The Test taper protocal!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is for those interested in tapering down their test in place of a PCT!

This is the protocol:

Following the cycle use a 4-6 week waiting period also refered to as 'stasis period' by somebody.

4 weeks if you are using esters such as propinate.

esters such as cypionate and enanthate are in the middle - 4-6 week waiting period - your decision as it is a tough call. I prefer more weeks then less.

6 week waiting period for esters such as decanoate -i.e. deca.

During the waiting period you should taper off any aromatase inhibitors you are using - basically get rid of all drugs in your system besides testosterone.

Once the waiting period is over, then gradually reduce the dose weekly for 6 weeks untill you are off.

I preffer injecting enanthate twice per week as my ester of choice. But you can use propinate or sustenon as well, just devide it into 3 doses per week.

Once the taper starts, that is around the time you would start using a serm if you are going to use one.

You can taper without a serm and still be successfull doing so.

the research showed no hpta suppression while using a serm and low dose testosterone - 100mg per week

It also showed no hpta suppression with no serm use while using 25mg of testosterone enanthate per week.

So as I said it is possible to taper with our without a serm successfully.

If you are using HCG during the cycle to maintain testicular size and function - you must stop HCG at the end of your cycle and by hcg free throughout the waiting period.

So to put it all together using testosterone enanthatate dose split into biweekly injections:

Cycle ends, stop hcg if using,

start Waiting peroid:

Week 1-6 or 1-4: Test E 100mg per week
Taper off Arimidex or femara fully by week 3

Taper phase:

week 1-6

mg/ week: 80mg / 60mg/ 50mg/ 40mg/ 30 mg/ 20mg.

Start your Serm (nolva or clomid) at the begining of the taper if you choose to do so.

If you decide to use Masteron,

Then you use 50mg Test E, and 50mg Masteron E per week or masteron prop, with test prop for the waiting period, and keep the ratio the same as you taper down as well (1:1, with the starting totol mg amount 100mg).

No Serm use is needed and i have found libido to be even better when using this mix.

the masteron acts as an anti E, and the DHT enhances libido. The masteron itself at that amount does not subtract from hpta function more than it adds libido enhance ment, and estrogen control.

The masteron is the only drug that i have found to fit the bill perfectly for this purpose, but you can try aromasis as well, but I don't think it would have the same positive effects on libido.

As for using other drugs during your pct that may enhance workouts and maintain size...

there are a wide variety of supplements out there that have no negative effect on the hpta.

As for other drugs, some options would be:

IGF, MGF, HGH....

Clenbutoral,

and Insulin which I highly do not recommend.

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
I'm curious to hear some experienced guy's opinions on this.

Interesting theory.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I have always said tapering isnt practical, and will not work for most. In order for a taper to work effectively, you would have to know the exact dose that you could taper down to without causing inhibition of endogenous testosterone. If you were above that level, you would continue to be suppressed, and that would render it useless. If you could hit it right on the head (which is insanely unlikely) then it would work well.

Anthony Roberts had a study where he showed that using as little as 50mgs weekly of testosterone would cause inhibition in most males. Knowing this, it makes no sense to think you could taper effectively.

In all fairness to the OP, I just skimmed over the post....It may have some great info, but tapering down from synthetic testosterone is almost impossible to do effectively.....

holy

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should read the post completely and you may have a better understanding for it. I personally know of people who have tapered test and came back in the normal ranges; blood test.. I believe it is plausible, but for the more experienced users.... Any AM members that have tapered? If there are any care to share experiences?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
So...what is the point? Why would anyone risk tapering if they have access to a SERM?

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
So...what is the point? Why would anyone risk tapering if they have access to a SERM?
No crash.

but unless one did daily bloodwork, how would one know exactly how much was enough and how much was too much?

holyintellect is right, a little too much and suppression. Everyone would need different amounts, right?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The point is to slowly bring your hormonal levels back to the norm rather than using a SERM to kickstart your hormonal system from a stand still..

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
The point is to slowly bring your hormonal levels back to the norm rather than using a SERM to kickstart your hormonal system from a stand still..
Yeah cause after a cycle first you feel like:dot:

Then you run clomid and you're all like:crying:

Then after a month of that hopefully you can:popworm:

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
but for the more experienced users.... Any AM members that have tapered? If there are any care to share experiences?
Maybe Im not experienced enough then.....I am business partners with an IFBB Pro who won 5 pro shows. I trained along side him for each and every one. I know what he took, and I know what he ate. I also know to a fair degree what several of the other Pros were taking at that time, too. To further that, he and I have literally trained close to a hundred bodybuilders between us. I have seen virtually every single one NOT taper, and come back wonderfully using ancillaries alone. I have sat at dinner at the Arnold Classic and Olympia with other Pros and National level competitors when they came for advice on chemicals.

Tapering down would be an incredible situation if you could manipulate it correctly. The problem is when 50mgs is going to cause suppression, exactly where is the margin of error to taper down?

holy

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Maybe Im not experienced enough then.....I am business partners with an IFBB Pro who won 5 pro shows. I trained along side him for each and every one. I know what he took, and I know what he ate. I also know to a fair degree what several of the other Pros were taking at that time, too. To further that, he and I have literally trained close to a hundred bodybuilders between us. I have seen virtually every single one NOT taper, and come back wonderfully using ancillaries alone. I have sat at dinner at the Arnold Classic and Olympia with other Pros and National level competitors when they came for advice on chemicals.

Tapering down would be an incredible situation if you could manipulate it correctly. The problem is when 50mgs is going to cause suppression, exactly where is the margin of error to taper down?

holy
Completely agree, this has been something I have argued as long as I can remember. People don't understand that the moment synthetic testosterone enters the body and as long as it is in there at basically any dose ... shutdown WILL occur whether its 50mg or 5000mg doesn't matter.

To the "more experienced" users comment, is that a joke. You haven't even run the first cycle man and your acting as if Holy - who knows and is more experienced than almost any other user on this board, doesn't know what he is talking about?

Tapering just doesn't work in most cases - I don't know anyone that I have been around that has done it with good success. As opposed to noone that I am around has any trouble whatsoever with use of ancillaries.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

holy
Was'nt trying to bring anyone down, im sure your quite experienced with AAS usage and body building. I meant anyone with experience with a taper protocol.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
To the "more experienced" users comment, is that a joke. You haven't even run the first cycle man and your acting as if Holy - who knows and is more experienced than almost any other user on this board, doesn't know what he is talking about?
Again, I wasn't saying he or any of you weren't experienced, I merely meant has personally with a taper protocol.. I'm sure most of you have more experience then me, so please don't take what a wrote in the wrong direction.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i dont think a lot of guys have done it successfully, again the margin of error is so small that it would be very hard to do accurately. I mean even getting a blood test everyday it takes at least 2 days to get the results (at least for me). So you are 2 days behind anyways..... It sounds like a good idea and i think it has its place in terms of when using a gram of test a week tapering down the week before ester clearing so you can start PCT faster. However i have not tried it, i have always relied on SERMs and with such good results from them i dont know if i would really want to try anything else...