HCG on longer cycle

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
i'm running a rather long test cycle, 16 weeks, which will require hcg. going by the popular approach to hcg use, I should start hcg after week 2 or 3 of my cycle and run it up until post cycle therapy, 250-500iu's twice per week... but i've also read that it should not be run for more than 6 weeks... so if i'm running a 16 week cycle, how would i do this?

i've also heard that it can be run successfully every 4 weeks of a cycle, but i'm confused as to the details of how that works. would i do it for a full week, weeks 5 and 10 of my cycle, and then the week before pct?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
that is a bit confusing. i would ask who ever gave you that advise to explaine why for only 6 weeks at a time. my understanding is that with a low dose like 250 every 3 days you can run it for the lenght of a cycle, even a long one and then go to 500ius 2 weeks before pct is going to start.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
that is a bit confusing. i would ask who ever gave you that advise to explaine why for only 6 weeks at a time. my understanding is that with a low dose like 250 every 3 days you can run it for the lenght of a cycle, even a long one and then go to 500ius 2 weeks before pct is going to start.
i wasn't speaking with anyone directly, just reading as much as i possibly could about it on various forums. i had read about 100 different ways to do it, but some people also say that you can desensitize the leydig cells of the testes doing it for too long or doing too high a dose....which would lead to potentially not having kids. i'm just trying to weigh out whether or not i should even risk it in the first place since there seems to be no exact science on this stuff anyways and it isn't 100% necessary for recovery. i could imagine running it for 13 weeks straight might do something bad. i just don't know, and no one else seems to be sure either.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
if u want to run ur planned 16 week cycle then just use it the last 8 weeks (weeks 11-18)....run 250iu 2x week.

there is no "correct" way to use it, u just have to play around with it urself to see what works for YOU.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
if u want to run ur planned 16 week cycle then just use it the last 8 weeks (weeks 11-18)....run 250iu 2x week.

there is no "correct" way to use it, u just have to play around with it urself to see what works for YOU.
is it really significant to run it for the last 8 weeks? if all you're doing is getting your balls to produce testosterone again (and as far as i know they get going fairly quickly) wouldn't less time be sufficient? would there be a difference in results if i ran it for the last 4 weeks instead of the last 8?

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Most people run it leading up to right before PCT, in order to get their natty test to recover faster. The faster you can have that happen, the more of your on cycle gains you will retain.