Test flu? damn, tryin to figure this out

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
Last week I admin'd a shot in my left glute and started running a fever the next day. Real sore throat, etc. I had never heard of test flu so I figured I caught a cold. I had some serious sweats and its gone away since, definitely effected my lifting though. Strength went down, such a bummer. A few days after the shot, I have a golf ball size lump in the shot area now thats real sensitive, hurts pretty bad.

after reading logs online, etc, I decided to give it some time before seeing a doc. I dont have a fever anymore, still have a sore throat, strengths coming back but damn my glute hurts! Its not red, just a little swollen.

Is it infected? What should I do here guys?

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
Need more info. What did you inject and how much? First shot of the cycle? First shot ever?

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
Im in week 5 of a straight Test E cycle, 500 mgs/wk

Ive done all my other shots and they went great. I was taught by a pro so I know how to draw and clean the area, etc. I didnt aspirate on the shot though. Maybe I peirced a vein?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established

Ive done all my other shots and they went great. I was taught by a pro so I know how to draw and clean the area, etc. I didnt aspirate on the shot though. Maybe I peirced a vein?
If you hit a vein you would have just coughed your lungs out for a few minutes almost immediately. It was probably just a test flu. If the site isn't warm and red, you should be fine in a few days.

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
thanks Gator, I hope so. I think I may have injected to fast too. Im going to warm the amp up in my hand for 10-15 mins before my shot and do it slow next time.

Any other opinions? I just want this lump to go away!

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
thanks Gator, I hope so. I think I may have injected to fast too. Im going to warm the amp up in my hand for 10-15 mins before my shot and do it slow next time.
Run it under hot water to warm it. Don't worry, even boiling water won't damage it.

eddieshore

Awards
Are u confident in the source of your gear?
Sounds similar to a situation I had with crashed gear. Had to set up a double boiler prior to each shot. Dumped the vial in the hot water for a couple of minutes, definitely helped.

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established

Are you rotating injection sites?

Is the area still swollen? Is the area really hot, fever like?

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
Eddie - I'm pretty confident about it. Its an online source but multiple friends are using it and it clearly works. Strengths up quite a bit too. Body weights +5 lbs in week 5. If I didnt get the flu, Id be +7-8lbs. Next time im using hot water. I clentched it in my hand for 15 mins and warmed it up, seemed to help a little.

unc - Ive been rotating glutes.. Im def doing quards thurs and next week. My glutes are beat. And the spot does seem slightly warm. Its not red, just swollen, and insanely painful. And I have a high threshold for pain