Ok, I give up: What are pumps?

Gungalalunga

Awards
People keep naming "pumps" as a side-effect of M1T. I think they happen during or after a workout? Sometimes described as painful. I searched around a little, but couldn't find a definition.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What ya get when you workout and blood fills the muscle to the point that total range of motion for that muscle group is hard to impossible and if it's bad enough then it becomes painful.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
A pump is a long, clear plastic tube that is placed over the penis. A hand lever is attached to it with rubber tubing, which is repeatedly squeezed to pump the air out of the tube, creating a vacuum. This vacuum affect causes blood to flow into the penis making it larger & erect.:)

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
A pump is a long, clear plastic tube that is placed over the penis. A hand lever is attached to it with rubber tubing, which is repeatedly squeezed to pump the air out of the tube, creating a vacuum. This vacuum affect causes blood to flow into the penis making it larger & erect.:)
LMAO....

Warning: This post may cause physical damage! :D

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
A question like that warrants the assumption that we have an "undercover" lurking the board...

Bryan

Awards
Pick up a 25lbs dumbbell and do 3 sets of 30-40 curls. When you can barely get your hand up to your shoulder because your bicep is so pumped, you'll know what a pump is :D

Gungalalunga

Awards
I lifted weights for about five years, just to get a little stronger and a better looking body. The only thing I did to supplement my weight lifting was try to eat a little more meat. Then I took ten years off, heh, and about a month ago I started lifting again, and supplementing with protein powder and creatine. I've been reading this board because I want to try prohormones. I'm not a serious bodybuilder or athlete, I just want to improve myself a little.

friction515

friction515

Awards
  • Established
hhmmmmmmmmmmm................................

uridium245

Awards
Give it more time

I would urge you or anyone else not to even consider a prohormone supplement for at least a year. Focus on reaching your bodies natural limit first. Probably the single most important factor in reaching you maximum potential whether a newbie or experienced lifter is nutrition. Eat 6 well rounded small meals a day (never going more than 3 hours without eating something). Get plenty of protein (1.5 to 2.0 grams of protein times your body weight). Get 6 to 8 hours of rest. Androgens are not a miracle cure for small muscles and they are definetly not for beginning weight lifters. Any gains made from them without a sound base from which to build will be transitory in nature.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
even lifting natural, it's likely you will attain a decent pump during a workout. I'm doubting your workouts intensity if you have never gotten a "pump." get your diet and workout plans going well before supplementing anything.