And You Thought You knew D-Bol......

The Answer

Awards
Dianabol often gets a bad rap for being nothing more than a "bloating" drug.While it is true that the initial onset of weight gains are usually induced by estradiol influenced edema,once the drug has been administered for consecutive weeks,many subsequent anabolic reactions take place(more than are listed in this study)and true HYPERTROPHY is realized.And contrary to popular opinion,it does not all fade away after discontinuation.They don't call it the breakfast of champions for nothing Enjoy my brothas....

Clin Sci (Colch) 1981 Apr;60(4):457-61

Effects of methandienone on the performance and body composition of men undergoing athletic training.

Hervey GR, Knibbs AV, Burkinshaw L, Morgan DB, Jones PR, Chettle DR, Vartsky D.

1. In a previous study of the effects of methandienone (Dianabol) on men undergoing athletic training, strength and performance increased, but not significantly more when the subjects were taking the drug than when they were taking placebo. The subjects did, however, gain more weight on the drug, with increases in total body potassium and muscle dimensions. It remained an open question whether the muscles had gained normal tissue or intracellular fluid. 2. In an attempt to distinguish between these possibilities the trial has been repeated, using as subjects seven male weight-lifters in regular training, and including measurements of total body nitrogen. As before, a dose of 100 mg of methandienone/day was given alternately with the placebo in a double-blind crossover experiment. The treatment periods lasted 6 weeks and were separated by an interval of 6 weeks. Body weight, potassium and nitrogen, muscle size, and leg performance and strength increased significantly during training on the drug, but not during the placebo period. 3. The finding of increased body nitrogen suggested that the weight gain was not only intracellular fluid. The increases in body potassium (436 +/- SEM 41 mmol) and nitrogen (255 +/- 69 g) were too large in proportion to the weight gain (2.3 +/- 0.4 kg) for this to be attributed to gain of normal muscle or other lean tissue, and imply gain of nitrogen-rich, phosphate-poor substance. Although this action of methandienone might be described as anabolic, the weight gain produced is not normal muscle.

Hope this helps
TA

txwakeskater

Awards
Who brought this guy ???? :confused: :rolleyes:

He's a good one..... :cool: :D

The Answer

Awards
Damn Tx, initially I didn't scroll down far enough.....I didn't feel the love :eek: ......then you revealed yourself at the bottom :D ....lol. Thanks bro. I try to make my rounds to the boards and contribute where I can, but I have been around since '97 so I feel like an old soul on these boards, lol.

Thanks for the compliment Tx
TA

txwakeskater

Awards
HEHEHE, im glad i got ya . :p . Welcome bro and your producing sum great articles..... Come too the chats bro, we hang in there all the time... Lterz