keeping gains will be up to ur pct, diet and training

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
keeping gains will be up to ur pct, diet and training
Also depends on what gains he is talking about? If he is talking about overall weight gain and he chooses compounds that induce alot of water weight. That weight will come off regardless once cycle is over. He seems a bit new so we got to get into more detail with him. If he is talking about keeping the muscle gained during cycle than you post is spot on.

Jimmytest

Awards
There are also compounds out there that put more lean quality mass on, just takes a little longer and costs more money, but pct and diet always play a big role.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was going to say h-drol as well, not an expert in any means, but i've seen ppl gain some decent weight, and keep the weight during pct, mdrol might help you gain more weight but ppl seem to lose some of the weight regardless of pct, i think mdrol adds some water weight as mentioned that comes off anyway, mdrol is to strong for me so i never even researched it

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
i was going to say h-drol as well, not an expert in any means, but i've seen ppl gain some decent weight, and keep the weight during pct, mdrol might help you gain more weight but ppl seem to lose some of the weight regardless of pct, i think mdrol adds some water weight as mentioned that comes off anyway, mdrol is to strong for me so i never even researched it
Type of weight gained on any compound is a result of diet if you eat a lot on a lean diet you will get good results with little to no bloat. Eat dirty and you'll get dirty weight and bloat. I'm in the final days of a SD/EPI
bridge and went from 191 to 202 with practically no bloat or fat gain.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Type of weight gained on any compound is a result of diet if you eat a lot on a lean diet you will get good results with little to no bloat. Eat dirty and you'll get dirty weight and bloat. I'm in the final days of a SD/EPI
bridge and went from 191 to 202 with practically no bloat or fat gain.

Edit that: I'm in the final days of my pct from that cycle. Posting on the phone sucks sometimes

wontstop985

wontstop985

Awards
  • Established
The type of cycle that does not end. Stay on test forever - that should be effective.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something low and slow. 20lbs gained in 4 weeks vs 16lbs in 12 weeks, its far easier to keep more % of the 16. Consistency in diet + training, logging everything meticulously is the key.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
Keeping gains... are your goals to gain and keep LBM, Strength, or both?

There are two schools of thought on the topic Long Cycles and Short 'Pulse" Cycles and the two schools of thought ARE for the most part conflicting but there is evidence to support both positions.

Long Cycle suggests that gains made gradually over longer amount of time (8-12 weeks, and normally at lower doses) are easier to maintain after cycle. The common belief is that your body has had time to adjust to your new 'normal' weight.

The problem: the longer you supplement exogenous anabolic the more HTPA shutdown your body incurs. Which simply means when your on gear your brain tells your testicles that you have plenty of testosterone and you don't need to make anymore. So your body stops making test. The longer your body goes without "needing" to make test the more the testicles will atrophy (shrink). SERM based PCTs are an effective way bring test production back up ASAP. But after a very long cycle even at full test production you still may find yourself losing some of our gains this may be inpart from atrophy. For cycles 10 weeks or more hCG is great addition; hCG feeds chemicals to the testicles that help prevent testicular atrophy.

Short Cycle pulses take another approach to maintaining gains. Utilizing faster acting compounds short pulse cycles, are intended to give you gains BEFORE atrophy becomes a factor making PCT much less intensive so that you can return to an 'ON' status sooner. A typical protocol would consist of 2 weeks on 2 weeks off (with a SERM based PCT) repeat 1 to 2 times with the last PCT ranging from 4-6 weeks.

The problem: It is possible to 'feel fine' coming off a pulse and not BE as fine as you think. Some people take this fine feeling to mean a SERM is not needed. The other problem is that pulses are frowned upon by some and the mention of it as a legitimate protocol can sometimes solicit church burnings, and public execution.

Certain compounds make you more prone to water retention (wet compounds). Without exception some gains made with wet compounds will be lost post cycle as your glycogen returns to normal levels.

Dry compounds:
EQ/Bold, Pmag/Hdrol, Epi/Havoc, SD, Orastan

Wet compounds:
Tren, Phera/DMT/Madol, M1 4ADD

Keeping up diet and routine along with a proper PCT recovery are the largest factors in keeping gains. Luck also plays a role. It should be noted that many steroids adversely effect immune health (anecdotal presumption) and as a result illness on cycle and during pct is not uncommon. Be sure to guard against exposure to those with contagious physical illness' and supplement vitamin c. As illness CAN sap you of all gains and even leave you with a net loss.