Clomid vs. Nolva question.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
From all of the research I have done on PCT on this board it seems like the majority of the people on this board favor nolva for PCT. My question is wouldn't clomid be better for PCT since it actually stimulates the production of natural test. From what I've learned nolva only blocks estrogen receptor sites, (which is why it's far superior in regards to controlling estrogen related sides) and doesn't actually stimulate natty test. But isn't getting your natty test just as important as blocking estro sides. I'm just curious b/c I see a lot of people saying that nolva is the best thing for post cycle, and many times the only thing you will need.

Also curious for someone that has had gyno surgery. Wouldn't it be a waste to use nolva, or are there other receptor sites we must worry about.

Just wondering b/c it seems like this board is advocating a nolva only PCT. Thanks for any feedback.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Also curious for someone that has had gyno surgery. Wouldn't it be a waste to use nolva, or are there other receptor sites we must worry about.
no, as CC stated you have the wrong idea about what nolvadex is and does. True you don't really it for gyno once you had the surgery (not always though, the gland they remove is the main problem, as I understand other problems can still arise) but nolvadex helps reduce estogen side afects without really cause more itself. one big one is your lipid profiles. Another thing is that nolva is often add to other anti e's to enhance them.

JohnnyB

Awards
Here's a study show nolva is better then clomid.

Hormonal effects of an antiestrogen, tamoxifen, in normal and oligospermic men.

Vermeulen A, Comhaire F.

The administration of tamoxifen, 20 mg/day for 10 days, to normal males produced a moderate increase in luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone, and estradiol levels, comparable to the effect of 150 mg of clomiphene citrate (Clomid). However, whereas Clomid produced a decrease in the LH response to LH-releasing hormone (LHRH), no such effect was seen after the administration of tamoxifen. In fact, prolonged treatment (6 weeks) with tamoxifen significantly increased the LH response to LHRL. Treatment of patients with "idiopathic" oligospermia for 6 to 9 months resulted in a significant increase in gonadotropin, testosterone, and estradiol levels. A significant increase in sperm density was observed only in subjects with oligospermia below 20 X 10(6)/ml and normal basal FSH levels. When basal FSH levels were increased or oligospermia was moderate (greater than 20 X 10(6)/ml); no effect on sperm density was seen. As sperm density increased, FSH levels decreased, suggesting an inhibin effect. Sperm motility was not improved by tamoxifen treatment. In five boys with delayed puberty, tamoxifen treatment appeared to activate the pituitary-gonadal axis and pubertal development.

JohnnyB