Silibinin and Ursodeoxycholic Acid Q&A

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The Q&A means I have (Q)uestions (&) I need (A)nswers. So lets me fill you in on these two research chems.

Sili-B and Urso-D, as I will refer to them from here on out, are two so called "Hepatoxicity Inhibitors". Sili-B is, quote from ID, "...is the major active flavolignan constituent of silymarin, which is a combination of flavonolignans extracted from Silybum marianum (milk thistle)." This means nothing to me except that it is milk thisle on steroids. Excuse the almost-pun.

Urso-D is, quote from ID, "is a bile acid that has shown profound effects during research on a heavily stressed / diseased liver. IT Has been used effectively during animal research to treat cholestasis."

Does anyone have any experience using these two chems? They seem more cost effective than using OTC liver protection, and I WANT to compare them to SERM usage vs. OTC pct.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
bump

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bump... anyone have any information at all? Has anyone ever thought about trying this as opposed to other "liver savers?"

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
dont think so.....

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I am interested too, someone has to know something.....

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
What is ID?

Sili-b is one of the actives in milk thistle, and I believe is the most potent. Milk thistle acts as a liver detoxifier, so it is ideally used pre-and post-cycle, although for harsh methyl cycles it shoulkd probably be used on as well, although dosed apart from the steroid.

Urso-d, or UDCA, is the prescription of choice to treat cholestasis, which is probably the #1 risk associated with 17-a AAS. It is not availabe OTC (although TUDCA is).

You actually only asked 1 question, so to answer: yes to silibin, no to UDCA. But both work very well at what they do. Comparing them to SERMs vs OTC PCT doesn't make any sense; these are liver aids.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is ID?

Sili-b is one of the actives in milk thistle, and I believe is the most potent. Milk thistle acts as a liver detoxifier, so it is ideally used pre-and post-cycle, although for harsh methyl cycles it shoulkd probably be used on as well, although dosed apart from the steroid.

Urso-d, or UDCA, is the prescription of choice to treat cholestasis, which is probably the #1 risk associated with 17-a AAS. It is not availabe OTC (although TUDCA is).
Thanks for the info! ID is the supplier.

You actually only asked 1 question, so to answer: yes to silibin, no to UDCA. But both work very well at what they do. Comparing them to SERMs vs OTC PCT doesn't make any sense; these are liver aids.
Right, I know they are totally different animals, but I was referring to the potency. Most people do not recommend over the counter PCT as compared to SERMS. I was wondering why people recommend over the counter liver aid instead of things more like Silibin.

pressmaster

Awards
I think that is a very good question and I just had my buddy start the ur. acid bcuz his liver enzymes were way too high.He has too many things going now to make ne plausible observations but we plan on doing some "controlled lab tests" to assess their effectiveness. I think more ppl should try this and contribute info. So many ppl don't get labs done,it is ridiculous. I think ppl underestimate the damage that can be done when running orals and hepatoxic substances.Besides every time somebody messes up and ruins their liver from a career of aas it pushes us further and further away from educating the masses.The biggest crime n our society is ignorance and misinformation that is used to make laws and sway the masses.We have to do something about this and try to keep ppl informed. I hope ppl will try the hepatoxicity inhibitors and I hope we can get some more intellegent posts about them. My body is a temple and although i know I am taking risk for it,I want to be able to preserve its health and strength as long as possible. Self reliance is invaluable to any true champion.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
even if these compounds are far superior liver aids they won't get enough attention because we're swamped with OTC liver aids that have advertisements and people would rather choose 1 and run it and pat themselves on the back about how safe they're being even though they're clueless as to how well it's working.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
unreal has a point.

i stack like 4 diff liver aids and for my soon oral stack im thinkin of adding one more UDCA

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I recall multiple people mentioning that there can be some heinous side effects to udca, can anyone find something on it?

I have seen it on many AAS sites and would love to try it out..

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did some research, its relatively safe but can have serious side effects in people with various conditions, along with other serious side effects that are very infrequent.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
which are?

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
The only person on his board that has personal knowledge with udca and its counterparts is THICKMAN13, but im currently looking into it as well as that new fish oil prescription

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
can someone PM him to join

jjsafari

Awards
used UDCA before. will continue to use when using methylated orals. i can usually tell when the cycles winding down by just feeling ****ty because my liver has been stressed so much. also the bile acid will help if your on winstrol, that **** ****s your digestion up

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About to order tamoxifen aromasin UDCA and maybe some silibinin. I will post as to whether or not I think that the latter 2 actually helped.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yeah imma probably edn up gettin some udca as well

pressmaster

Awards
bbguy,make sure and post if u get labs done before u start nething and during while using the liver aids as I am intrigued.I will have some info b4 2 long as my buddy is going to resume some cycles once everything is back to normal with his enzymes and will get labs done b4 and during to gauge the effects.He has been running the urda for 2-3wks now and no sides so we will c.