Does it matter if you take a methyl with food or with out?

Justing2

Awards
Im doing a Phera/Epi bridge and was wondering whats better.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i was always told with methyl it's better to take with food, or more importantly fats or some kind, my buddy insists on taking all ph's with natty peanut butter and some fish oil, i'm currently running epi and i've heard all kinds of different opinions on with or without food, haven't researched phera enough to know about that

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
i think its the non-methyls particularly that are suggested to be taken with food with a rich content in fat due to the fact that it aids in absorption

hormones in general are lipophilic, but like i said, i think the idea of consuming fats particularly applies to non-methyls that generally seem to have less bioavailability...so the addition of fats complements their absorption

ill say this though, if i even take a low dose methyl without a meal surrounding it somehow i get a pretty nasty headache...there is some skepticism however that rich meals taken with methyls actually hinder their absorption

dont quote me as a source, most of what i regurgitated is off the top of my head from basic memory

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
without food, or atleast, with foods that are low fat.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
There has been a thread on here about injesting with a shot of EVOO.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I take all oral aas with fat or meal that contains fat. As said above aids in absorption.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah thats it sorry non methyl's with food, my bad, tottally forgot that my buddy takes all his ph's with food, but him being so stubborn refused to take anything except for tren

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
General oral administration of methylated steroids, quoted from William Llewellyn author "anabolics 9th edition"

Studies have shown that taking an oral anabolic steroid with food may decrease its bioavailability.407 This is caused by the fat-soluble nature of steroid hormones, which can allow some of the drug to dissolve with undigested dietary fat, reducing its absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. For maximum utilization, this steroid should be taken on an empty stomach.
----------

like i said, on an empty stomach, or atleast with food that is low in fat, that is, if you want optimal absorbtion, if you dont, then take it with some fat, it will help lessen sides, and gains...

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
General oral administration of methylated steroids, quoted from William Llewellyn author "anabolics 9th edition"

Studies have shown that taking an oral anabolic steroid with food may decrease its bioavailability.407 This is caused by the fat-soluble nature of steroid hormones, which can allow some of the drug to dissolve with undigested dietary fat, reducing its absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. For maximum utilization, this steroid should be taken on an empty stomach.
----------

like i said, on an empty stomach, or atleast with food that is low in fat, that is, if you want optimal absorbtion, if you dont, then take it with some fat, it will help lessen sides, and gains...
Interesting. This somewhat negates prior theories as posted above. Good food for thought.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
i take my damn p-plex with fat everyday! i hear everyone say thats right.. but i do trust Anabolics 2009... lets FIGURE THIS OUT

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
I also take my methyl ph doses (sd, pp) with fish oil...would be great to see other wise since this is what has been workin for me...

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
i take my damn p-plex with fat everyday! i hear everyone say thats right.. but i do trust Anabolics 2009... lets FIGURE THIS OUT
I also take my methyl ph doses (sd, pp) with fish oil...would be great to see other wise since this is what has been workin for me...
I've also taken ph/ds doses with fats/oils and all turned out well. The theory could be true, but perhaps the difference is so negligible and miniscule that we would not find it noticeable?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
I've also taken ph/ds doses with fats/oils and all turned out well. The theory could be true, but perhaps the difference is so negligible and miniscule that we would not find it noticeable?
The quote above says that you lose potency when dissolving in UNDIGESTED fat. so how much of the fat i take in with my P-Plex will not be digested? think that is our answer. And will the P-plex be absorbed in the blood before the capsule of fish oil is dissolved?

all possible factors. I've gained over 11 lbs entering my third week of Pplex, so i'm not going to complain, but just to know.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
The quote above says that you lose potency when dissolving in UNDIGESTED fat. so how much of the fat i take in with my P-Plex will not be digested? think that is our answer. And will the P-plex be absorbed in the blood before the capsule of fish oil is dissolved?

all possible factors. I've gained over 11 lbs entering my third week of Pplex, so i'm not going to complain, but just to know.
Ok, so then the more fat = the less ds. Clearly 11 pounds is a good gain on the third week, and you have been taking it all along with your fish oil. This tells me one of either two things, A) if you took the PP without fish oil, you may have been able to gain 12-13 pounds etc. or B) there is a cut off point where when X amount of fat is injested, only then will absorption be hindered i.e. anything over 20g of fat, then absorption is compromised.

Thoughts?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not sure how much may be affected. i just know what Llewellyn recomends. it may depend from person to person, if it's working for you, why stop? (besides the possiblity of maybe making it better) but there is only one way to know......

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
I take mine with the EVOO and fish oil. The EVOO is tasteless to me just drink some water after. I think it helps..

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
ill say this though, if i even take a low dose methyl without a meal surrounding it somehow i get a pretty nasty headache...

im on superdrol... could this be why i get a headache i cant get rid of?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
increased absorbtion could lead to more sides, without having more gains. btw.
this is also the case often noted in studies done on dhb with medication. an increase in side effects without having more positive effects.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
ill say this though, if i even take a low dose methyl without a meal surrounding it somehow i get a pretty nasty headache...

im on superdrol... could this be why i get a headache i cant get rid of?
make sure your PLENTY hydrated.

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
agreed with the above post, the headache could be due to not having enough water intake.

Also seems interesting on what Harry Manback said...if takin methyl compounds without fats it maye increase the potency...ummmm.....so....only one way to find out :D

XxAnabolicBxX

Awards
So... would it be best to wake up in the morning, take my methylated compound, wait 20-30 minds, eat breakfast, and then take my cycle support? Or would it be better to take everything on an empty stomache?

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i think diene-3 should be taken with fats.on anabolic x rebound xt it says just that.

De Santo

De Santo

Awards
I take all of mine with grapefruit juice about 30 minutes before I eat. Supposedly the grapefruit juice increases the half-life and possibly absorption. I don't know if it really works any better, but it hasn't hindered my gains!