Test E shot went bad

tallbikerguy

Awards
Apparently my Thursday Test-E shot (300 mg) went bad or I shot it too high up in the thigh. Thing is I have a huge painful bump there now an it is red and hard. What should I do and is it too early to worry?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently my Thursday Test-E shot (300 mg) went bad or I shot it too high up in the thigh. Thing is I have a huge painful bump there now an it is red and hard. What should I do and is it too early to worry?
Does it feel warm to the touch as well?

tallbikerguy

Awards
Yeah kinda, but then again I am sitting in front of a computer the whole day which presses on it from down below.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah kinda, but then again I am sitting in front of a computer the whole day which presses on it from down below.
Redness, Warmth, and Hardness is usually a sign of infection. If you have a ZPack or something ready to go, start taking it now.. otherwise, go to the doc and get a script.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Redness, Warmth, and Hardness is usually a sign of infection. If you have a ZPack or something ready to go, start taking it now.. otherwise, go to the doc and get a script.
Yeah I do, will it interfere with my gear at all?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I do, will it interfere with my gear at all?
No, but that is inconsequential anyway... an infection is serious business. Get the problem taken care of first... go light until the infection is gone since heavy workouts will put a strain on your immune system. If things don't look better in a day or two, head to an Urgent Care.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Have you injected this gear before? I've had some injection sites stay swollen for over a week but weren't infections. I don't think it's an infection. It's been a long time, by now I would think that it would be pretty bad. And by "pretty bad" I mean you'd more likely be on your way to an ER than sitting at home wondering if it were something to worry about.

If it is an infection, you should go to the doctor to have it drained. Sometimes they won't want to drain it, though, which is why some people drain it themselves with a syringe using an 18g needle. Showing up to the ER with a syringe full of puss from your "B12 injection gone wrong" is sure to get you seen quick and sent along with the script you need.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Have you injected this gear before? I've had some injection sites stay swollen for over a week but weren't infections. I don't think it's an infection. It's been a long time, by now I would think that it would be pretty bad. And by "pretty bad" I mean you'd more likely be on your way to an ER than sitting at home wondering if it were something to worry about.

If it is an infection, you should go to the doctor to have it drained. Sometimes they won't want to drain it, though, which is why some people drain it themselves with a syringe using an 18g needle. Showing up to the ER with a syringe full of puss from your "B12 injection gone wrong" is sure to get you seen quick and sent along with the script you need.
Yeah this is week 7 on the same gear. I have had injection sites hurt and be inflamed for like a week during this cycle but it has been on the butt, not as painful/swollen as now though (thigh). Also, on the butt it has turned purple, not red like this one is.

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Purple = bruise, red = inflamation. Inflamation from extra blood and also in the case of infection, antibodies and WBC.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Purple = bruise, red = inflamation. Inflamation from extra blood and also in the case of infection, antibodies and WBC.
yeah I knew this...but what does the World Baseball Classic have to do with this lol?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, purple sounds like blood underneath the skin surface; do you aspirate, and firmly apply pressure after injecting? Applying pressure afterwards should help with that.

Like mentioned, redness, warmth and swelling are signs of an infecction.
Not sure if the WBC is a joke, but he meant White Blood Cell

deadaim

Banned
Awards
  • Established
White blood cells, have a part in bacterial infection inflamation. Such is the case with acne, as an obvious example.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Hmm, purple sounds like blood underneath the skin surface; do you aspirate, and firmly apply pressure after injecting? Applying pressure afterwards should help with that.

Yes I do aspirate and then firmly apply pressure. Yes WBC was a joke. I am just hoping this sh1t goes away man, now I can't even do my warmup cardio

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established

This^^ Aspirate bro. esp if you're hitting your quad. more veins

tallbikerguy

Awards
Just popped a 500 mg azithromycin pill. Hoping this sh1t doesn't get too problematic. Still inflamed and red/painful/hard, not better or worse so I popped the Z-pack. I'll do 250 mg for the next 4 days.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
levaquin 750 for 3 days and my ****s always better!

tallbikerguy

Awards
Crazyfool, have you had the same problem I'm having? Have you tried the Z-Pack?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Crazyfool, have you had the same problem I'm having? Have you tried the Z-Pack?
have not tried z pack, i had an infection in the glute, went to doc, got levaquin 750, did it for 3 days (it wasnt that bad) and bam it was better.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
anyone use Ciprofloxacin? also would amoxicillian be effective against infection? i can get both and wonder if they would be good to have on hand in case i need them

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
amoxill can work 500-100-mg for a week duno bout cipro make sure your not allergic. im allergic to penicillian n amoxil

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
sounds good man...im gonna pick some up
i would check with a doc though man, sometimes some things cant help because of the bacteria.

If its really bad, and septic, it may need to be drained or cut (abcess- steril or septic)

also dont inject in there for like 3 weeks.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if i'm stealing the thread, but a infection comes from either bad gear, or non-sterile needles, syringe, not clean area, etc?

Do most people throw away syringe after one injection just like the needle?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
yes syringes are single use

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if i'm stealing the thread, but a infection comes from either bad gear, or non-sterile needles, syringe, not clean area, etc?

Do most people throw away syringe after one injection just like the needle?
I usually hang my used syringes on my x-mas tree as ornaments

tallbikerguy

Awards
After just one day on the Z-Pack my bump feels/looks a lil smaller. I have also iced it twice a day for like 15 min. Keep in this mind should you need help with injections gone wrong

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
After just one day on the Z-Pack my bump feels/looks a lil smaller. I have also iced it twice a day for like 15 min. Keep in this mind should you need help with injections gone wrong
can anyone tell me about these z-packs? never heard of them...did a quick search that didnt really answer my question

tallbikerguy

Awards
So today makes a week of this sh1t and I don't see much improvement. It got a lil better after I took the Z-pack the first day but it has stayed the same now. I believe if it was an infection I would be feeling real bad and this would have grown in size and pain. However, it has stayed the same kinda. How long can a bad injection last before it gets well?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So today makes a week of this sh1t and I don't see much improvement. It got a lil better after I took the Z-pack the first day but it has stayed the same now. I believe if it was an infection I would be feeling real bad and this would have grown in size and pain. However, it has stayed the same kinda. How long can a bad injection last before it gets well?
10-14 days before no pain, tenderness, heat and swelling should be going away after a few days on medicine, then a week later should be almost pain free,

wait ATLEAST 2-3 weeks AFTER its healed to go near it again,

i havent went near my glute since the infection, and will not do glute shots ever again.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Actually my glutes usually do better than my thighs, no idea why. All I know is that this shows no or very lil signs of improvement

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually my glutes usually do better than my thighs, no idea why. All I know is that this shows no or very lil signs of improvement
itll still be sore, just ifection will be going away,

you may have a steril abcess, or a septic one, goto the doc and see.

tallbikerguy

Awards
I had to cut out my pre-workout cardio cuz I didn't wanna make my leg any worse; but can I run for like 5-10 min just to warm up? Thing is if I don't my joints all kill me

duke66

duke66

Awards
  • Established
I had to cut out my pre-workout cardio cuz I didn't wanna make my leg any worse; but can I run for like 5-10 min just to warm up? Thing is if I don't my joints all kill me
You can physically do whatever your body will tolerate, meaning if you can get through it then yeah it's fine. The bigger problem here is that this red/inflammed area has not resolved or shown improvement. Someone mentioned abcess and that is a likely possibility. You really should get it looked at by a doc. I've seen things like this cook into bigger problems. This thing could really start to destroy tissue in the area which could have longterm consequences. Not trying to scare, but these things can turn very bad very fast. Suck it up and see a doc. Good Luck

tallbikerguy

Awards
Hey fellas, thanks to all of you! I stuck with the Z-Pack and my thigh is 90% now. I have no pain and the redness/inflammation have gone down. Now I can sit and walk normally! Yessss! Thanks guys

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas, thanks to all of you! I stuck with the Z-Pack and my thigh is 90% now. I have no pain and the redness/inflammation have gone down. Now I can sit and walk normally! Yessss! Thanks guys
good now wait about 2 weeks before you hit that spot for inject again,

tallbikerguy

Awards
Yeah man I'm staying away from that one. Anyway I only got 6 more shots left on my cycle. So far, 15 lbs only. Hoping to keep at least 10. I have been eating like an animal though, and I'm one of those people whose face blows up lol; so I'm hoping to slim down on the face and keep most of the 15 lbs as mucle

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man I'm staying away from that one. Anyway I only got 6 more shots left on my cycle. So far, 15 lbs only. Hoping to keep at least 10. I have been eating like an animal though, and I'm one of those people whose face blows up lol; so I'm hoping to slim down on the face and keep most of the 15 lbs as mucle
Good stuff.. make sure you keep another pack or some fish-biotics around. If something is dirty, it may happen again... so be ready.

tallbikerguy

Awards
Good stuff.. make sure you keep another pack or some fish-biotics around. If something is dirty, it may happen again... so be ready.
Just had my shot last night and e/thing is fine today. No pain or anything. And my monday shots are the more loaded ones, since on Thurs it is only the test