WRONG THREAD BUT DIET QUESTION

Boomer3

Awards
I know this is the wrong thread so I appologize ahead of time but I trust most the people in this forum so my question looks like this.

Alright here is my situation
6'2" 213lbs. between 10-12% body fat

My BMR is 2175. My daily need to on non workout days is 2800-3000 cals.

Now workout days are where I'm having questions. I work out first thing in the morning before I take in any food. For example today my workout totaled 1800 calories burned, Wearing a programed heart monitor for accuracy. Workout lasted 1 hour 20 mins on weights, 20 mins steady state cardio, and kept my heart rate between 130-140 during steady state.

Now again I am cutting but my math tells me I should be taking in.

Wake up 0 calories
Workout -1800 calories

So I already need 3975 calories? Just to keep my self at BMR?

(1800 + 0) + (2175{BMR}) = 3975 cals.

Then add in daily activity

3975 + 800 = 4775

To maintain 4775 calories, and then to cut -600

4775 - 600 = 4175 calories?

Is that right?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes that is correct... are you sure about that 1800 calories figure? that seems awfully high. i only burn about 800 cals running for an hour.

cardio prior to eating is a good thing.
lifting prior to eating is a bad thing. you are putting your body in a catabolic state there and are going to lose alot more muscle mass than im sure you would like to.

edit - the Harris Benedict Equation is a faiely good way to figure out your caloric needs if you are unsure of your maintenace requirements...

Boomer3

Awards
Hey cook, the Harris Benedict Equation tells me the same haha. And I am not 100% sure on 1800 cals for the workout thats just what the heart monitor tells me, It was all set up after an RMR, and EMR and V02 testing. Im usually pretty jacked up on caffiene and ephedrine pre workout to so that keeps that heart pumpin pretty quick.

Would you make a reccomendation to that workout since Im going in catabolic. Maybe a gatorade or somthing pre for the weights?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you want to take in carbs and protein pre and post workout. whole foods are definitely optimal but even a protein shake and some oats or soemthing beforehand is going to very beneficial. when i was training first thing in the morning, the first thing i did upon waking was eat a can of tuna a 3/4 cup of oats. takes 3 minutes. then id have a scoop of whey onthe train to the gym.

Boomer3

Awards
Complex or simple carbs pre? I've seen both simple as pre and complex as pre so I am unsure.

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
to me its personal prefrence, gotta see what works for you. i prefer complex, no crash.