Experienced HCG users

muscles4life

Awards
I have 23 days left on a test. prop. cycle. I just received HCG 10,000 IU's. There are so many opinions and articles on HCG that I'm confused on the BEST way to do the HCG, so I would like people who have used it a few times to know what worked best for them to help me out. I know about the 3000,3000,1500,1500 every five days for last 20 days of cycle and 500-1000 last ten days of cycle. Also do most people now make sure they end HCG at the end of their cycle or do some go after, during PCT? I'm currently taking 10mg Nolva ED for gyno(started to get it pretty good did 40mg a few days then 10mg maintenance) Thanks for any help you can give me. BTW, I have researched this like crazy, which probably made me more confused.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I've done the 3,000 method before, but I plan on doing 250iu EOD or 500iu 2x a week on my next run.

ManBeast

muscles4life

Awards
How fast do your nads grow with HCG and do you need higher doses to get them to grow bigger, ex: 3000 every 5 days or would 500-1000 make them grow also or is the smaller dose just to maintain size. I would guess I've lost about a third of the size and want them to be normal when I come off my cycle.

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
I've done the 3,000 method before, but I plan on doing 250iu EOD or 500iu 2x a week on my next run.

ManBeast
Now that you mention it. It could be mixed with prop at 250-300iu eod during the cycle. 1 pin, 1 poke.

Thanks for the info MB

Sorry for thread jacking.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a logical idea to me.

ManBeast

serengo

Awards
Last cycle I just took one 5k iu amp and divided it into three equal doses taken 5 days apart starting 5 days after last inject and it worked like a champ.

I used the higher dose, similar to what was described above in the past, and this worked just as well. I too was finding the debate over the best way to use HCG raging hot and heavy. Since both seemed to work, I went with simple.

muscles4life

Awards
So would you suggest I start HCG after my last injection, right before or start right now? Since I only have 22 days left.

serengo

Awards
You stated that you wanted them to be normal coming off your cycle, so you could start to hit it up @ 500 i.u.'s 2x/week for the next three weeks.

muscles4life

Awards
They have shrunk pretty bad, will that small of a dose bring them back to 100% in three weeks?

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
They have shrunk pretty bad, will that small of a dose bring them back to 100% in three weeks?
Shoot 1000,

then 500 every third day for the remainder. When you start your final 10 days, if you feel you need a little extra, up the dose to 750 0r 1000.

Be sure and take nolva when you start your hcg at 20mg EOD.

Or you could wait and do 500iu/ed for the last ten days.

muscles4life

Awards
Thanks alot for the help. I think I'll try your suggestion Billy the kid. Billy the kid, has HCG worked well for you?

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks alot for the help. I think I'll try your suggestion Billy the kid. Billy the kid, has HCG worked well for you?
I will tell you when finish my next cycle, however i will use it throughout. I am only passing my opinion from my recent research.

Here is a method using the last 2 weeks of your cycle in order to reverse testical atrophy. However he does not mention nolva. Which should be included anytime you use HCG to avoid Gyno.

Doses of HCG
Smaller doses, more frequently during a cycle will give best overall results with least unwanted side effects. Somewhere between 500iu and 1000iu per day would be best over about a two-week period. These doses are sufficient to avoid/rectify testicular atrophy without increasing oestrogen levels too dramatically and risking gynecomastia. This dosing schedule also avoids the risk of permanently down-regulating the LH receptors in the testes.

Using HCG
It is our opinion that HCG is probably one of the most misunderstood and misused compounds in bodybuilding. Hopefully this information will go some way towards rectifying that for the members of MuscleTalk. HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin and is not a steroid, but a natural peptide hormone which develops in the placenta of pregnant women during pregnancy to controls the mother's hormones. (Incidentally, this is the reason you may hear of people testing for growth hormone (HGH) with a pregnancy testing kit - If their HGH shows 'pregnant', they've been ripped-off with cheaper HCG - but we digress slightly).

Its action in the male body is like that of LH, stimulating the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone even in the absence of endogenous LH. HCG is therefore used during longer or heavier steroid cycles to maintain testicular size and condition, or to bring atrophied (shrunken) testicles back up to their original condition in preparation for post-cycle Clomid therapy. This process is necessary because atrophied testicles produce reduced levels of natural testosterone, this situation should be rectified prior to post-cycle Clomid therapy.

HCG administration post-cycle is common practice among bodybuilders in the belief that it will aid the natural testosterone recovery, but this theory is unfounded and also counterproductive. The rapid rise in both testosterone, and thus oestrogen due to aromatisation, from the administration of HCG causes further inhibition of the HPTA (Hypothalamic/Pituitary/Testicular Axis - feedback loop discussed above); this actually worsens the recovery situation. HCG does not restore the natural testosterone production.

The typically observed dosing of 2000 to 5000IU every 4 to 5 days causes such an increase in oestrogen levels via aromatisation of the natural testosterone that this has been responsible for many cases of gynecomastia.

From the above discussion it is clear that HCG is best used during a cycle, either to:

1) Avoid testicular atrophy, or
2) Rectify the problem of an existing testicular atrophy.

Doses of HCG
Smaller doses, more frequently during a cycle will give best overall results with least unwanted side effects. Somewhere between 500iu and 1000iu per day would be best over about a two-week period. These doses are sufficient to avoid/rectify testicular atrophy without increasing oestrogen levels too dramatically and risking gynecomastia. This dosing schedule also avoids the risk of permanently down-regulating the LH receptors in the testes. Presentation and Administration of HCG
Synthetic HCG is often known as Pregnyl (generic name) and is available in 2500iu and 5000iu (not ideal for the above doses!). Administration of the compound is either by intra-muscular or subcutaneous injection. It comes as a powder which needs to be mixed with the sterile water. The powder is temperature-sensitive prior to mixing and should not be exposed to direct heat. After mixing, it should be kept refrigerated and used within a few weeks - though there are sterility issues which need to be considered after mixing.