No one talks about cortisol

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i feel that everyone overlooks this hormone which solely, probably has the biggest impact on our body composition. It can make our goals extremely hard to achieve so understanding it as much as this board does sex hormones could benefit everyone.

Weather your trying to cut down below 10%bf , or gain lean muscle mass, Cortisols always gonna be there to slow our progress down, and just about everything seems to effect it.

While trying to get below 10% bf I realized I was leaning out everywhere but their was stubborn layer of fat over my mid section that didnt want to leave. Cortisol seems to be the culprit here as its actualy fighting to keep SOME fat on me (to insure bodies survival) this is nuts because im literaly getting striations everywhere else but have fat on my abs.

Those trying to gain muscle, after we get over our beginners gains that plateu sucks doesnt it? Well the body thinks we are overtraining and puts cortisol into the blood which immediatly limits our potential to gain, and actualy breaks down our protiens into glucose to be saved as glycogen in the liver (gluconeogensis)

So I have a some questions for those experienced

1. Stimulants such as caffeine help spike cortisol, so how does something like clen or ECA stack work when cortisol is directly stimulated as well?

2. What can we do to minimize it, and through which mechanisms do these cort blockers such as : reduce xt, supress-C work?

3. Steroids seem to supress or negate cortisols effect which is one of the reasons we see such dramatic changes. When off cycle i expect these cort levels to come back up, how can we manage our cort levels without cycling non-stop?

4. Cortisol seems to interact with 5-alpha reductase and converts to 5-alpha tetrahydrocortisol, what the hell is that and what does this means for finasteride users???

Any input on cortisol related to training is appreciated, and perhaps somone could put up a sticky?

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there is tons of discussion on cortisol. tons of it. Everyone talks about it =]

spezzy

Awards
It is talked about, but it doesn't seem like there is one conclusive supplement that is widely recommended for cort support, and not everyone runs it. Hell I've done quite a few cycles and haven't run any. I definitely do realize I should be taking some sort of sup for it right now though.

I'm cutting right now on Clen and even though I'm losing fat I feel some sort of bloated feeling.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It is talked about, but it doesn't seem like there is one conclusive supplement that is widely recommended for cort support, and not everyone runs it. Hell I've done quite a few cycles and haven't run any. I definitely do realize I should be taking some sort of sup for it right now though.

I'm cutting right now on Clen and even though I'm losing fat I feel some sort of bloated feeling.
Yeah same boat as you, its weird some days i look in the mirror and think damn im cut, the next day i look at my abs and think wtf happened?. diet and training spot on..

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have not played around or read enough on cortisol to directly answer your questions, however, I will be ordering EndoAmp as part of my PCT for an upcoming cycle.

It contains both SerinAid and AlphaSize. SerinAid prevents the rise in cortisol usually associated with post workout, and AlphaSize has been shown to increase GH levels. From what I have heard it is pretty good stuff, so I look forward to judging its effects in PCT.

Combined with Supress C, you should have your cortisol worries taken care of:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/competitive-edge-labs/suppress-c-120-ml.html

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Subbed to answer later, on a phone and don't have time right now

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subddd I am pn 11 oxo which is an anabolic with cortisol suppresent properties to it- thus making it ideal for a cut or recomp- and my recomp has been a huge success! Have stayed at 213-214 the entire 3 weeks so far and eating 700 under maint with cardio 6 days a week- but as we all know anabolics must be cycled- so I am very interested in this for when I am in my resting/recouping phase

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
controlling cortisol for long periods of time is like controlling your test for long periods of time. it's going to mess something up permanently.

when an natural athlete exercises, after an intense workout, cortisol levels are spiked. and know what follows the spike? a spike in testosterone.

I gave a presentation on a paper about the effects of cortisol & testosterone on male olympic rowers.

I have that paper somewhere.

but effecting cortisol production could have an effect on test production.

exercise and proper nutrition are the best responces to cortisol.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
use t3 with clen. clen slows down t3 production in ur thyroid. also a good stack to remove cortisol fat, clen/t3+anavar

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
the clen will help slow down muscle loss. t3 will eat it. clen will blunt the muscle loss. thats y whenever i run clen/t3 i always use a test or anavar or even some sort of creatine or natural test booster. but yes, clen/t3 will most likely result in more muscle loss than clen itself.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Clen does not blunt muscle loss at all, and unfortunatley will eat it up a bit too. Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i had read about clen's anticatabolic effects but when i put it to the test, didn't work so well, maybe that's just me though. At any rate if I will always stack T3 with something anabolic.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I've read that clen can help negate some of the muscle loss from a calorie restricted diet, but I've also seen studies that it can cause an enlarged heart from the beta stimulation, however the doses were much higher per kilogram in rats than any human would be able to handle.

I like cortisol modulation during pct, really helps with the balance of the hormones, and also agree that it must be used in moderation and cycled. But even insulin should be cycled, so many people don't realize that. Anyways I've recently purchased endoamp, I will give it a try after my dermacrine and phytotest cycle. Only other cortisol supp I used was cortished after my first superdrol cycle, that stuff worked but I was also busting my ass in spring conditioning.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
one of questions was about clen/t3/eca's effect on cortisol, i am under the impression it will make it the level rise because both are part of the andergenic system.

felost

felost

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i had a bad rebound with 11-Sterone (cortisol supressor).

A lot of water retention.

=/

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i had read about clen's anticatabolic effects but when i put it to the test, didn't work so well, maybe that's just me though. At any rate if I will always stack T3 with something anabolic.
problem with clen for the anabolic effect is that it takes time to develop, around 4 weeks.

And even then people think of it as a saftey blanket and DROP calories too low.

It saves muscle. not nearly as much as an anabolic.

It saves muscle even better when on a keto diet.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
everyone overlooks this hormone ? I think not, that why we take in extrsa protien to help build faster then its borken down, that why i add pps IBCAA's to my ASGT preWO, to hlp with muscle loss ect.

not sure how you came to this conclution.

GrowthMan1

GrowthMan1

Awards
i feel that everyone overlooks this hormone which solely, probably has the biggest impact on our body composition. It can make our goals extremely hard to achieve so understanding it as much as this board does sex hormones could benefit everyone.

Weather your trying to cut down below 10%bf , or gain lean muscle mass, Cortisols always gonna be there to slow our progress down, and just about everything seems to effect it.

While trying to get below 10% bf I realized I was leaning out everywhere but their was stubborn layer of fat over my mid section that didnt want to leave. Cortisol seems to be the culprit here as its actualy fighting to keep SOME fat on me (to insure bodies survival) this is nuts because im literaly getting striations everywhere else but have fat on my abs.

Those trying to gain muscle, after we get over our beginners gains that plateu sucks doesnt it? Well the body thinks we are overtraining and puts cortisol into the blood which immediatly limits our potential to gain, and actualy breaks down our protiens into glucose to be saved as glycogen in the liver (gluconeogensis)

So I have a some questions for those experienced

1. Stimulants such as caffeine help spike cortisol, so how does something like clen or ECA stack work when cortisol is directly stimulated as well?

2. What can we do to minimize it, and through which mechanisms do these cort blockers such as : reduce xt, supress-C work?

3. Steroids seem to supress or negate cortisols effect which is one of the reasons we see such dramatic changes. When off cycle i expect these cort levels to come back up, how can we manage our cort levels without cycling non-stop?

4. Cortisol seems to interact with 5-alpha reductase and converts to 5-alpha tetrahydrocortisol, what the hell is that and what does this means for finasteride users???

Any input on cortisol related to training is appreciated, and perhaps somone could put up a sticky?

This is why I do not take preworkout supps. The anxiety comedown sucks, and I know cortisol is in high gear...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am interested in throwing in suppress c in my next pct around week three

But I dont wanna mess up my cort levels natural ebb and flow as it has already been tamperd with on the anabolics- does anyone have any input? Yay or Nay??

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
I am interested in throwing in suppress c in my next pct around week three

But I dont wanna mess up my cort levels natural ebb and flow as it has already been tamperd with on the anabolics- does anyone have any input? Yay or Nay??
Just saw this post, I have done some experimenting with cortisol modulation during pct, I prefer Phosphatidylserine, most products are underdosed however, endoamp max is a good one. Also used cortished before but not sure if they make it anymore. Depending on your goals, if you keep calories a little above maintenance you will keep your gains with a ps product, just my opinion.