well today was my first inject i have a ? please get back soon

bigrich954rr

Awards
well i went in my thigh i pull back and got blood so i pull out and changed needles i went in close to the same spot pulled back got a air bubble. but when i was pushing into my thigh the muscle twiched i felt like i just went thought some thing but didnt hurt what the hell did i hit

bigrich954rr

Awards
one more thing its now like a hour later and my thigh is starting to hurt but didnt right after the inject what can i do to stop it or less it

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
never been a fan of shooting in the quads. where exactly you hitting? I just have so many visible veins in my quads (more than average), i just stick to the glutes and shoulders as my main sites. Sounds like you did the steps necessary to get a clean injection.... check out www.spotinjections.com and if your next quad injection goes bad, try some other sites bro.
Sage

Last edited:
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
You just hit a nerve bro. The same thing happened to me on my very first quad inject. However, as soon as I felt it, I pulled out, switched pins, and re-inserted. If it happens again, next time don't keep pushing through. Do like I did, and hit a different spot.

The pain you speak of is all too common. I had the same thing happen to me in my quads; I could barely walk the next few days. But your body will get more and more used to it each time you hit the same spot. Just don't hit the same spot too much.

Case in point, I rotate between pecs and quads. The first shots to each site left me very sore as said, but now I've hit everything for a second time and the pain is so much less than the first time I hit all four sites. Hang in there, it will pass....

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe that on your first time pinning quads, you actually hit a vein. I know people who have poked in quads for 4 years + and have NEVER hit a vein in quads, let alone anywhere else.... not quite the beginners luck I guess

JerseyDevil

Awards
The quads have quite a few more veins and nerves then the other common spots. Use the outter quad, and not the inner as the latter has more veins. When a muscle twitches or you feel a tingling sensation, you know you have hit a nerve. Pull out, change pins, and try again. It does seem like the quads are not going to be a good place for you to inject. Some people have a lot of problems with them, others do not. Since you hit a vein, then a nerve on your first two trys, you probably are one who is going to have trouble with them. Try rotating glutes, delts, and tri's.

BTW the site is www.spotinjections.com.

bigrich954rr

Awards
yea i used the outer quad it feels good now and its been about 1 1/2 days thanks for the site

if the muscle twichs when i inject it just mean i hit a nerve didnt hurt when it twiched just didnt know what to think of that

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
well i went in my thigh i pull back and got blood so i pull out and changed needles i went in close to the same spot pulled back got a air bubble. but when i was pushing into my thigh the muscle twiched i felt like i just went thought some thing but didnt hurt what the hell did i hit
I alway get a few bubbles, I think thats normal. If your muscle twitched either you hit a nerve or just flinched involuntarily.

I'm going to try to attach a PDF which is the best inject guide I have seen. It has a diagram of the QUAD which I used to inject there with no problems.

Greenguy

Attachments

TopFuel

Awards
Link is not working...Would love to see it myself, if you could try again I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Link is not working...Would love to see it myself, if you could try again I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see it.
Works fine for me.

Your browser has to be able to read adobe acrobat files (.pdf).

I will leave it to you to find adobe acrobat and install it.

Greenguy

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
my right quad is the same way, either a vein or nerve or both
just stay away from it and go for the pecs and delts

TopFuel

Awards
Greenguy
Thanks I have Adobe already I'll see if I can find the problem.......Thanks for your reply
TopFuel

ripper2

Awards
quads are tuff to shoot... what i do is jab the pin quickly through the first layer of skin to minimize pain. i jab fast and shallow (shallow enough to JUST get through the skin) then i slowly work the pin into the muscle. VERY SLOWLY. if i feel it getting close to a tender spot, i'll pull the pin out about 1/4-1/2 in or so and just slightly angle it a couple degrees and then start going back in slowly. this way you can minimize the # of jabs, can minimize the # of nerves you'll hit, and overall minimize the pain. has worked really well for me so far.