The "take your orals am to prevent suppression" Theory

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.65%

The "take your orals am to prevent suppression" Theory

The idea: if you take oral/ short acting steroids in the morning, you will prevent to some degree the suppression of your axis.

Is this just a hypothesis of a self-proclaimed internet guru or is there scientific evidence to back this up?

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.19%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzogo View Post
    The idea: if you take oral/ short acting steroids in the morning, you will prevent to some degree the suppression of your axis.

Is this just a hypothesis of a self-proclaimed internet guru or is there scientific evidence to back this up?
    i dont know, i would guess it would depend on alot of factors.
    the sensitivity of the persons hpta
    the half life of the steroid
    the persons metabolism
    how much of the steroid you took at that time
    etc.

i dont know about in the morning, but maybe one day on, one day off, etc would be better?
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.79%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting Authority

i don't think it works effectively, and here's why. suppose you were taking a steroid with the shortest half life - i think it would be tren at 6 hours. so by this theory, you do the recommended dose of 90mg at 8am. so at 2pm there's 45mg in your system, 8pm 23mg in your system, 2am 12mg in you, and at 8am there's 6 + the 90mg more you just added. how exactly can that not suppress you? since most anabolics have a longer half life than 6 hours (hdrols is 16 hours), the math makes this an impossibility. unless you're taking an oral with a super short half life (2-3 hours, and i don't know if such a one exists), it won't work. also, if you avoid suppression, you ultimately avoid a huge amount of gains, since you won't have a steriod in your system long enough to use its potential at 100% - even pulsing works this way. pulsing will keep you from suppression though, so that's really your best alternative if you go this route. IMO at least.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.37%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You take anabolics and you will get suppressed.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.51%

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    You take anabolics and you will get suppressed.
    haha exactly. If its working you will be suppressed either way... maybe not right away but it's just a matter of time.

I would assume if you are taking two pills in a day or whatever it may be you would take one in the morning 7am and one at night 7pm just to keep it in your system constantly.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.39%

its a good theory, maybe in the case of dbol where the half life is 3-4 hours there might be some value to that. However i do not see the point if you want to/need to take steroids to get to the next level chances are your going to be running test as well. Pulsing is a good alternative if you dont want to be suppressed i guess. Realistically your suppressed anytime there is active substance in your body, the negative feedback loops and hypothalamus and pituitary are not just active at night they are a 24 hour a day things, however night is more important for regulatory purposes.

I wouldnt pick a compound tho based on half life and what suppression comes with it, however i would pick one based on the effects you desire from it.
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.19%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

just quit being cheap on pct and keep steady blood levels in your system.

we are always trying to cheat the system. and in turn, make things so complicated.

Similar Forum Threads

1. "THEORY" on androgen receptors
    By schwellington in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 11:44 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 11:41 PM
  3. The Theory Of Evolution "south Park" Style
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
  4. theory behind "suspicious" workous in Flex/M&F