Can PH go bad?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have 2 bottles of cel mdrol with me....I opened one of them but didnt use it for various reasons....opened it about a month ago exp. date isnt until jan 2012....I know these things are chemical but will this go bad?

mball52

Awards
  • Established
it can lose potency over time if stored improperly

Eric160

Awards
  • Established
i have the same question a month or two really isnt a big deal though is it

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
no a few months wont matter. What they do is they make like a kilogram of the stuff, test to make sure its 99% pure, then they leave it in a warehouse for a year, test it again. If its still 99% pure they certify that it wont expire for 1 year. You see? This doesnt mean it isnt still good 2 years later, just means they didnt test it that long or that its less than 99% pure. So.... no they cants really "go bad" the way that food spoils.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didnt think they could go bad- the things are all chemical, thus I don't think they can spoil

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I didnt think they could go bad- the things are all chemical, thus I don't think they can spoil
Everything is chemical though - even biological thngs are built from atoms. Molecules can self degrade and sometimes they can convert from a beneficial or innocuous molecule to a hazardous one. With synthetic PHs, you will see little degradation with time and those accrued impurities will be innocuous.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
If stored incorrect it will go bad quickly. If its sealed and vacuumed sealed in a fridge i've heard it'll stay good longer.