how to get gyno surgery covered by insurance?

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
Ive had pubertal, (not steroid related) gyno for about 12 years now, and now that i have learned alot about gyno on this website i am selfcousious about it and sick of it. i have a pretty bad case myself, noticable thru some shirts i wear but most people think its "a broad chest" when its actually gyno on a very thickly developed chest for my body size. But with my shirt off you can clearly see it, my nipples are large and puffy and i have large lumps underneath them. Someone asked me the other day if i got bitch tits from taking roids, because i have a very in shape body now that i didn't used to have and well the gyno just sticks out there more, when really ive had it all along.

Anywho i just wana know if any guys on here have had any luck getting gyno surgery covered by insurance (or at least some of it.) is there anything i can tell him to get him to prescribe the surgery to where my insurance covers it? i though about saying they hurt really bad (which they do sometimes) and it needs to be fixed. any help out there?

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
More than likely insurance will deny it as a cosmetic procedure. If you complain about pain, they will likely just treat the pain.

The only way I can see you getting it covered is if you see a psychiatrist or some sort of therapist showing that the gynecomastia has caused not only physical discomfort, but emotional/psychiatric issues.

Find a doctor you trust and talk to them about it. More than likely, if they have been able to get an insurance company to cover this in the past, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

P

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
Just have to find a doc willing to deal with ur insurance co.. Ive had surgery twice now. Once out of pocket and it was from both puberty and juice.. Next time found a great primary who fought with my

P

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
insurance co. and after months of back and forth got it covered. Make sure u have plastics remove it and not some general surgeon! Psrsonally i would paid again if insurance hadnt of.. Result is worth

P

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
it in my opinion for the couple grand u drop. Put it on a credit card.. No one is going to repo ur gyno surgery man!!!

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
Well cant it be considered a cyst like a growth?