Silent Heart Attack Steroids?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
My hernia surgery has just been cancelled because the ECG indicates a MI or silent heart attack. I have ran several pulses in the past such as SPAWN, EPI, PROMAGNON, SD with support supps and experienced high blood pressure here and there. Never got myself tested after. I will be now! The pre-op doc looked very concered looking at my tests. my family has no heart attack history . I have to admit, the look on their faces kinda freaked me out. Only thing I can think of is my previous cycles I have run. Upon googgling, I found that it is common, maybe 25% of the time for ECG to show false readings either from improper lead placement or white coat anxiety. I will keep you guys posted with the test results. Anyone else had false ECG readings?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
In the waiting room of my local walk-in clinic. Going to get a second ECG as a second opinion.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
would definitely get a second opinion. Though I know too little about "silent heart attacks" to be of much use, I will hope for the best and send a prayer that it was a false reading.

SWOLL

Awards
interesting, keep us updated id like to know what the second opinion says, good luck dude

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
In the waiting room of my local walk-in clinic. Going to get a second ECG as a second opinion.
make sure you get a Cardiologist to read it. if not, its like having an ER doc read your chest x-ray with a Radiologist never seeing it.
and remember the ECG is just a screening exam. if there is an abnormality you move to the next level such as a stress test, nuclear medicine cardiac scan, cath, or even cardiac CT or MRI. good luck

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
hey man, i hope nothing but the best, please keep us informed.

if this is any consolation, i was told last summer that i had a "tumor" on my liver after getting an mri for a lower lumbar strain. the doctor called me at 8am on a summer saturday morning telling me to come in immediately for an ultra-sound to get a closer look. my heart sank, im in my early 20s and i have a f'n tumor on my liver that was possible malignant. went in for the ultra-sound and the doctors reassured me that at the very most it looked to them to be a cyst or something. after the ultra-sound it turned out it was just a blurb or bubble that triggered a false alarm. i turned out to be very fortunate as i hope you will walk out of the office with nothing more than a headache about inexperienced practitioners making bold statements.

my regards.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
urbanski's right man make sure a cardiologist reads that ****..
And as he said- if it was serious I'm sure you woulda been sent to something simple like an EST (exercise stress test).. Failing that would probably lead to angiographs, MRI's etc.. for conclusive results.
But ECGs can change for many reasons- however certain changes do usually indicate MI's.. On the other hand simple blood tests can confirm or deny any MI's to measure things like troponin and CK enzymes etc..

Please keep us posted, and the best of luck

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
My second ECG showed possible abnormality. The walk-in clinic doctor said he sees what the other doctor may have been concerned about but in his opinion it's a false positive. He wants me to see a cardiologist also. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the feedback and concern. Mucch appreciated:)

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Just came back from a visit with the Cardiologist. She said my physical exam is normal. She also said my ECG show a vaiant of the heart and some have a variant and their heart is normal. She's booking me for a stress test and ultrasound of the heart. She also said my bloodtest shows abnormality in my kidney functio. Elevated level of creatinine.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Just came back from a visit with the Cardiologist. She said my physical exam is normal. She also said my ECG show a vaiant of the heart and some have a variant and their heart is normal. She's booking me for a stress test and ultrasound of the heart. She also said my bloodtest shows abnormality in my kidney functio. Elevated level of creatinine.
i think anyone who works out, eats lots of protein etc will show hi creatinine in blood test, just sayin but could be wrong

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Saw the cardiologist today. She said the ECG shows a variant and some have variants and normal hearts. Recommending me a stress test and ultrasound for the heart. She also said my blood tests showed abnormal creatinine. She doesn't recommend protein powders etc. Anyone know the cause of abnormal kidney function/creatinine levels. Recent supps include Piracetam, Alcar, lecithin, RPM, popped a couple of Slim Xtreme on two occasions.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Everyone thinks their "bullet proof" until something happens. I try to research everything I take very carefully. Most supplement companies don't care about your health they just want to sell their products. Two companies that I have come to trust as far a safety is concerned is MAN and Omega.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I came back from the cardiologist. She said the ECG shows a variant. Some people show a variant and everything is normal but said a variant may be a symptom of heart damage. She recommends a stress test and a heart ultrasound.
The blood tests show elevated creatinine levels. High creatinine levels can be a sign of kidney disease etc.
Current supps are Alcar, Piracetam, RPM, Slim xtreme- 2 caps. Note: I stopped taking all supps 1 week before the scheduled surgery. Anyone know if the supps or past cycles could cause high blood creatinine levels?

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Cycles can cause renal damage.. How high were the creatinine levels? Elevated creatinine can also come from ingesting high protein diets for bodybuilding purposes.. Unless you had an elevated BUN as well, I'd assume the creatinine will come down with some high water intake. Also, SX might be a culprit in some short term kidney damage as well..

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
I came back from the cardiologist. She said the ECG shows a variant. Some people show a variant and everything is normal but said a variant may be a symptom of heart damage. She recommends a stress test and a heart ultrasound.
The blood tests show elevated creatinine levels. High creatinine levels can be a sign of kidney disease etc.
Current supps are Alcar, Piracetam, RPM, Slim xtreme- 2 caps. Note: I stopped taking all supps 1 week before the scheduled surgery. Anyone know if the supps or past cycles could cause high blood creatinine levels?
As MP said, if you keep your water intake high and your BUN wasnt elevated, then it should come down. Also, did they mention how elevated it is? What is your diet like? Do you have family history of kidney issues?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
No family kidney issues. What exactly is BUN? I'll check the lab results and post it. I can't see any supps causing permanent kidney damage as I never really went crazy on any of them, all in moderation. The only supps I have been taking daily leading up to 1 week prior to the blood test was ALCAR, Piracetam and RPM. Could the be the cause?

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Blood Urea Nitrogen - essentially. it is a test to measure your kidney function.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
There was a big stint awhile back about Slim xtreme having possible negative effects on your cardiovascular system.

I love the stuff personally, but each persons body is different.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I only ever took maybe 15 caps of slim xtreme.

There was a big stint awhile back about Slim xtreme having possible negative effects on your cardiovascular system.

I love the stuff personally, but each persons body is different.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Blood Urea Nitrogen - essentially. it is a test to measure your kidney function.
Looking at the blood test results now. It is hand written so I can't be 100% sure, but looks like it says "Creatinine above (upward arrow) 135, e GFR 52