Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
what are the signs of bad cholesterol?

MarkG

Awards
blood pressure always a good indicator.

not sure if just the LDL effects that or if the HDL does to, High LDL makes ur arteries clogg up hence more pressure, HDL gets rid of the LDL.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont know the signs besides getting a blood test done.

for you my friend, i'd def look at getting some toco-8 from pp though, esp d/t the cycle you're on.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i work at a sup store (cant disclose which one) but i get my perks :) i bought a few good things for cholesterol. guess what mine was after my dbol cycle? for 8 weeks. good cholesterol was 81 and bad was around 23ish if i am correct. not too sure about the bad one but it was extremely low.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i was just thinkin of ^ my dose on cycle and was curiosu how i can tell with lipids since SD dirty boxes ur lipids hardcore

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
how muc fishoil u guys recommend for lipid?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my girl sent me an article from the ny times about how adding in some nuts can aid in good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol, this might be well known, but i didn't seem to remember that when i read the article, i don't know exactly how effective that can be, but worth a try if u don't eat nuts or minimal amounts when u do

Tyler3295

Awards
my girl sent me an article from the ny times about how adding in some nuts can aid in good cholesterol and decrease bad cholesterol, this might be well known, but i didn't seem to remember that when i read the article, i don't know exactly how effective that can be, but worth a try if u don't eat nuts or minimal amounts when u do
Mono-unsaturated fats. ;)

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Most orals kill HDL's.

Jasen, What supps are you using to get HDL's at the 81 mark. please do tell.

Copy and paste>>>

Here are some tips to raise HDL, which is probably the most important thing to do in our sport.

We achieve greater control over heart disease risk by adhering to this formula, relying on as little medication as possible.

The question to consider here is: How can you achieve HDL of 60 mg/dl or greater?

First of all, many clinical studies suggest that HDL of 60 mg/dl is associated with dramatic reduction in rate of heart attack. Several studies suggest that higher levels of HDL are associated with less carotid and coronary atherosclerotic plaque. HDL particles are also protective against infections and even cancer, and are a major player in the body's fight against inflammatory patterns. In other words, HDL has clearly established itself as a blood particle that provides powerful protective functions.

Sadly, many of my colleagues are unaware of these simple yet effective methods for increasing HDL, often dramatically. With efforts like these, it is not uncommon to see 20, 30, even 40 mg/dl upwards jumps in HDL to reach levels of 50, 60, 70, even 80 mg/dl. The majority of these strategies can be followed on your own.

HDL can be raised by:

• Keeping triglycerides at a low level─Triglycerides modify HDL structure and hasten their elimination from the blood. (See last blog post on reducing triglycerides to 60 mg/dl.) Thus, keeping triglycerides low allows HDL to rise to healthier levels. Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil are crucial for this effect.
• Reduction or elimination of foods that reduce HDL─Hydrogenated fats ("trans" fats) should be eliminated, since they reduce HDL (as well as increasing LDL and blood pressure, and have been associated with cancer). Hydrogenated fats are found in many margarines and processed foods. Because low-fat diets reduce HDL (and raise triglycerides), I advocate a diet approach that involves the elimination of foods made with wheat or cornstarch, as well as reduction or elimination of junk foods. This can skyrocket HDL enormously over time.
• Red wine─Although all alcoholic beverages raise HDL, red wine confers additional benefits, such as reduction in blood sugar and blood pressure, provided no more than 2 glasses per day are consumed.
• Dark Chocolate─Preferably 70% cocoa or greater. We ask our patients to not exceed 40 grams, or approximately 2 inches square, per day.
• Green tea─Brewed only, never instant or pre-mixed bottles. Several cups per day are required for its full effect.
• Vitamin D─Restoration of vitamin D levels to normal can yield increases in HDL of 10, 20, even 30 mg/dl, though it may require up to a year for the full effect to show.
• Exercise─The magnitude of increase in HDL depends to a great degree on your starting level. People who begin from a sedentary lifestyle can expect 10 mg/dl increase or more; people who begin with mild-moderate activity can expect less.

If the above fail to raise HDL to our desired target (but be patient!), then niacin is worth considering. For raising HDL, I find that a dose of 1000 mg per day yields maximal effect. (I use the non-prescription preparation, Sloniacin, made by Upsher Smith, exclusively. It has a proven track record of safety and is widely available in the vitamin aisle of drugstores and some department stores. I advise patients to begin with 500 mg at dinner for four weeks, then increase to 1000 mg.) Work with your doctor with niacin, but generous hydration (e.g., 2 big glasses of water) helps turn off the hot flush common with niacin.

Using the above approach in our program, HDLs of 60, 70, 80 mg/dl and higher are commonplace.

n87

Awards
  • Established
x2 on Niacin. Dropped my LDL and brought HDL up like nothing else OTC.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Most orals kill HDL's.

Jasen, What supps are you using to get HDL's at the 81 mark. please do tell.

Copy and paste>>>

Here are some tips to raise HDL, which is probably the most important thing to do in our sport.

We achieve greater control over heart disease risk by adhering to this formula, relying on as little medication as possible.

The question to consider here is: How can you achieve HDL of 60 mg/dl or greater?

First of all, many clinical studies suggest that HDL of 60 mg/dl is associated with dramatic reduction in rate of heart attack. Several studies suggest that higher levels of HDL are associated with less carotid and coronary atherosclerotic plaque. HDL particles are also protective against infections and even cancer, and are a major player in the body's fight against inflammatory patterns. In other words, HDL has clearly established itself as a blood particle that provides powerful protective functions.

Sadly, many of my colleagues are unaware of these simple yet effective methods for increasing HDL, often dramatically. With efforts like these, it is not uncommon to see 20, 30, even 40 mg/dl upwards jumps in HDL to reach levels of 50, 60, 70, even 80 mg/dl. The majority of these strategies can be followed on your own.

HDL can be raised by:

• Keeping triglycerides at a low level─Triglycerides modify HDL structure and hasten their elimination from the blood. (See last blog post on reducing triglycerides to 60 mg/dl.) Thus, keeping triglycerides low allows HDL to rise to healthier levels. Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil are crucial for this effect.
• Reduction or elimination of foods that reduce HDL─Hydrogenated fats ("trans" fats) should be eliminated, since they reduce HDL (as well as increasing LDL and blood pressure, and have been associated with cancer). Hydrogenated fats are found in many margarines and processed foods. Because low-fat diets reduce HDL (and raise triglycerides), I advocate a diet approach that involves the elimination of foods made with wheat or cornstarch, as well as reduction or elimination of junk foods. This can skyrocket HDL enormously over time.
• Red wine─Although all alcoholic beverages raise HDL, red wine confers additional benefits, such as reduction in blood sugar and blood pressure, provided no more than 2 glasses per day are consumed.
• Dark Chocolate─Preferably 70% cocoa or greater. We ask our patients to not exceed 40 grams, or approximately 2 inches square, per day.
• Green tea─Brewed only, never instant or pre-mixed bottles. Several cups per day are required for its full effect.
• Vitamin D─Restoration of vitamin D levels to normal can yield increases in HDL of 10, 20, even 30 mg/dl, though it may require up to a year for the full effect to show.
• Exercise─The magnitude of increase in HDL depends to a great degree on your starting level. People who begin from a sedentary lifestyle can expect 10 mg/dl increase or more; people who begin with mild-moderate activity can expect less.

If the above fail to raise HDL to our desired target (but be patient!), then niacin is worth considering. For raising HDL, I find that a dose of 1000 mg per day yields maximal effect. (I use the non-prescription preparation, Sloniacin, made by Upsher Smith, exclusively. It has a proven track record of safety and is widely available in the vitamin aisle of drugstores and some department stores. I advise patients to begin with 500 mg at dinner for four weeks, then increase to 1000 mg.) Work with your doctor with niacin, but generous hydration (e.g., 2 big glasses of water) helps turn off the hot flush common with niacin.

Using the above approach in our program, HDLs of 60, 70, 80 mg/dl and higher are commonplace.
honestly i think it's just genetics. i eat healthy WATCH EVERYTHING i take in. no bad fats etc etc nothing out of the ordinary. but whats shocking is that the test was taken shortly after a long dbol cycle very shortly after. and i used NOTHING for cholesterol while on cycle or ever. this is my first time ever using something for cholesterol on cycle since im stacking SD and anadrol and thinking of raising SD to 40mg since no literally i feel no sides and all is doing GREAT. urine looks and smells good, mouth gums good color. eyes good color no broken vessels in eyes. skin is good stool is good dark color etc etc. everything seems good so far. honestly i would love to help u guys with how its so high but i think its just genetics.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
also milk thistle really helped as well my liver values were perfect. not too much affected.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
honestly i think it's just genetics. i eat healthy WATCH EVERYTHING i take in. no bad fats etc etc nothing out of the ordinary. but whats shocking is that the test was taken shortly after a long dbol cycle very shortly after. and i used NOTHING for cholesterol while on cycle or ever. this is my first time ever using something for cholesterol on cycle since im stacking SD and anadrol and thinking of raising SD to 40mg since no literally i feel no sides and all is doing GREAT. urine looks and smells good, mouth gums good color. eyes good color no broken vessels in eyes. skin is good stool is good dark color etc etc. everything seems good so far. honestly i would love to help u guys with how its so high but i think its just genetics.
bastard.........

j/k......lulz

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
LMFAO HARD X10 bastard?! LMAO yeah dude i wish i could help u guys god hdl is xtremely important. basically i just stay away from all bad fats literally. cook with olive oil, anything with bad fats or sats i usually dont eat. so basically low fats and only healthy fats.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
CLA - 6000MG
GLUCOSAMINE/ CHONDROITIN - 2000MG / 1600MG
VITAMIN B5 (PANTOTHENIC ACID) - 500MG (5000%)
CHROMIUM PICOLINATE W/ ZINC - 800MCG (667%) / 15MG (100%)
VITAMIN A - 40,000 IU (800%)
VITAMIN D - 20,000 IU (5000%)
VITAMIN B6 - 200MG (10,000%)
CHOLINE - 250MG
VITAMIN E - 2000 IU (6666%)
VITAMIN B12 - 10000 MCG (166,666%)
COQ-10 - 200MG
TOTAL OMEGA 3-6-9 - 3000MG
CHOLESTEROL FORMULA -
PHYTOSTEROLS (800MG) / EPA (180MG) / DHA (120MG) / POLICOSANOL (10MG)
HAWTHORN BERRIES - 565MG
RED YEAST RICE - 1800MG

these are all my support supps on my current cycle as well as on top of a multi vitamin from gnc. all these are the combined dose, i split them up 2x a day dosing wise.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/154120-interactions-stacking-superdrol-2.html

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
maybe i will add in some niacin....