My first run with PH's - Saddle up for my P-Mag bulking log! - AnabolicMinds.com

My first run with PH's - Saddle up for my P-Mag bulking log!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    My first run with PH's - Saddle up for my P-Mag bulking log!


    Welcome to my log of cel p-mag, a little background - i've been lifting for about 4 years or so. I'll be 25 this month. First day on cycle I'll post my exact weight and go from there, but I'm about 177-180 right now, at 5'10"

    This will be my first cycle. I'd been debating for some time between h-drol and p-mag but finally decided on p-mag since I'm more interested in a straight bulk.

    My cycle will be as follows:
    Pre-load cycle assist for 2 weeks

    On cycle: p-mag 50/50/75/75/75
    cycle assist 8 per day split in two doses
    fish oil
    Orange triad
    taurine

    PCT:
    Nolva: 20/20/10/10
    PCT assist
    fish oil
    orange triad
    Creatine
    Jack3d
    --may pick up some lean xtreme as well--

    any feedback or critiques are welcome!!


    Goals: Gain strength and size, hopefully at least 10-12 pounds. I will be eating as much as I can get my hands on, I'm naturally pretty lean so I'm not too worried about putting on much fat. I'll also probably be doing a little cardio throughout the cycle just to help with my bp.

    Right now I'm just waiting on the Nolva which I ordered online. I guess its shipping from India lol so I'm going to start my pre-load as soon as I get it. I ordered it about 10 days ago and they said it would be 7-21 days?? Hoping I didn't get scammed on that.

  2. New Member
    fmfws185's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    190

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Welcome to my log of cel p-mag, a little background - i've been lifting for about 4 years or so. I'll be 25 this month. First day on cycle I'll post my exact weight and go from there, but I'm about 177-180 right now, at 5'10"

    This will be my first cycle. I'd been debating for some time between h-drol and p-mag but finally decided on p-mag since I'm more interested in a straight bulk.

    My cycle will be as follows:
    Pre-load cycle assist for 2 weeks

    On cycle: p-mag 50/50/75/75/75
    cycle assist 8 per day split in two doses
    fish oil
    Orange triad
    taurine

    PCT:
    Nolva: 20/20/10/10
    PCT assist
    fish oil
    orange triad
    Creatine
    Jack3d
    --may pick up some lean xtreme as well--

    any feedback or critiques are welcome!!


    Goals: Gain strength and size, hopefully at least 10-12 pounds. I will be eating as much as I can get my hands on, I'm naturally pretty lean so I'm not too worried about putting on much fat. I'll also probably be doing a little cardio throughout the cycle just to help with my bp.

    Right now I'm just waiting on the Nolva which I ordered online. I guess its shipping from India lol so I'm going to start my pre-load as soon as I get it. I ordered it about 10 days ago and they said it would be 7-21 days?? Hoping I didn't get scammed on that.
    macros?

    dang india lol i get my nolva in like 5-7 days
  3. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,576
    Rep Power
    285445

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good luck Words! And welcome to AM! Subbed my man!

    RECOVERBRO


    •   
       

  4. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfws185 View Post
    macros?

    dang india lol i get my nolva in like 5-7 days
    Haha yeah it told me after I clicked the submit order button that it would be coming from India.

    I'll hopefully be tracking my macros pretty closely. I'll shoot for about 400 carbs, 130 fat, and protein I've been eating about 200 lately but I may try and bump up protein to like 300? What do you think?

    If I did that I would be at around 4000 calories. So I think that will be the goal, we'll see how it goes. I've been at about 3200 for a while and even getting that much is a bit of work.
  5. New Member
    fmfws185's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    190

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Haha yeah it told me after I clicked the submit order button that it would be coming from India.

    I'll hopefully be tracking my macros pretty closely. I'll shoot for about 400 carbs, 130 fat, and protein I've been eating about 200 lately but I may try and bump up protein to like 300? What do you think?

    If I did that I would be at around 4000 calories. So I think that will be the goal, we'll see how it goes. I've been at about 3200 for a while and even getting that much is a bit of work.
    bump up protein to about 250
    if you keep everything else how it is you should be at about 3770 cals
    try that and see how it works for you.
    up to you
    looks good tho

    EDIT:you should be taking in about 270g of protein anyways. so 300 would prolly be good. my mistake
  6. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ordered Nolva for my upcoming H-drol cycle and it came from India as well. I don't know when you ordered yours, but I ordered mine middle of May and just got it today. Good luck on the cycle. I would personally extend to six weeks myself though.

    Subd!!
  7. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Good luck Words! And welcome to AM! Subbed my man!
    Thanks Johnny appreciate the support!! Am has been very helpful, great board
  8. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfws185 View Post
    bump up protein to about 250
    if you keep everything else how it is you should be at about 3770 cals
    try that and see how it works for you.
    up to you
    looks good tho

    EDIT:you should be taking in about 270g of protein anyways. so 300 would prolly be good. my mistake
    Hey bro thanks for the input. Yeah I figure ill shoot for 300 and if I don't quite get that everyday its all good
  9. Advanced Member
    Gonzo14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    813
    Rep Power
    475

    Reputation

    if you picked up that LX, would you run it on PCT?
  10. Banned
    HumpTheCook's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  BIG lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,103
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    by the sounds of it you are somewhat winging it day to day with your diet... from personal experience you should really plan out exactly what you are gonna eat each day, makes thimgs easier to track.

    other than that you got all your ducks in a row and everything looks good. good luck bro.
  11. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Ordered Nolva for my upcoming H-drol cycle and it came from India as well. I don't know when you ordered yours, but I ordered mine middle of May and just got it today. Good luck on the cycle. I would personally extend to six weeks myself though.

    Subd!!
    Thanks for subbin in Rick! Well who knows when it will come in then, I looked at the confirmation and I ordered it on the 3rd of june, so it may be a little bit I guess.

    Yeah I may extend it to 6 weeks if sides aren't bad. When are you starting your cycle man? Good luck with yours as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo14 View Post
    if you picked up that LX, would you run it on PCT?
    Hey Gonzo, yeah I think I'd run it starting after the 2nd week of PCT. Is that how you would do it?
  12. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by HumpTheCook View Post
    by the sounds of it you are somewhat winging it day to day with your diet... from personal experience you should really plan out exactly what you are gonna eat each day, makes thimgs easier to track.

    other than that you got all your ducks in a row and everything looks good. good luck bro.
    Yeah I hear you on that. I usually eat alot of the same things everyday, but you are right it would probably be beneficial to actually plan out my diet especially when on cycle so I can make sure to meet my macros.
  13. Advanced Member
    Gonzo14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    813
    Rep Power
    475

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Hey Gonzo, yeah I think I'd run it starting after the 2nd week of PCT. Is that how you would do it?
    I would wait till PCT is done. Your going to have to work hard to maintain your gains on PCT, you dont want to be burning up extra cals that could be going to your newly hard earned muscles. just IMO.
  14. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Thanks for subbin in Rick! Well who knows when it will come in then, I looked at the confirmation and I ordered it on the 3rd of june, so it may be a little bit I guess.

    Yeah I may extend it to 6 weeks if sides aren't bad. When are you starting your cycle man? Good luck with yours as well.



    Hey Gonzo, yeah I think I'd run it starting after the 2nd week of PCT. Is that how you would do it?
    My H-drol cycle won't be until sep. I am really looking forward to seeing how this goes for you. Ive heard a lot of good things about P-mag, very similiar compound to hdrol. Maybe a little better for a bulk. I would start Lean x in week 3 of PCT. Thats what I'm gonna try in my cycle. Good Luck man!!
  15. New Member
    cowboy007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    322

    Reputation

    I just came off a Pmag run. Its shulders above H-Drol in terms of bulking. I think you'll enjoy the compound. Id run the LX in week 3 of PCT as well, and as mentioned, bump that protein up a bit. I was targeting 320 on mine, 300 will be great for you. And welcome to the board!

    Id run it for 6 weeks instead of the five
  16. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,639
    Rep Power
    1590285

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'd recomend picking up a bottle of dermacrine transdermal since you are bulking.

    or if you dont want to rub it on your skin, then a bottle of 4ad xl from ams.

    add some form of test to your pmag bulk cycle, and you'll be glad you did.

    jbry
  17. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    My H-drol cycle won't be until sep. I am really looking forward to seeing how this goes for you. Ive heard a lot of good things about P-mag, very similiar compound to hdrol. Maybe a little better for a bulk. I would start Lean x in week 3 of PCT. Thats what I'm gonna try in my cycle. Good Luck man!!
    Awesome man, you going to log it? Yeah I'll try to keep the log pretty detailed I hope! Thanks for the advice on the lx, thats probably what I'll do.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy007 View Post
    I just came off a Pmag run. Its shulders above H-Drol in terms of bulking. I think you'll enjoy the compound. Id run the LX in week 3 of PCT as well, and as mentioned, bump that protein up a bit. I was targeting 320 on mine, 300 will be great for you. And welcome to the board!

    Id run it for 6 weeks instead of the five
    Thanks for the welcome Cowboy! Glad to hear you had success with p-mag, I've read alot of good things about this compound so I'm pretty pumped about it! Yeah i'll definitely try and load up the protein on my cycle - hopefully 300 grams per day.

    Many people have been suggesting 6 weeks to me, so I think I'll do six weeks as long as sides aren't too bad. Thanks for the input.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    I'd recomend picking up a bottle of dermacrine transdermal since you are bulking.

    or if you dont want to rub it on your skin, then a bottle of 4ad xl from ams.

    add some form of test to your pmag bulk cycle, and you'll be glad you did.

    jbry
    hey jbry, appreciate you coming by. I've heard of dermacrine but haven't looked too much into it. Is it basically like a natural test booster? I'll have to look into it later tonight, but what are the benefits of adding it into a cycle? Does it make the transition to pct more smooth? Would it increase my gains?


    Thanks everyone for the advice and support!
  18. New Member
    fmfws185's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    190

    Reputation

    subbed for sure bro!!!
  19. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,639
    Rep Power
    1590285

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Awesome man, you going to log it? Yeah I'll try to keep the log pretty detailed I hope! Thanks for the advice on the lx, thats probably what I'll do.



    Thanks for the welcome Cowboy! Glad to hear you had success with p-mag, I've read alot of good things about this compound so I'm pretty pumped about it! Yeah i'll definitely try and load up the protein on my cycle - hopefully 300 grams per day.

    Many people have been suggesting 6 weeks to me, so I think I'll do six weeks as long as sides aren't too bad. Thanks for the input.


    hey jbry, appreciate you coming by. I've heard of dermacrine but haven't looked too much into it. Is it basically like a natural test booster? I'll have to look into it later tonight, but what are the benefits of adding it into a cycle? Does it make the transition to pct more smooth? Would it increase my gains?


    Thanks everyone for the advice and support!
    dermacrine is a ph product that contains dhea, and other natural sups to enhance it's conversion into testosterone, and prevent it's conversion into estrogen.

    I look at dermacrine as more of a hormonal stablizer while on a cycle of non aromatizing compounds. anytime you add test to a cycle, it only makes the cycle better, esp if your bulking.

    4-ad from ams is 4-dhea, which is an isomer of dhea, the difference is it converts to only test, vs dhea converting into multiple hormones.

    4-dhea is two steps away from testosterone.

    4-ad xl will run you about 50-60 bucks, and will def add size to any cycle of non aromatizable steroids.

    but all of this is just extra, and not needed, you'll make great gains without it, it's just always nice to have some form of test on cycle.
  20. New Member
    Primal2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    175

    Reputation

    I have read a lot of positive things on p-mag. i'll be lurking for results. Should be a good bulk from my understanding of the prohormone.
  21. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Wink


    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Awesome man, you going to log it? Yeah I'll try to keep the log pretty detailed I hope! Thanks for the advice on the lx, thats probably what I'll do.:
    Yeh you got me interested so I went ahead and ordered me some P-mag yesterday even though it will be like six months before I can run it. Ill run after the layoff following my hdrol cycle...and when the time comes to start my cycle I will log it.

    I'll be following yours close man when you can start. Good Luck!
  22. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfws185 View Post
    subbed for sure bro!!!
    AWESOME BRO!! I'm still just waiting on the damn nolva haha. If it doesn't come within a few days though I'll just start my loading and cycle and then if it isn't here by the second week of cycle I'll order some from a different site.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    but all of this is just extra, and not needed, you'll make great gains without it, it's just always nice to have some form of test on cycle.
    Hey bro, that sounds pretty good. I think I'm just going to do the p-mag for now since I'm low on money but I have some h-drol for a future cycle so I may try it then!

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal2 View Post
    I have read a lot of positive things on p-mag. i'll be lurking for results. Should be a good bulk from my understanding of the prohormone.
    Sweet man, thanks for coming by. Yeah, I'm hoping for some good results.

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Yeh you got me interested so I went ahead and ordered me some P-mag yesterday even though it will be like six months before I can run it. Ill run after the layoff following my hdrol cycle...and when the time comes to start my cycle I will log it.

    I'll be following yours close man when you can start. Good Luck!
    Awesome man! I actually picked up some h-drol too to do for my next cycle haha. So we'll be able to get some good info from each others logs.
  23. New Member
    Aldross's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    224
    Rep Power
    12516

    Reputation

    In for the ride. I almost picked P-mag up but ended up going for the Mdrol. Following your results incase i decide to try P-mag for the winter bulk.
  24. New Member
    fmfws185's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    190

    Reputation

    dam still waiting for it?
    if your running any kind of cycle support you should start pre loading it anyways.
    ya if it doesnt get there by week 2 of the cycle just get some from another site.
  25. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldross View Post
    In for the ride. I almost picked P-mag up but ended up going for the Mdrol. Following your results incase i decide to try P-mag for the winter bulk.
    Cool man, nice to see people interested in this!

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfws185 View Post
    dam still waiting for it?
    if your running any kind of cycle support you should start pre loading it anyways.
    ya if it doesnt get there by week 2 of the cycle just get some from another site.
    Yeah bro its annoying!

    I'll probably start preloading my cycle assist on monday I think. How long do most people pre-load, like 2 weeks or something?
  26. New Member
    fmfws185's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    190

    Reputation

    lol i know what you mean i bought some protein in bulk from a certain site. waited 4 dam weeks for it. when it finally came in i totally forgot i ordered it hahaha i was like wtf is this from

    ya preload for 2 weeks cause alot of the stuff takes a while to build up and start working
  27. New Member
    int3grat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    109

    Reputation

    subbed and good luck!.

    follow my log for any advice !
  28. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Pre-load the cycle assist for 2 weeks before cycle like already said. Takes a little while to build up some of the things in your system, and the Hawthorn Berry in it can initially raise Blood pressure before lowering it. And you DONT want that on cycle. You seem to have everything lined up pretty nice. Get plenty of Cals, and train heavy, and this cycle will be very good to you!
  29. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfws185 View Post
    lol i know what you mean i bought some protein in bulk from a certain site. waited 4 dam weeks for it. when it finally came in i totally forgot i ordered it hahaha i was like wtf is this from

    ya preload for 2 weeks cause alot of the stuff takes a while to build up and start working
    Haha yeah bro I hear you. I checked my mail on my way home today and there was a note that there is a package for me at the post office so hopefully that should be my Nolva haha finally.

    Quote Originally Posted by int3grat View Post
    subbed and good luck!.

    follow my log for any advice !
    Tight bro, I was checking out your log man, thats crazy how much weight you've gained, nice work!

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Pre-load the cycle assist for 2 weeks before cycle like already said. Takes a little while to build up some of the things in your system, and the Hawthorn Berry in it can initially raise Blood pressure before lowering it. And you DONT want that on cycle. You seem to have everything lined up pretty nice. Get plenty of Cals, and train heavy, and this cycle will be very good to you!
    Yeah dude, I just started pre-loading yesterday and i'm going to pick up what I hope is the Nolva tomorrow from the post office so things are finally getting started! thats interesting about the hawthorn berry. Bp is actually one of the things I'm concerned about, for some reason my blood pressure has always been a bit above normal. I'll be monitoring it throughout though, and bp the reason why I think I'm going to be doing a little cardio.

    I've been weighing in right around 180 lbs. First day of cycle i'll post some measurements, weight, and take some before pictures to post up!!
  30. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    alright well I've been preloading for about 10 days now I think so I'm getting anxious about starting my cycle haha. I'll probably start it on Monday.

    Is it best to take the p-mag with food or on an empty stomach?
  31. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8929

    Reputation

    I have never run pmag but I have run several cycles of ph- I find that it doesnt matter for me in my personal experience, although I will be following this as in november i am going to be stacking pmag and m14add-which converts to dianabol....yumm
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  32. New Member
    cowboy007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    409
    Rep Power
    322

    Reputation

    I took it both ways, didnt notice any difference. If you normally feel ill if you dont medicate with food, then do so!
  33. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Nice, thanks for the replies. I'll be starting day 1 tomorrow!
  34. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Day 1 on cycle

    Weight 180.5

    Took my first dose of p-mag at about 10 this morning and I'll take the other one at 10 tonight.

    I worked back today, along with three sets of front db raises for rear delts. The last 8 weeks I've been doing a ton of squats and deadlifts, I'm going to slow down on them a bit though because my glutes have expanded rapidly

    Pullups
    bwx12
    bwx12
    bwx12

    Cable rows
    120x12
    120x12
    120x10
    120x10

    BB shrugs
    315x12
    315x12
    315x12

    Front DB raises
    35x10
    35x10
    35x10

    Lat pull-downs
    120x12
    120x12
    120x12

    Throughout my cycle I am going to be working out 5 days a week. I feel like my lagging parts are chest, lats, and biceps so I'm going to emphasize them. My legs, traps and shoulders are my stronger points. I'm used to taking pre-workout supps with stims so I didn't feel like I had the same energy I usually do, but hopefully I'll get used to it.

    I have some before pics that I took, but it won't let me post them because I don't have 50 posts. I'll also post up some measurements tomorrow
  35. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989350

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    If you are trying to primarily trying to bulk on this cycle, you might increase your weight and lower your reps. I see in your workout you're doing 10-12 reps, depending on exercise. I would go heavy and shoot for 6-8 reps per set.

    Also Are you keeping track of cals? Just curious how many cals you are taking in.
  36. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Day 2 on cycle

    Weight 181

    Did chest today

    Incline DB bench
    85x10
    85x10
    85x10

    Flat bench
    225x8
    225x8
    245x5

    Cable Flys
    decline
    70x10
    70x10

    incline
    60x10
    60x10
    60x10

    Wide grip isolation press
    250x6
    225x10
    225x10

    ended with a couple sets of pushups to failure

    Pretty good workout today, felt like my energy was pretty good.

    Sides: none
  37. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    If you are trying to primarily trying to bulk on this cycle, you might increase your weight and lower your reps. I see in your workout you're doing 10-12 reps, depending on exercise. I would go heavy and shoot for 6-8 reps per set.

    Also Are you keeping track of cals? Just curious how many cals you are taking in.
    Hey Rick yeah I was wondering about reps and sets while on cycle. I've been doing pretty heavy weight with low reps for about the last 5 or 6 weeks, and my rotator cuff has been bothering me a bit so my plan was to deload for a couple weeks with higher reps, lower weight, then hit it up heavy again with low reps, higher weight and sets for the rest of the cycle. What do you think?

    Yesterday I didn't track it, but today I am trying to. I'm also going to get groceries tonight to stock up. But yeah, I'm going to try and at least get a pretty good estimate of my daily macros.
  38. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8929

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
    Hey Rick yeah I was wondering about reps and sets while on cycle. I've been doing pretty heavy weight with low reps for about the last 5 or 6 weeks, and my rotator cuff has been bothering me a bit so my plan was to deload for a couple weeks with higher reps, lower weight, then hit it up heavy again with low reps, higher weight and sets for the rest of the cycle. What do you think?

    Yesterday I didn't track it, but today I am trying to. I'm also going to get groceries tonight to stock up. But yeah, I'm going to try and at least get a pretty good estimate of my daily macros.
    lower the weight some 10-12 reps is good rep range for building muscle it does not have to be 6-8 keep the weight lower with 8-10 reps is what I have done and I see great results with an amazing pump- plus these compounds will dry your joints out making you more prone to injury- ur doing fine
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  39. New Member
    10ringaz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    60

    Reputation

    subbed
  40. New Member
    wordsworth03's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    81

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    lower the weight some 10-12 reps is good rep range for building muscle it does not have to be 6-8 keep the weight lower with 8-10 reps is what I have done and I see great results with an amazing pump- plus these compounds will dry your joints out making you more prone to injury- ur doing fine
    Thanks for the advice man, yeah good point on the joints

    Quote Originally Posted by 10ringaz View Post
    subbed
    Thanks for joining up bro!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bulking.
    By JonesyDaniel in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
  2. BULKING HELP!!!!
    By FittTitt in forum Bulking
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
  4. steroid bulking vs regular bulking
    By bbkhan87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
  5. Back in the Saddle, a little help please!!
    By nelson1919 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in