Blood Sugar?

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
Doc said steroids raise blood sugar. He was talking about the steroids you take when you get sick and need to fight infections and what not. Just wondering if its true about prohormones. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

Dante87

Awards
I know some that reduce levels, considering you have to eat carbs like a monster.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
wouldnt eating carbs raise blood sugar? im gonna be running a p mag cycle.

Dante87

Awards
Well your blood sugar gets lowered by the steroids, so you crave carbs. Also I don't know about P-mag.

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
he was probably talking about corticosteroids, which decrease insulin sensitivity.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure. If it raises blood sugar, well water is your main feasible option to lower, if it lowers blood sugar...keep orange juice on you all the time.

I sometimes get hypoglycemic, as in my bloods sugar out of nowhere will plumit. Not recently, mostly only happened a couple years ago when I first started lifting.

I had my blood sugar hit 32 before..yeah, 32 is under the "coma" level. Felt horrible, drank about half a gallon of OJ and felt great again.

Why do you ask, are you diabetic or suffer from such things as this?

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
well i just got checked for blood sugar and mine was alittle high for normal so they want me to keep a eye on it

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt run any cycles until you know whats up wth your blood sugar. it could be something simple, or something along the lines of dealing with diabetic possibilities. safety first man hold off until you know whats up!

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt run any cycles until you know whats up wth your blood sugar. it could be something simple, or something along the lines of dealing with diabetic possibilities. safety first man hold off until you know whats up!
this is very good advice. its most likely nothing but best to make sure of this before you mess with any gear. good luck bro.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
i hope its not along the lines of diabetes! if it is then i cant run any cycles?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i hope its not along the lines of diabetes! if it is then i cant run any cycles?
not true. some big time lifters "like Wolf" hve it, and they can ctually use injecting insulin to their advantage. you just have to be very strict.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
not true. some big time lifters "like Wolf" hve it, and they can ctually use injecting insulin to their advantage. you just have to be very strict.
Not every diabetic has to shoot insulin though.
Older bud of mine got on gear and he is type II I think, the one where you dont need to inject insulin.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
but dont you have to watch ur diet real close and everything? even though you should be while on gear anyways

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
but dont you have to watch ur diet real close and everything? even though you should be while on gear anyways
dont stress it brother. people with diabetes dont always take slin, people without diabetes sometimes take slin. we all gotta be careful and follow diets. its just about knowing what our bodies need before we do anything to drastically change it or introduce foreign compounds do our bodies.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
i think hes gonna want to put me on insulin...he said something about long acting insulin where it works through the whole day? i think its called lantus? he said it would only be a really low dosage like 10 units maybe lower.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i think hes gonna want to put me on insulin...he said something about long acting insulin where it works through the whole day? i think its called lantus? he said it would only be a really low dosage like 10 units maybe lower.
Even many insulin users could completly control it with diet...

THAT being said, those diets are not "productive" to body building.

If you do use slin, dont look at it as a disadvantage, abuse it a lil ;)

But remember, if you start taking it, it kinda finishes off your natural production after some time...so its a one way trip.

Avoid it if possible, if not...use it to your advantage

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
do you know someone i can talk to about using it to my advantage in AM? for more detailed questions like when to take and what not?

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
And im new to the whole insulin stuff. i wasnt even aware of having high blood sugar till yesterday so it took me by surprise. how can insulin be used to my advantage? what does it have to offer for body building. i know it helps store and build muscle and all this confusing stuff. sorry ive been researching for the past few days and alittle overwhelmed cause it just snuck up on me!

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And im new to the whole insulin stuff. i wasnt even aware of having high blood sugar till yesterday so it took me by surprise. how can insulin be used to my advantage? what does it have to offer for body building. i know it helps store and build muscle and all this confusing stuff. sorry ive been researching for the past few days and alittle overwhelmed cause it just snuck up on me!
taking more insulin than needed helps rush carbs and nutrients to your muscles helping you endure longer more intense workouts and have quicker recovery. insulin is more anabolic than any aas. take it with the right amount of carbs and you can blow up, especially with hgh. take it with too many carbs and you get fat... fast.

i am not diabetic at all... and am currently taking 16iu's daily, split over two doses. am and post wo.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
taking more insulin than needed helps rush carbs and nutrients to your muscles helping you endure longer more intense workouts and have quicker recovery. insulin is more anabolic than any aas. take it with the right amount of carbs and you can blow up, especially with hgh. take it with too many carbs and you get fat... fast.

i am not diabetic at all... and am currently taking 16iu's daily, split over two doses. am and post wo.
Some people in my family have diabetes, so I wont use Slin. I have played with such things as Anabolic Pump and the sorts, but man I have to cram down about 50gs of carbs or else I feel like I will pass out from going hypo when I use those. Then again, the results :fing02:

mindset101

Awards
  • Established

It seems like its risky? What kind of insulin are you taking?

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
Some people in my family have diabetes, so I wont use Slin. I have played with such things as Anabolic Pump and the sorts, but man I have to cram down about 50gs of carbs or else I feel like I will pass out from going hypo when I use those. Then again, the results :fing02:
Why wouldnt you use slin? Cause you family have diabetes and you are prone to get it through genetics? So, through research and having a plan of using slin for my advantage can cause better results then aas?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It seems like its risky? What kind of insulin are you taking?
if you are not careful it is risky. cause if you dont eat properly it can be fatal. but its just a matter of eating properly following the injection. roughly 10g fast acting carbs per iu immediately following, 5g per iu an hour later. 5g complex per iu 60-75 minutes after that. now during those meals you also iclude a ton of protein and creatine and nutrients and take advantage of the slin.
im taking humalin r.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why wouldnt you use slin? Cause you family have diabetes and you are prone to get it through genetics? So, through research and having a plan of using slin for my advantage can cause better results then aas?
Diabetes is partially genetic, diet, environment, etc. Just because someone in your family has it doesnt mean you will get it, but it means if you treat your body poorly you have a much higher risk. And you can mess up your insulin sensitivity if you start using it just to boost gains. Better than AAS? I duno, I am not an expert in the field of Slin, that is one field I dont like personally.

if you are not careful it is risky. cause if you dont eat properly it can be fatal. but its just a matter of eating properly following the injection. roughly 10g fast acting carbs per iu immediately following, 5g per iu an hour later. 5g complex per iu 60-75 minutes after that. now during those meals you also iclude a ton of protein and creatine and nutrients and take advantage of the slin.
im taking humalin r.
^-sounds legit.

What risks are you running at messing up your insulin sensitivity?

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diabetes is partially genetic, diet, environment, etc. Just because someone in your family has it doesnt mean you will get it, but it means if you treat your body poorly you have a much higher risk. And you can mess up your insulin sensitivity if you start using it just to boost gains. Better than AAS? I duno, I am not an expert in the field of Slin, that is one field I dont like personally.

^-sounds legit.

What risks are you running at messing up your insulin sensitivity?
some people say you can become an insulin dependent diabetic but there is really no evidence to back this, its more just a theory. i personally do not go longer than 4 wks on 4 wks off and take it together with aas... they work together extremely well. im currently logging my cycle... the link in my sig.