whats good for tendonitis/inflamation?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.87%

whats good for tendonitis/inflamation?

doc treated me with tendonitis on my shoulder. would anyone advise the use of any steroids?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.16%

Heard deca could help. However, from my experience, the only things that really solve the problem are rest and time, of course. By the way, I sent you a PM a while ago.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

NO... especially at age 20!
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.82%

The only steroid you need is a catabolic such as Decadron or Celestone. It is injected straight into the tendon. It will not cure it but help to reduce the inflamation in it.

Did your MD put you on any anti inflamatories? if not you need to be taking 2-3 Aleve twice a day or 600-800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I am having the same thing except in my elbow. Doc put me fenoprofen and I have to say it is by far the best anti inflammatory I have ever had. You need a prescription but that shouldn't be a problem. This stuff works better then the methyl prednosone (spell?) ever did. It is also much, much easier on your stomach then noproxen or ibuprofen.

BTW, Sense you not lifting or shouldn't be consider it a great time to start cutting. I'm down 2 pounds. Not the way I wanted to end the cycle though.
  6. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

My shoulder is F'd up right now. The one I had surgery on a year ago is great, now the other one is going down the tubes. Vioxx works wonders for pain and inflamation. But the only thing that'll really help it in the long run is rest, or you'll probably be needing surgery not too far down the road if you go to the gym all pumped up on steroids and anti-inflammatory's. Take it from me bro, rotator cuff surgery is no fun. You're looking at 6 months rehab before you can go nuts in the gym. Take some time off and concentrate on other areas of your body like arms, abs, and legs. Do some rotator cuff strengthening exercises like front and side lateral raises, internal and external rotations with the cables, nothing too heavy and use a range of motion that allows for no pain. If it hurts then don't do it. It's hard as hell to stop doing a lot of exercises (bench, military press, ect.) for an extended period of time, I'm struggling with trying to take it easy myself right now. Be patient and good luck.
  7. PC1

If it's truly tendonitis, the best Rx is rest, followed by very slow light exercises with emphasis on the NEGATIVE motion of the rep. Slowly, over the course of a month or two, progress upwards in weight until you're back to your normal weight and can lift as you otherwise would.

There's something about doing negatives that helps to heal tendon injuries.

But the key is to rest first, and begin doing light weight. And slowly progress upwards as you heal.

Good luck
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.11%

If you haven't tried it yet I would also recommend 1000mg of MSM twice a day. I was have alot of problems with tennis elbow after my last cycle. After taking two weeks off followed by a month with lighter weights and MSM my elbow was fine. For tendon/joint problems this stuff is great.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

The rotator cuff strengthening excercises are key. After every workout, ice down the affected area for 20 minutes. Also apply ice 20 minutes before bed time.

Tendonitis is a bitch because - you still have to get blood flowing into the area in order for it to heal, and at the same time you have to reduce swelling to suppress the inflammation. Light strengthening movements and a strict ice-down regimen help accomplish this.

My shoulders were popping and clicking like mad, I got the above advice from a friend's physical therapy textbook. Im nearly back to 100% - almost 6 months later.

Im a firm believer in 5-10 minutes of medium intensity cardio before every work out, too. This helps get the blood moving to areas where blood flow is restricted (like the shoulders). Following this with a good warmup/stretching routine should help prevent a lot of over-use related injuries.

BigV
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.35%

Cool

All the advice above are great! i couldn't have said it better myself. i do want to add that you need regular cross friction therapy or myofascial stripping of the area to prevent scar tissue/adhesions build-up post injury. Also, ultrasound therapy to deep heat and to break-up adhesions. And if you're having shoulder instability, you need your shoulder+scapula adjusted by a competent Chiropractor.
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.98%

lancelot is definately right. My brother had worse symptoms than mine, he was diagnosed with impingement syndrome in both shoulders. His chiropractor (who is a pro-level power lifter as well) applied ART therapy and over 8 weeks he is nearly as good as new.

The scar tissue is what gets you - micro-tears in the tendon that build up with scar tissue over time until you're dealing with severe inflammation and impingement. Im going to see my bro's doc eventuallly - just to make sure everything is healing properly.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.55%

Talk to your Doc about physical therapy (a therapist will insure you are making your movements exactly right), specifically ask about using electric current or sonic devices with transdermal cortisone. This method is not invasive or damaging. When cortisone is injected it can damage the connective tissue that you are trying to heal, so you have to recover from the shot before you can do the physical therapy to rehab it. I was cured of tendonitis in my elbow in four weeks, I had suffered with it for over 15 years off and on.

Similar Forum Threads

1. supplement for tendon inflamation?
    By amarula in forum Supplements
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 05:14 PM
  2. whats good for lowering Heart rate?
    By TulsaTalons in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 05:00 PM
  3. whats good for stretch marks??
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11