HELP! Is it possible that I am Absorbing Estrogens though my Body Lotion?

UCLADude

Awards
k fellas dont laugh at me but i have eczema and this is the only lotion that doesnt aggravate my skin and keeps the rashes away...but it has so many herbals & flowers in it that im wondering if its messing with my test levels since i read that alot of flowers/herbs can be highly estrogenic and be absorbed through the skin...

i know that men should completely avoid lotions containing lavender and tea tree oil as these have been shown to be highly estrogenic and studies have even been done that it caused breast tissue growth in young males...

can one of u very knowledgeable board members take a look at these ingredients and see if any 1 of these would be problematic??

thanks

here are the ingredients

its a hugo's naturals lotion

Purified water, aloe barbadensis (organic aloe vera) leaf juice, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba) seed oil, olea europaea (organic olive) oil unsaponifiables, glyceryl stearate SE, Kosher vegetable glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, gluconolactone, butyrospermum parkii (organic shea butter), cetearyl glucoside, allantoin, theobroma grandiflorum (organic capaucu) seed butter, squalane (from olives), euterpe loeracea pulp oil, (organic acai berry oil), tocopherols (natural vitamin E), anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract, arnica Montana (arnica) flower extract, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) leaf/root extract, symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower oil, vanilla planifolia fruit oil, benzyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
try virgin unrefined coconut oil instead, very good moisturizer and therapeutic

SeanEH

Awards
i know that men should completely avoid lotions containing lavender and tea tree oil as these have been shown to be highly estrogenic and studies have even been done that it caused breast tissue growth in young males...
There was one published study where this happened to three pre-pubertal males, and no documentation of it ever happening before or since to anybody else. Reading the transdermal subforum here I get the impression that delivering enough of a substance through the skin to alter your hormone levels is a little more tricky and takes a little more thought and effort than just rubbing some nice smelling lotion on.

I do wonder how it's possible that the only product that doesn't aggravate your skin is something that has 87 ingredients though. You could probably narrow it down to the effective ingredient and buy that while avoiding the 86 other things.

UCLADude

Awards
I do wonder how it's possible that the only product that doesn't aggravate your skin is something that has 87 ingredients though. You could probably narrow it down to the effective ingredient and buy that while avoiding the 86 other things.

well if u look at the bulk of ingredients in this moisturizer its things like

-aloe
-jojoba oil
-olive oil
-shea butter
-veg glycerin
-flower extracts etc

compared to most commercial lotions that is really quite tame

even "simple" lotions like eucerin have tons of chemicals

UCLADude

Awards
try virgin unrefined coconut oil instead, very good moisturizer and therapeutic

is that wat u use?

i tried it once but it was sooo sticky & greasy got all over clothes n bed sheets

how did u avoid that

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
is that wat u use?

i tried it once but it was sooo sticky & greasy got all over clothes n bed sheets

how did u avoid that
yea I live by the coconut. you need to find an organic unrefined kind, vit shoppe sells one by SPECTRUM. make sure its unrefined because thats the less greasy kind. I only apply a small amount to face/hair anywhere I need moisturizing, usually in the morning. So by the time I drive to work its already absorbed in.

I had eczema really bad when I was a kid and it has gone away. I still get one here and there once in a while but its nothing and goes away very quickly. Most important supplement for you is fish oil. Take 12-16 grams of fishoil every day. This helps with breakouts and will majorly decrease the severity of them. Brewer's yeast is another supplement I take that helps to keep this under control. Coconut oil wont really help the eczema or make the breakouts fade any faster, but its the best moisturizer on the planet IMO. Especially if your scalp gets dry in the winter like mine, a good layer of coconut oil on your head before bed will usually cure the dryness. In the next couple days Im gonna post my write up about household chemicals and cleaners, shampoos deodorants, all the chemicals that irritate our sensitive skin. keep an eye out

UCLADude

Awards
yea I live by the coconut. you need to find an organic unrefined kind, vit shoppe sells one by SPECTRUM. make sure its unrefined because thats the less greasy kind. I only apply a small amount to face/hair anywhere I need moisturizing, usually in the morning. So by the time I drive to work its already absorbed in.

I had eczema really bad when I was a kid and it has gone away. I still get one here and there once in a while but its nothing and goes away very quickly. Most important supplement for you is fish oil. Take 12-16 grams of fishoil every day. This helps with breakouts and will majorly decrease the severity of them. Brewer's yeast is another supplement I take that helps to keep this under control. Coconut oil wont really help the eczema or make the breakouts fade any faster, but its the best moisturizer on the planet IMO. Especially if your scalp gets dry in the winter like mine, a good layer of coconut oil on your head before bed will usually cure the dryness. In the next couple days Im gonna post my write up about household chemicals and cleaners, shampoos deodorants, all the chemicals that irritate our sensitive skin. keep an eye out

thanks for u reply

do u use coconut oil on ur body or just face/head?

and how do u keep from the coconut oil from staining ur pillowcase

the unrefined organic virgin kind is the kind i tried last time it was solid in the jar and melts in ur hands but it definitely is like most oils greasy and can stick to clothes...

maybe i can apply it right after a shower and then towel off the excess

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
yea apply it after the shower when the skin needs moisture and dont use too much, then there wont be an excess. who cares about the pillowcase? id rather have a normal non dry head than a perfect pillowcase