The Paradox of "Cutting Steroids"

Sub7

Awards
Here is something interesting that I have observed. Please tell me if my observation is right and if so, why that is the case...

People seem to love those steroids that burn some fat -such as trenbolone, anavar and ph/ps such as superdrol- while they are eating maintenance calories or slightly bulking. A lot of guys will say: "I was eating a lot on my test+tren cycle but instead of putting on fat, I actually leaned out some and put on muscle". The same is true for things like superdrol or Test+Anavar cycles... not always and not for everyone, but this is a common comment.

Now, interestingly, these same steroids do not seem to be capable of burning much additional fat, while the user is in a caloric deficit. Very few people say "I went on a cut with tren and I burned much more fat than I would have otherwise". Same true for superdrol or anavar... I am just making a general observation; not so much a scientific comment really.

First, is this generally the case or am I mistaken?

Secondly, is there any reason these drugs should be capable of burning fat while eating near maintenance calories or a caloric surplus, but not very good at burning additional fat when there is already a caloric deficit?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
maybe when they are eating at maintenance or slightly above they are putting on more muscle, which then raises metabolism. and when they are eating less than maintenance they aren't eating enough to put on the muscle and end up staying at the weight they are.

more muscle you have, more fat u burn right?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They don't "burn fat" per se, but they are extreme nutrient repartitioners and keep the body in an anabolic state. I like to run AAS while doing a mild cut (-200kcals) and it helps to keep not only almost all of my LBM, but I can see significant results in a month.

The one major, major caveat of using them in this condition is this: if you cut calories too much, you will be extremely lethargic and crash throughout the day. I made this mistake running 1T, 4AD, and M-TRN; I was too conservative with my calories and, by 9 PM every night, I would crash and gorge myself on carbs. The crazy part is that, despite this, I still lost 8 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of muscle.

drewbolic

drewbolic

Awards
lean muscle has half the volume of fat.
and trenbolone non-estrogenic steroid so you dont get estro side like heavy water retention.Theres no conversion of testo to estro,So your getting quality gain of lean muscle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They don't "burn fat" per se
actually i've seen clinical evidence in medical studies that anavar at least does burn some amount of visceral fat, but not necessarily much subcutaneous fat.

I think overall the issue with burning more fat is that there is only so much fatty acids available to burn from fats being released into bloodstream per hour. So once you are burning those and they aren't being replaced into fat cells reducing caloric intake more or adding more anabolics doesn't suddenly cause more lipolysis.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually i've seen clinical evidence in medical studies that anavar at least does burn some amount of visceral fat, but not necessarily much subcutaneous fat.

I think overall the issue with burning more fat is that there is only so much fatty acids available to burn from fats being released into bloodstream per hour. So once you are burning those and they aren't being replaced into fat cells reducing caloric intake more or adding more anabolics doesn't suddenly cause more lipolysis.
Var has been known to be a visceral fat demon and I have seen some studies that tren actually kills fat cells.

DHT-based compounds give a really dry, dense look.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
all of what was said.. not to forget the fact that tren,var,win,masteron all give a hardened, dry, dense appearance.. that make the user appear that they have lost a considerable amount of fat.. which they may have, or they may just appear that they have because of the look that these drugs give

drewbolic

drewbolic

Awards
all of what was said.. not to forget the fact that tren,var,win,masteron all give a hardened, dry, dense appearance.. that make the user appear that they have lost a considerable amount of fat.. which they may have, or they may just appear that they have because of the look that these drugs give
BUMP

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They help to lower estrogen levels and the DHT helps to "harden" the muscle, which gives this appearance. The extra-cellular fluid is reduced and reduces the space between the skin and the muscle. DHT is amazing for its efficacy on strength, aggression, and appearance, but not so much for LBM and/or MPB.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
They help to lower estrogen levels and the DHT helps to "harden" the muscle, which gives this appearance. The extra-cellular fluid is reduced and reduces the space between the skin and the muscle. DHT is amazing for its efficacy on strength, aggression, and appearance, but not so much for LBM and/or MPB.
yes i totally agree and understand this.. maybe i should have been more clear with my original post.

alexx33

Awards
i couldn't agree more, this is the way i've come to understand it as well.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Var has been known to be a visceral fat demon and I have seen some studies that tren actually kills fat cells.

DHT-based compounds give a really dry, dense look.
are we talking tren the prohormone, trenadrol the prohormone, or trenbolone the steroid? my interest is piqued.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the above posts are way more scientific so they are probably correct

i always thought ppl shed some fat because when they are on cycle they seem to eat better and plan out meals extra carefully and work harder in the gym with the feeling of trying to get the most out of them and the extra effort and work lead to some fat being cut plus the extra muslce helped the metabolism and the bigger muslce made any of the fat less visable almost

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
I dont use steroids to cut.... I am a big firm believer that Macdonalds big mac is the best fat burning product around.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
are we talking tren the prohormone, trenadrol the prohormone, or trenbolone the steroid? my interest is piqued.
yes def! interested since my summer cycle will consit of tren/test

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
From my experience, most of them do what Rodja stated. Extreme nutrient partitioners which mostly shuttle glycogen & water to the muscles and away from existing fat cells. On top of this there other benefits from properly being ON like better diet an training, increased strength an motivation.