Anabolic Steroid Control Act approved - ban is one step closer

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't know how quickly this is going to move through Congress

"The bill, which would allow the Health and Human Services Secretary to recommend future supplement bans, now moves to Rules Committee before a possible House vote. "

(Quote from above news link)

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
In a way, this is good. The article certainly is. Notice that some committee members want to consider including DHEA in the list. This will also anger a large number of aging baby boomers, life extension enthusiasts, and other nutritionally oriented people. The more people this law affects adversely, the sooner the public will realize that addressing a "cheating in sports" issue by regulating the supplement industry is wrong. With more widespread negative publicity of government meddling in an industry they do not understand, in a vain attempt to address a problem this law cannot solve, the more likely it will be that this whole mess can be turned around.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Waxman sounds like a puppet for the pharmaceutical company...it seems apparent he has little to no knowledge and is just spearheading to ban everything, forcing the masses to resort to pharmaceuticals and doctors <because they truly know what's best for us and only have our best interests in mind...>

DobermanXXL

Awards
I was reading the paper earlier, there's also a new bill in California to randomly test high schools for anabolic steroid use... They were trying to get Arnold to talk about it but I don't think he commented on the subject

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was reading the paper earlier, there's also a new bill in California to randomly test high schools for anabolic steroid use... They were trying to get Arnold to talk about it but I don't think he commented on the subject
Sounds like a good idea although they should limit it to big boys and girls.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think thats good, those lil pukes shouldnt be juicin anyway

propho

Awards
  • Established
grrrr.. makes me mad.. why don't they just let us destroy our bodies if that's what they think we are doing.. i feel like i'm a baby and my mom or dad is telling me not to do something.. gimme a break!

azgymrat

Awards
Waxman sounds like a puppet for the pharmaceutical company...it seems apparent he has little to no knowledge and is just spearheading to ban everything, forcing the masses to resort to pharmaceuticals and doctors <because they truly know what's best for us and only have our best interests in mind...>
Don't jump on Waxman! He's doing it to protect us. Just look close at a picture of him. He knows first hand the dangers of these types of drugs. He has ruined his own life with thier use, Nobody grows nose hair like that with out taking drugs... wait, maybe it's... nobody could live with nose hairs like that without taking drugs!

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
we need to fax as many congressman as possible to SLOW this down.

ps24eva

Awards
it doesn't matter.

real gear is the way to go

and these "phs" will still be available, illegally though like other AAS

but it does hurt your business, that sux

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
it also raises mandatory min. for steroid possesion, which is terrible. so there is mor eto it other then just bad for buisness, I have plenty of ieas that I am just waiting to release.

HobbesAB

Board Supporter
Awards
it doesn't matter.

real gear is the way to go

and these "phs" will still be available, illegally though like other AAS

but it does hurt your business, that sux
There are some who want to try PHs but do not want to do so illegally. I plan on ordering some supps before the ban hits, and if my cycle goes as well as planned, then I would like to do it again. However, I will not stock up for several cycles since I have never even done a single cycle before - doesn't make much sense in my case. I plan to start in May and run a 4-week cycle to assess the risk/reward, tolerance, etc and move on from there. Hopefully, the ban won't hit until late Summer or Fall.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I hope they don't make it impossible to get Fina and Syno next in effort to "save the children"