Clomid / PCT and um 'sexual performance'

HeavyBomber

Awards
I have read several accounts from guys who claim to have been unable to get an erection in the weeks following a cycle.
Is this a common side of Clomid or post cycle in general because test levels are low?

I ask because I am now three weeks away from my last inject of test enanthate and have been taking Clomid for a week now. I am experiencing no problem having sex.
Obviously this is good but is it indicative of my natural test production returning quickly?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
or that the test you took hasn't cleared out yet. even at 3 weeks you could still have more then your natural test levals worth left in the depots. (even 75mg worth can be more than than your natural) For instance if you assume a halflife of 10 day (I think it is like 10 to 12 if recolection serves, you will have to look it up to be sure) and you start out at 1000mg in the depost 20 days later (3 weeks ) your still going to have 250mg left 125 or witch will be released over the next 10 days.

If you have droppy dick then prorivon is your best bet. whether or not it is in itself repressive is a matter of debate but most anyone the runs it PCT likes it.

HeavyBomber

Awards
Man that really confuses me about PCT. The half-life is when half of the substance has been purged by the body, right? That means half is still there which still equals a lot more androgen than normal levels. So why are you supposed to start PCT at the half-life of the substance? Wouldn't be more beneficial to wait until androgens are much lower?

Maybe I'm just ignorant. I'm still trying to learn.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Man that really confuses me about PCT. The half-life is when half of the substance has been purged by the body, right? That means half is still there which still equals a lot more androgen than normal levels. So why are you supposed to start PCT at the half-life of the substance? Wouldn't be more beneficial to wait until androgens are much lower?

So am I. I'm not sure why you start PCT when you do but a lot of BB knowledge is from trial and error. Maybe that is when the test is just low enough for the boys to stop being shutdown I don't know. But the manner in witch the esters decay or break down in the body is well under stood. That is why I don't understand peoples love of sust. If you chart it out it isn't really that much differnt then a single ester in the mid range of wieght. So I wonder what all these people are thinking when they talk about.

Bump for some more info on the PCT if someone has some.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established

Well look and ye shall find. Here is the answer right here
The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex, is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM’s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.
origional link http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11871&highlight=swales+protocol

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I ask because I am now three weeks away from my last inject of test enanthate and have been taking Clomid for a week now. I am experiencing no problem having sex.
I'm still learning about aas's and different cycles, and am confused on this one. Why would one begin Clomid 4-weeks prior to their cycle ending? I thought this was for PCT, which is after your cycle has ended. If there is a reason for this, can someone explain. I understand using Nolva, letro, etc. while on, but Clomid I do not.

myofreak

Awards
I think people are confusing Clomids effects with HCG at its ability to maintain testicular size and recovery.Thats my take on it.HCG would be a much better choice than clomid 3 weeks away from the end of a cycle.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I think he ment 3 weeks after guys, his post makes sence then

HeavyBomber

Awards
Yes, three weeks after. I started two weeks after my last injection.