I hope you guys read this...

TestEinstein

Awards
I'm not the guy to throw random stuff out there but I felt this might be helpful to someone and if it is then it's worth it. After having started using for the first time (test with some EQ) I started to do a lot of stupid things involving alcohol...To be frank I had a problem before and it took off. It was bodybuilding that gave me something to fight for. Pumping iron was a tool for me to fight through what I was going through and I'm a better person for it. The fact is the 'buddies from the bar' pay less attention to my weel being than 'los vetranos' on here. I'd really urge anyone who thinks they may be going down a rough path to speak to someone about it. I took pride in ignoring what was going on, almost as if that made me a tough guy, but the fact is we all benefit most from talking and finding a way to focus our energies which is constructive, not damaging. I apologize if you feel this is an inappropriate topic to post here, but if it helps anyone at all, it's worth it.
TE

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
not trying to be a d!ck at all, but it seems like u dropped one drug and replaced it with another.

this would be MORE constructive post if say u were and alcoholic who quit and decided bodybuildong naturally was the better, more product, lifestyle.

just my opinion

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
Iron>Alcohol

Been off the sauce for almost 3 years myself, and going on 7 (wow has it been that long already?!) off drugs.

Stick with the iron, there's no better way to channel life's turmoil. It keeps you disciplined, focused, and above all, clean.

TestEinstein

Awards
I hear you guys. I never really viewed AAS as being a drug in the same way as I would view alcohol as a drug simply because the psychological effect is so much smaller with steroids (and if you've ever seen anyone deal with DTs you know what I mean. But I understand what you're getting at with regard to "changing seats on the titanic' as they call it at AA. But that really is a phrase reserved more for drugs of physical addiction. Anyways the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of people may need some help at some point in time, so I hope theyre not afraid to ask.