Deca + Test + Back Injury

hmarquez917

Awards
I'm new here, be gentle.

Quick Intro
I am a 30 year old athlete who goes to the gym 5 days a week for 1-1.5 hours. I play sports competitively on the weekends and some weekdays- football, baseball, basketball. My diet is 75% clean in that breakfast and dinner are "good" but lunch is usually "ok" at best with visits to Chinese restaurants. I supplement my diet with Muscle Milk Evo Pro twice a day and Muscle Milk twice a day. So I get 200+ grams per day with my normal diet plus the supps. When I am in what I consider tip-top shape I weigh 198-200 and can run a 4.7 40yrd, bench 300, squat 300, and run a 7 minute mile (I am more of a sprinter).

The Problem
I sustained a back injury 3 years ago while doing squats. Like a dumbass, I relaxed my core while under load and slipped a disc. I recovered from that in about 3 weeks and was back out on the field with only minor pain when in an extension position. All was well until about 4 months ago when I came down from a jumpshot and felt a "crunch" in my lower back, same spot as before. Since then I have been in pain most of the time and can no longer sprint or make any athletic moves. I got an MRI and found out I have a torn disc. Ortho Surgeon told me I needed to take up basket weaving and give up sports. That's a death sentence. Went to a Chiro and am 4 weeks in with little results. I understand it's a slow process but I am losing hope. Since I can no longer do explosive movements/training or squats I am losing weight. I am down to 189-190 and am getting desperate. I still go to the gym but avoid anything that will hurt my back. I am limited to the basics.

The Solution?
I friend of mine has a lot of personal experience with a deca + test cycle. He said that deca helped his joints so that lead me to think that maybe it would help my back in conjunction with chiro therapy and traction. The goal to fix my back is to get fluid back to that joint so it can increase the space between my vertibre (sp). Since I am getting desperate, I wanted to come here and see if I am delusional or if this has a chance at working. I have no interest in getting huge, just strong and back to 200. I am usually cut enough to make me happy but wouldn't be opposed to a little more definition.

Questions
Is this worth trying? Am I insane to think that it can help? Do I have anything to worry about when it comes to health issues if I try this cycle? Understand, that I will do it by the book and formulate a proper PTC so that I don't hurt myself.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If I don't have my sports, I'd rather die.

Broken Athlete

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Which direction is the rupture? Inward or outward?

What type of therapy have you used thus far? The repetition lifts, ice, stim-shock, and massages?

I ruptured mine about 2.5 years ago, and it took nearly 15 months of therapy, home therapy, high reps, massages, heating, ice, stim-shock, chiro and about $5,000 bucks, in order for me just to get back to jogging. I

just deadlifted for the first time since 2008 and it felt "OK" but very scary. You can get an impingement on certain nerves which can cause you to lose your urine spontaneously or it gets impinged to a point to where they must invade your back....I hope it isn't ruptured toward the stomach.

A buddy of mine had his rupture toward the front, FULL BLOWN rupture. They had to enter through his stomach, ouch!!!! He was out of commission for nearly 18 months.

I am kind of lucky because they can do mine from the back and it is still in decent enough shape that if I have it done, I can still run, play basketball and lift LIGHTLY as far as deads go but nothing heavy...heavy for me was 450ish-500 back in the day. Now, I can barely get up 200 without struggling but at least i have not been cut on and i am not pisssssing down my leg or anything embarrassing...

I have tons of material on these issues due to me having them for over 2years now...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Oh, the deca...it's going to be a hard call because the disk is not necessarily a joint. It has to be refilled someone, either by natural procedures (therapy, McKenzies) or unnaturally by surgery where they can insert a substance to fill it out or remove it and fuse. There are other options as well when going the surgery route.

hmarquez917

Awards
I feel like an idiot not knowing the answer to the question as to "which way is the disc pushing", but I am pretty sure it's to the back. The reason I say that is because the PT called for "extension" therapy so I was doing a lot of "cobras" which is apparently a yoga move. The goal of those was to push the disc back towards the front I think. Right now I am doing Chiro 3x week, massage 2x month, ice daily, heat daily, exercise daily.

I can jog all day long. It's sprinting that hurts and any kind of athletic move like cutting on the football field. It hurts like hell to lean over the sink and brush my teeth until I get all the way bent over. There is no leaning forward and holding it. It's all the way bent over or straight up and down.

So maybe I just wasted some $$$ on this stack. I was hoping that I could help myself heal quicker.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
HGH seems like that only thing that could really help ur situation

hmarquez917

Awards
I'd be more than happy to give HGH a shot but getting a hold of it and the $500/month would be tough.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
just need to know the right ppl. thats a rip-off if thats underground GH.....if its from a pharmacy then i can see it costing that much. but anyway u want to look at it, GH is very expensive

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I have a buddy that used HGH that swears it helped him heal quicker with his partial rupture but I have "heard" of others that have said it didn't do very much...

Now, the person that said it worked was using pharma grade from a Doc buddy of his while the other people were injecting black market grade, i.e. got if from a site on the internet...

hmarquez917

Awards
Any suggestions on the type of docs that would give it out? I don't even have a primary care doctor cause I never go. The only docs I know are ortho surgeons.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Any suggestions on the type of docs that would give it out? I don't even have a primary care doctor cause I never go. The only docs I know are ortho surgeons.
hmm im actually not toooo sure who would be able to (or who actually would) prescribe GH for a back injury. might take some google searching to find the answer

hmarquez917

Awards
I googleized the interweb and it looks like these "anti-aging" places are the best place to start. I just don't know how they'll treat a 30 year old that looks like he's in shape.