The "take your orals am to prevent suppression" Theory

G

Gonzogo

Awards
The idea: if you take oral/ short acting steroids in the morning, you will prevent to some degree the suppression of your axis.

Is this just a hypothesis of a self-proclaimed internet guru or is there scientific evidence to back this up?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The idea: if you take oral/ short acting steroids in the morning, you will prevent to some degree the suppression of your axis.

Is this just a hypothesis of a self-proclaimed internet guru or is there scientific evidence to back this up?
i dont know, i would guess it would depend on alot of factors.
the sensitivity of the persons hpta
the half life of the steroid
the persons metabolism
how much of the steroid you took at that time
etc.

i dont know about in the morning, but maybe one day on, one day off, etc would be better?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i don't think it works effectively, and here's why. suppose you were taking a steroid with the shortest half life - i think it would be tren at 6 hours. so by this theory, you do the recommended dose of 90mg at 8am. so at 2pm there's 45mg in your system, 8pm 23mg in your system, 2am 12mg in you, and at 8am there's 6 + the 90mg more you just added. how exactly can that not suppress you? since most anabolics have a longer half life than 6 hours (hdrols is 16 hours), the math makes this an impossibility. unless you're taking an oral with a super short half life (2-3 hours, and i don't know if such a one exists), it won't work. also, if you avoid suppression, you ultimately avoid a huge amount of gains, since you won't have a steriod in your system long enough to use its potential at 100% - even pulsing works this way. pulsing will keep you from suppression though, so that's really your best alternative if you go this route. IMO at least.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You take anabolics and you will get suppressed.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
You take anabolics and you will get suppressed.
haha exactly. If its working you will be suppressed either way... maybe not right away but it's just a matter of time.

I would assume if you are taking two pills in a day or whatever it may be you would take one in the morning 7am and one at night 7pm just to keep it in your system constantly.

S

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
its a good theory, maybe in the case of dbol where the half life is 3-4 hours there might be some value to that. However i do not see the point if you want to/need to take steroids to get to the next level chances are your going to be running test as well. Pulsing is a good alternative if you dont want to be suppressed i guess. Realistically your suppressed anytime there is active substance in your body, the negative feedback loops and hypothalamus and pituitary are not just active at night they are a 24 hour a day things, however night is more important for regulatory purposes.

I wouldnt pick a compound tho based on half life and what suppression comes with it, however i would pick one based on the effects you desire from it.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just quit being cheap on pct and keep steady blood levels in your system.

we are always trying to cheat the system. and in turn, make things so complicated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 0
M Anabolics 89
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
50Magnum Anabolics 5
B Pro Bodybuilding 9