Taking a break during PCT - AnabolicMinds.com

Taking a break during PCT

1. New Member

Taking a break during PCT

I usually take a 5-6 day break from training approximately twice a year. Currently I'm near the end of week 3 of PCT following 4 week M1t/4ad cycle. Don't feel fully recovered yet.
    What's everyone's opinion on taking a break from lifting at this time. Would it affect test recovery or retention of gains?
    Thanks

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

I would think that it affects recovery at least some, since weight training tends to increase test production.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

you only take 5-6 days off 2x yearly?? For christ's sake man take some time off, IMO this is not enough time off.
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vladimirb68
    I usually take a 5-6 day break from training approximately twice a year. Currently I'm near the end of week 3 of PCT following 4 week M1t/4ad cycle. Don't feel fully recovered yet.
    What's everyone's opinion on taking a break from lifting at this time. Would it affect test recovery or retention of gains?
    Thanks
    I've been wondering the same thing, it may just be the M1T talking, but I feel like I could use a break relatively soon. Problem is given the two more weeks of my cycle and 4 weeks PCT it won't be for 6 weeks unless it's during PCT.

I'm leaning towards the greater wisdom being listen to your body and if it needs a break take it regardless of PCT... then again I could just be flat wrong.

cm5
  5. New Member

jweave- i train 4-5 days a week. Once a month or so I take a weekend off.

as far as feeling like you need a break i always get that way during PCT because natural test is low and training just isn't much fun with reduced intensity and no gains. Is it a good idea or is it better to wait until full recovery? Any personal experiences.
  6. New Member

That's not really a break. Taking two weeks instead of two days, now that would be a break.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by phatbody
    That's not really a break. Taking two weeks instead of two days, now that would be a break.
    I agree. What is the big deal (not to pick on you vladimirb68, just a general gripe) with taking a week or so off? IMHO this can lead to overtraining quickly and just not give the person the kind of gains they are looking for. We train to break down the muscle (and spur growth), not annihilate it
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    I agree. What is the big deal (not to pick on you vladimirb68, just a general gripe) with taking a week or so off? IMHO this can lead to overtraining quickly and just not give the person the kind of gains they are looking for. We train to break down the muscle (and spur growth), not annihilate it

Agreed. Its my SOP to take the first 7-14 days off after a really suppressive cycle like M1T. My logic is that you have virtually no ability to rebuild muscles after a workout without a proper test level in action...so why bother tearing down what can't be rebuilt. When you start working out go back into it slowly, like 1-2 day per week for a couple weeks then you can hammer it.

Now the time off kinda sucks. No test, mopey, depressed, no endorphins fix from workout BUT so far I keep most of my gains.

Sounds like a 2 week off time would do you a world of good. You'll come back stronger.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Agreed. Its my SOP to take the first 7-14 days off after a really suppressive cycle like M1T. My logic is that you have virtually no ability to rebuild muscles after a workout without a proper test level in action...so why bother tearing down what can't be rebuilt. When you start working out go back into it slowly, like 1-2 day per week for a couple weeks then you can hammer it.

Now the time off kinda sucks. No test, mopey, depressed, no endorphins fix from workout BUT so far I keep most of my gains.

Sounds like a 2 week off time would do you a world of good. You'll come back stronger.
    That is the dumbest thing I've read here. No, you shouldn't go balls out during pct, but not lifting at all is foolish. During pct, you should up your calories and decrease training somewhat. See how fast you lose your gains when you don't train post cycle.
  10. Banned

Every eight weeks of training I take one week off.
  11. New Member

Cool

I'm gonna try overreaching with my next cycle. I'm gonna do 2 weeks m4ad, I'll train my whole body 4-5 times in that time, hit style. Then take a 2 week break and The execess volume from the overreaching will keep me growing. Or so I hope.

Heard some good things about overreaching, one of my friends reccomended it.

Either way I have no choice on the break, since I'm goin on holiday for 2 weeks.
  12. PC1

I've taken 1 week off after completing 2 weeks of standard PCT training during my last 2 cycles, it's worked well for me. I felt the same way, tired, having difficulty maintaining the right mental focus on training, diet, etc.

Psychologically it's tough during that week off though. I saw myself deflating and got a little paranoid about it. But when I resumed the following week (week 4) , most of my strength was still there. By week 5 I was feeling really good and getting a nice natural pump, and overall, felt like I was on an upswing rather than a down swing. I also highly recommend 7-keto dhea as well during pct to help reduce cortisol (thank you Bobo)

Like everything else, our own personal mileage varies. But if your mind and body are telling you to take a week off, listen to it. If you feel good continuing to train, then keep going.

Good luck
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by E-Swift
    That is the dumbest thing I've read here. No, you shouldn't go balls out during pct, but not lifting at all is foolish. During pct, you should up your calories and decrease training somewhat. See how fast you lose your gains when you don't train post cycle.

It's not dumb if it works which it has for me quite well. There is no set-in-stone PCT training methodology.

Muscles don't evaporate in 7-14 days if calories are kepts high. Breaks of that duration are often recommended especially if you have gone HIT during cycle. The CNS, joints and tendons need a break from intense lifting at fairly regular intervals to avoid over training.

I take at least a week off every other month AT LEAST!! IMO, thats part of my training regimen as well.

During PCT, I use IA's miraculous 9-day split....just the right amount of stimulation I need to get the job done, and at the same time not burning my new muscle up. And sometimes I DO take a whole week or so off during PCT if I'm feeling really ****ty, and simply know that my body isn't in any condition to go through that amount of stress, its only common sense if you really think about it...

With that above, 7-oxo, upped cals. and a little bit of daily clen, it is the perfect PCT protocol for myself....others will have to see what works best fro them..
  15. New Member

Jergo,whats that 9 day split look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett
    Jergo,whats that 9 day split look like?
    It's basically summed up in this thread.....if you have any questions, feel free to PM me...

IA's 9-day split results....
  17. New Member

appreciate it Jergo.I'm gonna try it out when I start pct.
  18. New Member

I took a week off when I was on PCT. I was so shutdown from m1t it was ridiculous. The weeks before and after I just did very light workouts (10 reps, 15 reps) I usually go for high intensity and very low reps. Lots of singles thrown in here and there. I ended up keeping almost all of my gains, ended up losing like 2 reps on my bench press.. I surpassed that training w/o androgens anyways. So, take this for what it's worth.
  19. CDB

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    It's basically summed up in this thread.....if you have any questions, feel free to PM me...

IA's 9-day split results....
    Thanks as well from me. I've been looking for something new to try and that seems interesting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Taking Ostarine during PCT
    By JayRock in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:18 AM
  2. best way to take reduceXT during pct?
    By Xpballer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:01 AM
  3. taking furazadrol/epistane during your PCT
    By stayfit2008 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM
  4. Taking Novedex XT now, during pct, or after pct?
    By ereed in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 12:19 PM
  5. not sure what weeks to take active xtreme or 6-oxo during PCT
    By ryaroberts in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 09:15 PM