Drinking night before blood test...

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Drinking night before blood test...

Will drinking the night before a blood test have a major effect on my test levels? i will be going tmrw morning at 11 for a blood test to check test levels, etc, and i was supposed to go out drinking with some buddies tonight at a local bar.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

Is drinking really that important?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Is drinking really that important?
    I knew someone was gonna ask this...the reason why i asked is to make sure. if it wont then i will drink, if it will then i obviously wont. just a precautionary question.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGfilms View Post
    Will drinking the night before a blood test have a major effect on my test levels? i will be going tmrw morning at 11 for a blood test to check test levels, etc, and i was supposed to go out drinking with some buddies tonight at a local bar.
    Yeap,
    Drinking alcohol significantly brings test levels down the next day. I was reading this is a good way to fake your doctor out that you have low test and get some hrt from it lol.
    This is also why I quit drinking 3 months ago. All that working our and not much to show for it. I was working out and drinking for years, I just saw a massive difference in myself when I stopped drinking.
    Google it you will see alot of reading material about it and studies of effect of alcohol on test
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

If you drink enough your test levels can be suppressed for up to about a week. Having said that, getting drunk every once in a while is worth it.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Wow well thats good to know considering i didnt drink last night and just got back from my blood test about 30min ago lol. You think it would do the same for liver enzymes? im guessing yes.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

As science evolves, we realize what we knew isnt what we know. Drinking was once thought to lower test levels, but many believe it dosent lower it nearly as much as once thought - unless the drinking is habitual. Not to mention, testing evolves non-stop, and many times, external factors can be accounted for and adjusted for by doctors when examining test scores. Oddly, the January journal of Alcohol in Clinical and Experimental Human Research revealed evidence that shows drinking in short stints (i.e. one nighters) actually increases test levels in the body, most notably in the brain. However, long term alcohol use was still shown to cause a drop in circulating test levels.

In short.. dont worry about drinking the night before. Its not gonna throw off the test scores that much. Medical testing is far too advanced for that - a sharp contrast to testing done just a few years ago.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

What you said might be true if you only have a couple drinks, but binge drinking has been shown in studies to decrease test level proportionally to the amount drank.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  BIG lbs.
    Answers

overall what have we learnt here? that it might effect them and it might not lol... that said the best bet for someone getting blood work done would be to avoid drinking the night before. if the tests came back with low test levels, you would be left wondering if it was due to the drinking and you'd have to go get more tests to double check.

i know you already got your tests, just sayin.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Answers

I think alcohol plays too big of a role in the world anyways...lets ban alcohol and legalize steroids....I can deal with that.
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  BIG lbs.
    Answers

I think alcohol plays too big of a role in the world anyways...lets ban alcohol and legalize steroids....I can deal with that.
    to quote the one and only Homer J. Simpson
    "alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems"
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Answers

AMEN BROTHER!

So how did your tests turn out? Or is it to soon? And how is your liver doing?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingman View Post
    AMEN BROTHER!

So how did your tests turn out? Or is it to soon? And how is your liver doing?
    HA get this, LabCorp called me yesterday saying that something happened with the shipping of the vials and they broke or something so i have to go back this weeek comming up for another....
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Answers

yikes, the suspense
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Hey why isnt my picute under my name? hmmm I'll have to figure out how to do that. I'm a newb here.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 11:15 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
  3. Test E/drinking
    By nclifterz71 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 02:40 PM