info and views. IMO I prefer a straight through cycle as it's less to have to think about, supp timing etc and on a 4-6 week havoc cycle with adequate PCT you should recover well.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I wouldn't run a pulse for the 1st cycle. IMO pulse is for something a bit stronger that yeilds unstable gains or for a recomp. I just finished my 1st pulse and I was not a fan. I will prolly nvr run one again, then again that is just my 0.02
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  211 lbs.
    Answers

It's a risk worth reward kinda thing-my first experience was an epi pulse because I was scared of the risks but my gains weren't that incredible. The pulse did what it was supposed to do my lifts went up and I gained a few pounds but I didn't really get it until my first full cycle what is was like. So on a 8 week epi pulse you can see maybe 5 pounds when its all said and done or a staight cycle and see 10 with a set of new pr's for each lift. The cost is going to be close $ wise but it's my opinion that the straight cycle is what worked for me. I suggest that if you have doubts about it read for a few months train like hell, work on your diet, and then decide.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  211 lbs.
    Answers
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by friggin24pack View Post
    Hey ive been training for about 4 years now and after consideration and research i want to run my first cycle of phs. iv read that epistane/havoc is the best way to go for a first cycle. i would be taking nolvadex as pct but considering clomid instead. Anyway, i keep finding a lot of opinions on pulse cycling. Some say its great while others say to stay with a typical 4 weeks cycle? which is more worth while? i know that a pulse cycle will yield more weight in longer time but i guess im just looking to hear other peoples personal preference and why. thanks
    it depends how much of an issue sides is with you .Admittedly the 2 you have chosen are relatively weak but some have reported hair loss with epi.
    If you pulse the risk of sides is lower , but then the gains are reduced also.Its a question of what youre prepared to live with and what YOU feel happier doing , never mind listening to all the advice , welcome that it is,its your body and you have to prepare yourself for anything that could go wrong .If you want to minimise the risks , then pulse. just my view.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  211 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    it depends how much of an issue sides is with you .Admittedly the 2 you have chosen are relatively weak but some have reported hair loss with epi.
    If you pulse the risk of sides is lower , but then the gains are reduced also.Its a question of what youre prepared to live with and what YOU feel happier doing , never mind listening to all the advice , welcome that it is,its your body and you have to prepare yourself for anything that could go wrong .If you want to minimise the risks , then pulse. just my view.
    Well said!!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  0 lbs.
    Answers

thanks for the advice. i def got some jitters about taking new stuff too. unsure if its because i dont know what to expect, fear of sides i dont want (hair loss, gyno, etc.) or because i simply want to stay natural. its funny when people confront me and assume im juicin when im actually not haha. "what are you taking?" ...food, *******.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10 weeks SD pulse vs. 3 weeks SD normal cycle
    By Gonzogo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
  2. Need advice for 8/10 week epistane pulse cycle
    By Cain69 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
  3. Pulse cycle critique! Advice needed!!!
    By L size in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
  4. Pulse cycle advice needed
    By mtxltd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
  5. Havoc Pulse Cycle Advice
    By JW390898 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 08:05 AM