Please critique a first time PH user program

Oatmeal_King

Awards
First timer cycle template
34 Year Old Male
6'1"
165lbs / 9.5% bodyfat
Got MPB
Hardgainer - can't tolerate high volume well, best growth with high intensity, low volume
Proper training and nutrition techniques mastered

Three Mesocycles Planned:
2 weeks on / 4 weeks off (1T cycle)
2 weeks on / 4 weeks off (S1+ cycle if first goes okay)
2 week break at maintenance calories, 1st week: no training, 2nd week: low intensity 3 day split w/ 2 HIIT sessions
6-8 week cut (targeting 1 lb fat loss per week)
2 week break at maintenance calories, 1st week: no training, 2nd week: set 1RMs, rest
6 week HST (natural)
1 week break at maintenance calories, no training
6 week MAXOT (natural)
2 week break in time to get fat over the holidays

DRUGS
During Cycle:
-1T Transdermal via BSL Topical Carrier & 1test powder (6g per bottle=85mg per spray)
--Daily Dosage: 340mg (4 sprays)
--1/2 applied every twelve hours (170mg)
-Nolvadex
--Daily Dosage: 40mg daily if indicated
-DHT Abatement
--Spironolactone 5% Lotion 2x daily
--Xandrox5 topical 2x daily
--Emu-oil topical applied 2x daily
--Saw Palmetto - Prostate Support by NOW 2x daily

Post Cycle:
-Nolvadex
--Daily Dosage:
---40mg Week 1-2
---20mg Week 3-4
-NAC, ALA, Milk Thistle
-DHT Abatement
--Spironolactone 5% Lotion 2x daily
--Xandrox5 topical 2x daily
--Emu-oil topical applied 2x daily
--Saw Palmetto - Prostate Support by NOW 2x daily

NUTRITION
During Cycle:
-~20 Kcal/lbs of Bodyweight
--2.0g/LBM Protein
--25% Fats
--2.0g/LBM Carbs+
Post Cycle:
-~18 Kcal/lbs of Bodyweight
--1.25g/LBM Protein
--25% Fats
--2.0g/LBM Carbs+
I will be eating clean with the usual assortment of whey, red meat, eggs, cheese, oats, rice, yams, veggies, hemp/olive oil, etc.
Also supplementing with creatine, vitamins, electrolytes, some whey and casein powders, other stuff around workouts

TRAINING
During Cycle:
-German Volume Training
--Day 1: Legs & Abs - Full Squats (10), Prone Leg Curls (10), Abs(3), Calf(3)
--Day 2: Chest & Back - Decline DB Press(10), Barbell Bent Over Row(10), Incline Flye(3), Chin-Up(3)
--Day 3: rest
--Day 4: Arms & Delts - Bar Dips(10), Incline Hammer Curls(10), Rear Laterals(3), Incline Laterals(3)
--Day 5: rest
--repeat x2
*** OR ****
--Day 1: Legs & Abs - Full Squats (10), Prone Leg Curls (10), Abs(3), Calf(3)
--Day 2: Chest & Back - Decline DB Press(10), Barbell Bent Over Row(10), Incline Flye(3), Chin-Up(3)
--Day 3: Arms & Delts - Bar Dips(10), Incline Hammer Curls(10), Rear Laterals(3), Incline Laterals(3)
--Day 4: rest
--repeat x3-4
NOTES: This will be done almost exactly at the ubiquituos article by CP, except for a tweak to tempo. I will reduce the eccentric tempo to 2 seconds (from 4) as I have read this is appropriate during on cycle.
Post Cycle:
-3 day split - MWF - Low Volume / High Intensity, basically a strength/power program
--Basic Compound Exercises
--Probably 3x3 or 5x5 for squats, deads, and bench; 2-3x6-8 for smaller parts

QUESTIONS:
Are there other steps to be taken to try and mitigate hair loss?
Are there additional supplements that should be used?
I am considering doing a cut down to 5-6% bodyfat first, is this a good idea?
I have a variant of this program setup for stacked Nor-19 & 1,4 andro (or stacked Nor-19 & 4-AD). Perhaps the weaker compounds would be better for a beginner? Or is the Nor-19 basically useless?
Has anyone had a positive experience with 19-Nor?
Has anyone with MPB done a 1T cycle without noticable hair loss?
I have everything on hand already. Is there anything I am missing that needs to be addressed?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate anything anyone has to share.

Last edited:

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
You will not gain much with 2-week cycles of trandermals PHs. It will take 1-2 weeks to start seeing gains. 2 weeks is plenty to shut down your HPTA, and you will have very few gains to show for it. I suggest a minimum of 4 weeks, preferably 6 weeks followed by a regular PCT.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Agree with Long. At 2 weeks the PHs are just starting to work. The 2 on, 4 off cycling is more ideal for methylated PH since they work much faster. 4-6 weeks straight is the norm for 1Test. You'll probably have some lethargy with it unless you stack it with 4AD or 1,4 ADD.

Ive had great success with 19 Nor compounds. I think the main reason people shy away from them is that they drastically reduce one's libido.

I would advise against taking Proscar while on cycle. It is said to have adrogen blocking effects. Saw palmetto or beta sitasterol should be fine if you are worried about your prostate.

As far as MPB, I just accept it as a matter of course. PHs are simply speeding up the work of genetics. I could spend the bucks on hair loss products but I choose to use this budget for systemic supps.

All in all looks good, just remember to extend PCT if you choose to extend your cycle.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Like the others said, go with a 4-6 weeker for your cycle. The 2 on 2 off cycle is more for methylated substances such as M1T.

Best of luck on your cycle.

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Ok. Thanks for the input. I am contemplating things further right now.

I think it might be most prudent to plan to extend the cycle to four weeks if sides are bearable.

I am also starting to think, aromatization issues aside, it might be better to just do S1+ instead of 1T alone.

Bioman, do remember your specific gains with the 19 versus other compounds? Was that your first hormone, or had you used others?

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate the advice.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I would not reccomend 1-test w/o 4ad unless you are OK with having absolutely no libido for a several weeks.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If you are worried about your MPB, the Nizoral/Spiro/Minoxidil+Azelaic acid treatment works really well. At least it did for me. You would be wise to use the spironolactone if anything - it's the only known blocker of androgens(not just DHT) at the scalp, without systemic side effects.

BigV

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Yeah, I am concerned about MPB. That is actually the reason I started with the idea of a 2 week on period.

It seems most people do not realize supranormal gains until after two weeks, yet some people claim they do have gains in the first two weeks. I think I will make sure I am provisioned for up to 6 weeks on and then just pay attention to how my body reacts and make a determination when there are clear signs that the gains / sides ratio is getting more towards sides.

I am budgeting for some blood tests (could probably afford 3 sets) during the cycle to keep an eye on things. Unfortuantely, I am still researching which are the most appropriate tests to use.

I have Xandrox5 (minoxidil 5% + azelaic acid 5%) and Spironactolone 5% on the way from Regrowth. I am glad to hear that these are effective from an independent source. I plan on using the default dosage twice daily through both the on and off periods.

One thing that concerned me though is that I read minoxidil can cause an abrupt amount of shedding when first beginning use. I am not sure how I can tell the shedding derives from minoxidil rather than the androgens though. Maybe it doesn't matter as I am not sure I would stop the cycle over a small amount of thinning.

Thanks for the responses, folks! It really helps to get some real world feedback from experienced users.