Viral Infection (Sore Throat and General Body Weakness) Please Help

gotbench600

Awards
I posted this in another section as well in case it was in the wrog section -

Long Story Short- i have had a sore throat thelast 3-4 days so I went to the Doc and was told I have a viral infection which she cannot give me any meds and willt ake 7-10 days to go away. I am now experiencing general body ache and i feel weak. Yesterday I was doing pin press bench press lockouts in the power rack and could not budge 495. I had done 565 a week or so prior.

The problem- I have my first bench press meet in 6 years on April 18. Next wek is a deload week for me and then i have two weeks of hard training and then the week of the competition. What can i do to slow down this thing that is sapping me of strengh this week during my deload week so that I can come back and hopefully improve the two weeks before the meet. I'm taking Spawn and had bridged into that from a 3 week cycle of Mdrol. any advice on what I should be doing generally for my body and what I should be doing about the PH cycle while i'm ill.

Thanks

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Haha seriously??? First u need to stop lifting, your sick!!! Let ur body heal! It can not easily do this if u keep lifting. Second it might be time to stop ur cycle and get on pct. This is another stress that is not allowing your body to heal. After mdrol bridged to spawn ur levels are probably bad so your body is trying to recover here too. You may have to look at not competing if u feel u haven't been able to train like u should. I know it sucks but s*it happens.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I don't mean ur situation is funny by the hahaha... I find it comical that u can't answer this yourself. Sickness = no lifting!

gotbench600

Awards
FYI- I lifted on Monday with decent results. just a tickle in my throat at that pointn o signs of fatigue or weakness. I did not start feeling weak until Wednesday which I did not lift. I figured I would give it a try on Thursday to evaluate the whole situation. As you see Thursday went like **** so I pulled the pin early in the workout and went home. I stayed home today and will stay away from the gym until I feel better, hopefully by early next week. The point of my email was not that I needed somone to tell me to stay away from the gym but to see if anyone had any advice from a nutritional/supplement standpoint to minimize the effect this is having on my body so when I do get back in the gym I don;t have much, if any at all, progress to make up from where I was just a week ago.

I'm glad I gave you something to smile about though

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
A nutritional or supplement standpoint... Your are ready in anabolics. There's nothing else.