M-drol and havoc 1st time log join me !!

Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

  1. About a cycle or a legal or was legal pro hormone.

  2. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by may19th2001 View Post
    About a cycle or a legal or was legal pro hormone.
    ok sorry i have no ideal what ur last post was about . just was kiinda fragmented . so if u can explain thanks
    •   
       

  3. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Day 20th of 31 days

    Barbell Bench Press (chest)
    warm-up=135 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=140
    1x9=145
    1x6=150 (4x, spent )
    1x4-5= n/a

    Barbell Row (Back)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45,95 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=100
    1x9=110
    1x6=115
    1x4-5=120 pounds

    Overhead Press Barbell (shoulders)
    warm-up (1 set)=95 pounds
    work-sets
    1x9=100
    1x6=110
    1x4-5=115 pounds (4x,spent )

    Dips (triceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=3x assisted at 34 pounds (odd day but listen to my body)
    1x12=
    1x8=

    E-z curl Barbell curl (biceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=60
    1x12=70
    1x8=80 pounds (1x, stay )

    Squats Barbell (quads)
    warm-up (2sets)=185 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=205
    1x9=185 (5x)
    1x6=
    1x4-5=

    Deadlifts Barbell (Hamstrings)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=135
    1x9=150
    1x6=170 pounds (2x, spent so no other done )
    1x4-5=

    Seated calf raises (calves)
    work-sets
    1x20=110
    1x15=120
    1x10=125 pounds (go up)


    odd workout today . was very blah and i started with high expectations but the body said no. so i listened to the body. and to me at least i made it into the gym. I know its early but due to the easter weekend (niece says so ...) no time in the gym. so going to spend it with her. but bodyweight is up to 179 pounds and 21 percent body fat. I dont think its all that bad considering going up in weight. But i for real am going to do the cardio next week 2x . i consider 21 percent too big even for a bulk . anyhow thanks all those that are following along !

  4. Quote Originally Posted by newbie2bb View Post
    Day 20th of 31 days

    Barbell Bench Press (chest)
    warm-up=135 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=140
    1x9=145
    1x6=150 (4x, spent )
    1x4-5= n/a

    Barbell Row (Back)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45,95 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=100
    1x9=110
    1x6=115
    1x4-5=120 pounds

    Overhead Press Barbell (shoulders)
    warm-up (1 set)=95 pounds
    work-sets
    1x9=100
    1x6=110
    1x4-5=115 pounds (4x,spent )

    Dips (triceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=3x assisted at 34 pounds (odd day but listen to my body)
    1x12=
    1x8=

    E-z curl Barbell curl (biceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=60
    1x12=70
    1x8=80 pounds (1x, stay )

    Squats Barbell (quads)
    warm-up (2sets)=185 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=205
    1x9=185 (5x)
    1x6=
    1x4-5=

    Deadlifts Barbell (Hamstrings)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=135
    1x9=150
    1x6=170 pounds (2x, spent so no other done )
    1x4-5=

    Seated calf raises (calves)
    work-sets
    1x20=110
    1x15=120
    1x10=125 pounds (go up)


    odd workout today . was very blah and i started with high expectations but the body said no. so i listened to the body. and to me at least i made it into the gym. I know its early but due to the easter weekend (niece says so ...) no time in the gym. so going to spend it with her. but bodyweight is up to 179 pounds and 21 percent body fat. I dont think its all that bad considering going up in weight. But i for real am going to do the cardio next week 2x . i consider 21 percent too big even for a bulk . anyhow thanks all those that are following along !
    dont forget some of that is gonna be water bloat
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  5. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    dont forget some of that is gonna be water bloat
    ah thanks totally forgot about that . i was gettin worried . i was like how can i be gettin bigger and the medium shirts are feeling like SMEDIUMS lol
    •   
       

  6. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    happy easter ! (click on picture )

  7. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    as a review this week its pretty basic

    Mood - very good . lethargic at times but i add coffee or green tea. or add some carbs.

    back pumps - none to say the least and i have been lifting pretty heavy . I also do 9g of fish oil and also taurine every day to combat this. prevention is the name of my game

    lifts. - going up even if just 2.5 pounds its still progress. i also am doing 4 full body work outs to up my intensity

    weight gain-- well i started at 166 pounds and now up to 178 pounds this am . has it all be muscle . no way . i am sitting at 20 percent fat so i am going to be adding in two days of cardio to kinda make body fat percentages go down. but also i will be lowering carbs as well .

    body comp- can see that shifrts are gettin tighter but also sitting at 20 percent fat so time to combat fat gain

    so here is to a new week . excited but also will be doing things a tad bit diffrent . always keeping it diffrent and mixing it up !!
  8. amtnz
    amtnz's Avatar

    clean up your diet bro
  9. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by amtnz View Post
    clean up your diet bro
    doing it . funny thing its all clean foods . pasta is highest carb. but yeah doing so . adding only veggies chicken tuna and protein . cutting out pasta and adding steel cut oats to the protein shakes. oh i forgot i do 6 whole boiled eggs as well. so that might be cause of it too. but going to look at it all today . trying to figure out where to find a good calcultor for the calories and also intake etc

  10. Quote Originally Posted by newbie2bb View Post
    doing it . funny thing its all clean foods . pasta is highest carb. but yeah doing so . adding only veggies chicken tuna and protein . cutting out pasta and adding steel cut oats to the protein shakes. oh i forgot i do 6 whole boiled eggs as well. so that might be cause of it too. but going to look at it all today . trying to figure out where to find a good calcultor for the calories and also intake etc
    whole wheat past tastes pretty good also if u r gonna have a cheat meal time it to be 60 to 90 minutes after your WO
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  11. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    whole wheat past tastes pretty good also if u r gonna have a cheat meal time it to be 60 to 90 minutes after your WO
    thats good too and i do whole wheat pasta and i only have it around workout times. ...thats why i dont understand the 20 percent ..but all good . i still continue

  12. Well what did you start out @ ?
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  13. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Well what did you start out @ ?
    pound wise 166 pounds about 15 percent bodyfat i would say . i dont have capilators or anything like that . gym dont even . grr will find out though

  14. Quote Originally Posted by newbie2bb View Post
    pound wise 166 pounds about 15 percent bodyfat i would say . i dont have capilators or anything like that . gym dont even . grr will find out though
    If you want to have guaranteed lean gains. Go over to T Nation and find Dave Palumbo diet thread. A lot of guys use this competitors too. its easy to follow can be used for maintenance cutting bulking. Anyone interested in this sport should at the very least have read it and I'm sure most have
  15. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    If you want to have guaranteed lean gains. Go over to T Nation and find Dave Palumbo diet thread. A lot of guys use this competitors too. its easy to follow can be used for maintenance cutting bulking. Anyone interested in this sport should at the very least have read it and I'm sure most have
    to the batmobile !!! got my reading for tonight thanks !!


    edit ::: got a link? u can pm me i cant seem to find

  16. Quote Originally Posted by newbie2bb View Post
    doing it . funny thing its all clean foods . pasta is highest carb. but yeah doing so . adding only veggies chicken tuna and protein . cutting out pasta and adding steel cut oats to the protein shakes. oh i forgot i do 6 whole boiled eggs as well. so that might be cause of it too. but going to look at it all today . trying to figure out where to find a good calcultor for the calories and also intake etc
    If you have a iPhone or iPod touch there is a great app called lose it. It keeps track of all your eats for the day and breaks down your pcf ratio.

  17. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Palumbo

    just google him mate he even has is own website
    Eat clean, piss dirty

  18. Heres a snippet but there are tons of threads on it, he wrote the book on ketosis

    its awesome im on it for the last 2 weeks of my cut


    The premise of the diet is high Protein (about 1- 1 1/2 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
    restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

    HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
    day so you dont cheat again.

    Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
    When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!



    For a 200lb man:

    MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

    MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

    MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

    MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

    MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

    MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

    For a 250lb+ man:
    Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs

    Remember, it takes 3-4 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

    Many times I'll switch to an alternatiing diet where one day it will be Protein/fat......then another Protein/vegetables (very little fat). The great thing about the body and fat is that ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS can be stored in the muscle for several days, up to 2 weeks......therefore, once an adequate storehouse of Essential Fats are built up, the body can be "tortured" a little and it still won't give up muscle (that's assuming you're still taking in adequate Protein. Protein can't be stored).

    1oz almonds equals 6g carbs (2 of those grams are fiber) and 2oz equals 12g of carbs.

    With the beef meal (any fatty Protein meal), you should have the green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive or Mac oil INSTEAD of the nuts. Only eat the nuts with the LEAN Protein MEAL (chicken, turkey, lean fish)

    The best fat sources come from the essential fatty acids-- Omega-6 and Omega-3's. Most of us get plenty of Omega-6s from cooking oils, ect..........however the Omega-3's are harder to get. I recommend WHOLE OMEGA-3 EGGS, FaTTY FISHS like SALMON and SWORDFISH and TUNA and MACKEREL, ALMONDS and WALNUTS have some OMEGA-3's (as well as OMEGA-6s). ANother great fat source is MONOUNSATURATES such as EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and MACADAMIA NUT OIL.....they aren't essential but they are great for the metabolism (great source of energy) and they are extremely good for your heart.

    You're not getting any indirect sources of carbs (just from the 1 spoonful of PB.... you may want to have at least one 1/3cup nuts meal. Remember, Olive or Macadamia nut oil is predominantly a MONOUNSATURATED FAT (good for the heart, but not essential)........ the nuts, and fish oil have the essential fats in them. Also, with regard to FLAX SEED OIL, the OMEGA-3 Fatty Acids found in them (alpha-linolenic acid) has a very poor conversion to DHA and EPA (Essential Omega-3 intermediates) in the HUMAN........therefore, you're much better off taking in FISH OILS (that already contain DHA/EPA) than FLAX SEED OIL.

    Once fat loss slows, I always increase cardio first, then I increase the amount of fat burners (Clenbuterol, Cytomel, lipolyze).........After those other methods are exhausted, only then, do I play with the diet.

    Always eat BEFORE lifting........never BETWEEN lifting and cardio.
    Artificial Sweetners:
    The artificial sweetener itself (eg. aspartame, sucralose) wont cause a problem. It's what some companies complex it with. For example, EQUAL and SPLENDA combine their aspartame and sucrolose with 1g of maltodextrin........whereas, in diet drinks, they don't do that. So, diet drinks are okay, SPLENDA and EQUAL must be used in moderation (STEVIA BALANCE is fine though since they use inulin fiber instead of maltodextrin

    Forget using:
    -MCT's are a waste when you're dieting. If you're gonna use FATS for an energy source, they might as well serve a function in the body. MCTs are useless. They can only serve as a source of energy!
    -Arginine is not going to do anything. It will DO something; just not dramatic.

    Cardio:
    CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

    never do less than 20 min per session

    The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high Protein/moderate fat/low carb diety).

    Do you feel the treadmill is better for cardio, or is the bike(stationary or rebent) just as good? As long as the intensity is LOW, it doesn't matter which piece of equipment you use

    Q&A:
    Q: Is gluconeogenesis inevitable in your diet?
    Dave Palumbo: NO

    Q: If so do I need to consume more than 1.5 grams of Protein per lb of LBM so as not to lose muscle?
    Dave Palumbo: The fat spares the Protein....when the brain is in ketosis, the carbohydrate requirements are very very low.

    Q: How much (percentage) of my Protein intake would be turned into glucose (gluconeogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: Very little (maybe 10%)

    Q: What do you think of submersion in cold water as a means of burning bodyfat (thermogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: HOCUS POKUS!

    Q: How about drinking lots of cold water (I think this was even suggested by Elligton Darden) to help lose bodyfat?
    Dave Palumbo: RIDICULOUS

    Q: Do you think drinking lots of Green Tea is beneficial to fat loss?
    Dave Palumbo: Somewhat helpful.

    Q: How much is the ideal dosage of Omega 3 for a 220 lb. individual ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to take in about 9g per day

    Q: How many Tbs of peanut butter could I have instead of 1/2 cup of cashewnuts?
    Dave Palumbo: 2 tablespoons, two tablespoons of Peanut Butter contains 190 calories and 16 grams of fat (so 1.5 tablespoon equals about 12 grams fat) ...whereas......... 2oz (1/3 cup) almonds (about 40 almonds) = 12g fat

    Q: I want to add that if I cant find the omega eggs here locally. Can I use international egg whites and just take an omega supplement?
    Dave Palumbo: You can get away with 5 whole eggs (regular ones) once a day........not a big deal. You'll be burning up all that fat anyway.

    Q: Whats the max cups # of coffee ( no sugar ) can consume on Dave's diet ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to limit to 2 cups per day.......I realize that towards the end of the diet you may need more to help you get through the day.

    Q: If you cook tilapia in macadamon nut oil?do you coun't the oil as your fat for that meal! Depends how much you use.
    Dave Palumbo: If you just grease the pan with it, no!

    Q: what is the Protein,carb and fat ratio for offseason
    Dave Palumbo: 50% Protein, 25% fat, 25% carbs

    Q: and the ratio for contest prep.
    Dave Palumbo:60% Protein, 30% fat, 10% carbs
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  19. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by sw bill View Post
    If you have a iPhone or iPod touch there is a great app called lose it. It keeps track of all your eats for the day and breaks down your pcf ratio.
    Swbill ..thanks ! looking into fitday and dont have iphone . too poor lol all this eating drained me money wise lol
  20. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Heres a snippet but there are tons of threads on it, he wrote the book on ketosis

    its awesome im on it for the last 2 weeks of my cut


    The premise of the diet is high Protein (about 1- 1 1/2 gram per pound), moderate fat (about 1/2 g per lb) and low low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis (it uses ketone bodies for energy-- fats) and thus the energy requirements by the body can almost all be supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40grams per workout. You will get these 40g indirectly through the foods you'll be eating. As a backup, the cheat meal you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, you see, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. If we keep cortisol low (by
    restricting STIMULANTS) we'll ensure that muscle is spared!

    HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
    day so you dont cheat again.

    Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
    When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!



    For a 200lb man:

    MEAL #1
    5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

    MEAL #2
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar)

    MEAL #3
    "Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

    MEAL #4
    SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

    MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

    MEAL #6
    SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

    For a 250lb+ man:
    Meal 1 6 whole Omega-3 eggs
    Meal 2 8oz chicken with 1/2 cup raw almonds
    Meal 3 50g whey with 2 tablespoons all natural peanutbutter
    Meal 4 8oz salmon with 1 cup asparagus with 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
    Meal 5 50 g whey with 2 tablespoon PB
    Meal 6 6 whole eggs

    Remember, it takes 3-4 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

    Many times I'll switch to an alternatiing diet where one day it will be Protein/fat......then another Protein/vegetables (very little fat). The great thing about the body and fat is that ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS can be stored in the muscle for several days, up to 2 weeks......therefore, once an adequate storehouse of Essential Fats are built up, the body can be "tortured" a little and it still won't give up muscle (that's assuming you're still taking in adequate Protein. Protein can't be stored).

    1oz almonds equals 6g carbs (2 of those grams are fiber) and 2oz equals 12g of carbs.

    With the beef meal (any fatty Protein meal), you should have the green salad with 1 tablespoon of Olive or Mac oil INSTEAD of the nuts. Only eat the nuts with the LEAN Protein MEAL (chicken, turkey, lean fish)

    The best fat sources come from the essential fatty acids-- Omega-6 and Omega-3's. Most of us get plenty of Omega-6s from cooking oils, ect..........however the Omega-3's are harder to get. I recommend WHOLE OMEGA-3 EGGS, FaTTY FISHS like SALMON and SWORDFISH and TUNA and MACKEREL, ALMONDS and WALNUTS have some OMEGA-3's (as well as OMEGA-6s). ANother great fat source is MONOUNSATURATES such as EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and MACADAMIA NUT OIL.....they aren't essential but they are great for the metabolism (great source of energy) and they are extremely good for your heart.

    You're not getting any indirect sources of carbs (just from the 1 spoonful of PB.... you may want to have at least one 1/3cup nuts meal. Remember, Olive or Macadamia nut oil is predominantly a MONOUNSATURATED FAT (good for the heart, but not essential)........ the nuts, and fish oil have the essential fats in them. Also, with regard to FLAX SEED OIL, the OMEGA-3 Fatty Acids found in them (alpha-linolenic acid) has a very poor conversion to DHA and EPA (Essential Omega-3 intermediates) in the HUMAN........therefore, you're much better off taking in FISH OILS (that already contain DHA/EPA) than FLAX SEED OIL.

    Once fat loss slows, I always increase cardio first, then I increase the amount of fat burners (Clenbuterol, Cytomel, lipolyze).........After those other methods are exhausted, only then, do I play with the diet.

    Always eat BEFORE lifting........never BETWEEN lifting and cardio.
    Artificial Sweetners:
    The artificial sweetener itself (eg. aspartame, sucralose) wont cause a problem. It's what some companies complex it with. For example, EQUAL and SPLENDA combine their aspartame and sucrolose with 1g of maltodextrin........whereas, in diet drinks, they don't do that. So, diet drinks are okay, SPLENDA and EQUAL must be used in moderation (STEVIA BALANCE is fine though since they use inulin fiber instead of maltodextrin

    Forget using:
    -MCT's are a waste when you're dieting. If you're gonna use FATS for an energy source, they might as well serve a function in the body. MCTs are useless. They can only serve as a source of energy!
    -Arginine is not going to do anything. It will DO something; just not dramatic.

    Cardio:
    CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

    never do less than 20 min per session

    The BOTTOM LINE is that low intensity cardio (while you might need more of it) ensures that fat is utilized and muscle is spared (especially while on my high Protein/moderate fat/low carb diety).

    Do you feel the treadmill is better for cardio, or is the bike(stationary or rebent) just as good? As long as the intensity is LOW, it doesn't matter which piece of equipment you use

    Q&A:
    Q: Is gluconeogenesis inevitable in your diet?
    Dave Palumbo: NO

    Q: If so do I need to consume more than 1.5 grams of Protein per lb of LBM so as not to lose muscle?
    Dave Palumbo: The fat spares the Protein....when the brain is in ketosis, the carbohydrate requirements are very very low.

    Q: How much (percentage) of my Protein intake would be turned into glucose (gluconeogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: Very little (maybe 10%)

    Q: What do you think of submersion in cold water as a means of burning bodyfat (thermogenesis)?
    Dave Palumbo: HOCUS POKUS!

    Q: How about drinking lots of cold water (I think this was even suggested by Elligton Darden) to help lose bodyfat?
    Dave Palumbo: RIDICULOUS

    Q: Do you think drinking lots of Green Tea is beneficial to fat loss?
    Dave Palumbo: Somewhat helpful.

    Q: How much is the ideal dosage of Omega 3 for a 220 lb. individual ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to take in about 9g per day

    Q: How many Tbs of peanut butter could I have instead of 1/2 cup of cashewnuts?
    Dave Palumbo: 2 tablespoons, two tablespoons of Peanut Butter contains 190 calories and 16 grams of fat (so 1.5 tablespoon equals about 12 grams fat) ...whereas......... 2oz (1/3 cup) almonds (about 40 almonds) = 12g fat

    Q: I want to add that if I cant find the omega eggs here locally. Can I use international egg whites and just take an omega supplement?
    Dave Palumbo: You can get away with 5 whole eggs (regular ones) once a day........not a big deal. You'll be burning up all that fat anyway.

    Q: Whats the max cups # of coffee ( no sugar ) can consume on Dave's diet ?
    Dave Palumbo: Try to limit to 2 cups per day.......I realize that towards the end of the diet you may need more to help you get through the day.

    Q: If you cook tilapia in macadamon nut oil?do you coun't the oil as your fat for that meal! Depends how much you use.
    Dave Palumbo: If you just grease the pan with it, no!

    Q: what is the Protein,carb and fat ratio for offseason
    Dave Palumbo: 50% Protein, 25% fat, 25% carbs

    Q: and the ratio for contest prep.
    Dave Palumbo:60% Protein, 30% fat, 10% carbs
    hahah thanks . even computer geeks have brain farts . didnt even think google LOL lookin for ebook now
  21. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Incline BARBELL (chest)
    work-sets
    1x12=100
    1x9=110
    1x6=120
    1x5=130 (go up)

    Chin ups (Back)
    work-sets
    1x7=assisted @ 28 pounds
    1x5=assisted @ 22 pounds

    Arnold Press dumbbell (shoulders)
    work-sets
    1x9=40 pounds
    1x6=25
    1x5=30 pounds (crazy burnt!!, start lower at 30 pounds)

    Barbell tricep extentions (triceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=50
    1x12=60 pounds (start lower at 45 pounds )

    ALT DB CURL (biceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=30
    1x12=20
    1x8=15 (start lower 25 pounds )

    Leg Press (quads)
    work-sets
    1x12=350
    1x9=355
    1x6=360 (5x ..spent but nice stay )

    Lying Leg Curl (Hamstrings)
    work-sets
    1x12=110
    1x9=115
    1x6=120
    1x5=125 pounds (2x. stay )

    Standing calf raises (calves)
    work-sets
    1x20=210
    1x15=230
    1x10=250 pounds (5x. stay )

    Good pump this week . had to do it late at night since working 10 hour shifts next 4 days. eek. but least got it in and diet is in control dropped calories a tad and cleaned it up . all veggies lol . but doing well . cardio tomorrow night . so fun times
  22. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    why i hate cardio

    not going to make any progress doing it this way ..grr

    so i wanted to do hit cardio tonight. I get on treadmill set it to 6 speed and then run for 1 min and rest for 1 min and then work up to 30 seconds run 30 seconds rest for 10 min. yes 10 min then i get horrible

    SHIN SPLInTS FROM HELLZ

    now mind u i try to chuck norris thru it . did i tell u the shin splints from hell came at min 5 ..so i tread for 5 more min but then spent.

    any suggestions?
    did i just over do it should i lower speed or what?


    quote of day
    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas

  23. Quote Originally Posted by newbie2bb View Post
    why i hate cardio

    not going to make any progress doing it this way ..grr

    so i wanted to do hit cardio tonight. I get on treadmill set it to 6 speed and then run for 1 min and rest for 1 min and then work up to 30 seconds run 30 seconds rest for 10 min. yes 10 min then i get horrible

    SHIN SPLInTS FROM HELLZ

    now mind u i try to chuck norris thru it . did i tell u the shin splints from hell came at min 5 ..so i tread for 5 more min but then spent.

    any suggestions?
    did i just over do it should i lower speed or what?


    quote of day
    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas
    Sounds like ur a bit out of shape 6 is not very fast for HIIT. Correct me if I'm wrong but maybe you just need to ease urself into the cardio.
  24. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post
    Sounds like ur a bit out of shape 6 is not very fast for HIIT. Correct me if I'm wrong but maybe you just need to ease urself into the cardio.
    always gotten shin splints. Always had to do elliptical. . out of shape well not really cause i can run stead state and used to 45 min a day just thnk maybe will go back to ellipital or start lower on treadmill speed
  25. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    well gang just wanted to say thanks for warming up to me all those who read and post. told u i was in it for the long haul. even though we disagree'd i told everyone this log will be for the newbies to reference to about strength discipline and focus and accountability . i believe thus far i have accomplished it and will continue . I appreciate all those who continue to stop in and encourage and give ideals or just to do funny pics. Shame that i'm the "seabiscuit" of the forum logs that not many know about but after this maybe they will so i appreciate u all
  26. newbie2bb
    newbie2bb's Avatar

    Barbell Bench Press (chest)
    work-sets
    1x12=135
    1x9=1145
    1x6=150 (5x, spent )
    1x4-5= n/a


    Barbell Row (Back)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45,95 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=100
    1x9=110
    1x6=115
    1x4-5=120 pounds (go up)


    Overhead Press Barbell (shoulders)
    work-sets
    1x9=95
    1x6=100
    1x4-5=110 pounds (4x,spent )


    Dips (triceps)
    work-sets
    1x15= @28 pounds assisted
    1x7= @22 pounds assisted (spent)
    1x8= n/a


    E-z curl Barbell curl (biceps)
    work-sets
    1x15=60
    1x12=70
    1x8=80 pounds (4x, stay )


    Squats Barbell (quads)
    work-sets
    1x12=95
    1x9=135
    1x5=225
    1x3=230 pounds


    Deadlifts Barbell (Hamstrings)
    warm-up (2 sets)=45 pounds
    work-sets
    1x12=135
    1x3=225 pounds (nice , decided to do lower to get high weights)

    Seated calf raises (calves)
    work-sets
    1x20=110
    1x15=120
    1x10=130 pounds (go up)



    awesome work out . redid deadlifts to make heavier weights. also good times on squats . was dead in gym so no body bug'd me . other than that fun friday night. i remember when i used to go and get drunk and then the club . oh those days are done .

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Liftingstud View Post
    There is no increase in test while on SD or any other aas except if u inject test or take 4AD. If anything there will be a shutdown of test production because you are now supplying an exogenous horomone. But u can also get the release of bound test which can be converted to estrogen. It's a complicated process of how aas and homones work in the body. You have many factors that can influence gains and side effects.
    How do SD or other aas's work then?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Koryo1233 View Post
    How do SD or other aas's work then?
    They're all analagous to testosterone, meaning very close in chemical structure thus they have hormonal effects and are close enough in structure to convince your body to shut down its own endogenous T production.

  29. In a nut shell synthetic testosterone

  30. Where abouts are you on ur cycle? How u feeling? Quick overvew to date? Pls?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. H Drol Calls! First PH Cycle. Join me!
    By ShayZ in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 02:04 AM
  2. First Time HAVOC
    By BoSox 04 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
  3. When is the right time to join the dark side?
    By GUNU in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Log in
Log in