? About my nolva..

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
I posted this in the PCT section too, but it seems like this section gets a little more action, so i wanted to post in here too.

I got my liquid research tamoxifen citrate in the other day, and i was looking at it.. It has these clear, sliver-like flakes floating all around in it. Is this normal? Has anyone seen anything like this in theirs? Just making sure it's ok to give to my lab-rat..

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I posted this in the PCT section too, but it seems like this section gets a little more action, so i wanted to post in here too.

I got my liquid research tamoxifen citrate in the other day, and i was looking at it.. It has these clear, sliver-like flakes floating all around in it. Is this normal? Has anyone seen anything like this in theirs? Just making sure it's ok to give to my lab-rat..
To be honest, I've never observed this in my own rat's tamoxifen citrate but I have heard other researcher's have encountered the same phenomenon. I think.... emphasis on think.... that the flakes are part of a nickle affinity column used to purify the product. So your rat would be okay taking what u got IMO, since your rat would metabolize the flake easily.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, I've never observed this in my own rat's tamoxifen citrate but I have heard other researcher's have encountered the same phenomenon. I think.... emphasis on think.... that the flakes are part of a nickle affinity column used to purify the product. So your rat would be okay taking what u got IMO, since your rat would metabolize the flake easily.
Yes i shook it up... they arent going anywhere. You dont have to look hard either, theyre everywhere in there. I mean, im sure that it IS tamoxifen citrate, and the flakes/slivers are probably just a part of this particular tamox.... I just dont want my research results to be skewed due to bunk tamox, or my rat end up dying X(

thanks guys!

ps - whats this stuff SUPPOSED to smell like anyways?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Yes i shook it up... they arent going anywhere. You dont have to look hard either, theyre everywhere in there. I mean, im sure that it IS tamoxifen citrate, and the flakes/slivers are probably just a part of this particular tamox.... I just dont want my research results to be skewed due to bunk tamox, or my rat end up dying X(

thanks guys!

ps - whats this stuff SUPPOSED to smell like anyways?
Mostly alcohol from my experience; I don't know what the actual compound smells like though.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Mostly alcohol from my experience; I don't know what the actual compound smells like though.
The actual cmpd is too bulky to be volatile enough for a smell. However, the solvents are rather volatile and thats probably the smell. If you tell me what it smells like I might be able to tell you the solvent.

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
The actual cmpd is too bulky to be volatile enough for a smell. However, the solvents are rather volatile and thats probably the smell. If you tell me what it smells like I might be able to tell you the solvent.
mine smells like straight up rubbing alcohol