The Paradox of "Cutting Steroids"

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.42%

The Paradox of "Cutting Steroids"

Here is something interesting that I have observed. Please tell me if my observation is right and if so, why that is the case...

People seem to love those steroids that burn some fat -such as trenbolone, anavar and ph/ps such as superdrol- while they are eating maintenance calories or slightly bulking. A lot of guys will say: "I was eating a lot on my test+tren cycle but instead of putting on fat, I actually leaned out some and put on muscle". The same is true for things like superdrol or Test+Anavar cycles... not always and not for everyone, but this is a common comment.

Now, interestingly, these same steroids do not seem to be capable of burning much additional fat, while the user is in a caloric deficit. Very few people say "I went on a cut with tren and I burned much more fat than I would have otherwise". Same true for superdrol or anavar... I am just making a general observation; not so much a scientific comment really.

First, is this generally the case or am I mistaken?

Secondly, is there any reason these drugs should be capable of burning fat while eating near maintenance calories or a caloric surplus, but not very good at burning additional fat when there is already a caloric deficit?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.69%

maybe when they are eating at maintenance or slightly above they are putting on more muscle, which then raises metabolism. and when they are eating less than maintenance they aren't eating enough to put on the muscle and end up staying at the weight they are.

more muscle you have, more fat u burn right?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

They don't "burn fat" per se, but they are extreme nutrient repartitioners and keep the body in an anabolic state. I like to run AAS while doing a mild cut (-200kcals) and it helps to keep not only almost all of my LBM, but I can see significant results in a month.

The one major, major caveat of using them in this condition is this: if you cut calories too much, you will be extremely lethargic and crash throughout the day. I made this mistake running 1T, 4AD, and M-TRN; I was too conservative with my calories and, by 9 PM every night, I would crash and gorge myself on carbs. The crazy part is that, despite this, I still lost 8 lbs of fat and gained 2 lbs of muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.54%

lean muscle has half the volume of fat.
    and trenbolone non-estrogenic steroid so you dont get estro side like heavy water retention.Theres no conversion of testo to estro,So your getting quality gain of lean muscle.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    They don't "burn fat" per se
    actually i've seen clinical evidence in medical studies that anavar at least does burn some amount of visceral fat, but not necessarily much subcutaneous fat.

I think overall the issue with burning more fat is that there is only so much fatty acids available to burn from fats being released into bloodstream per hour. So once you are burning those and they aren't being replaced into fat cells reducing caloric intake more or adding more anabolics doesn't suddenly cause more lipolysis.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    actually i've seen clinical evidence in medical studies that anavar at least does burn some amount of visceral fat, but not necessarily much subcutaneous fat.

I think overall the issue with burning more fat is that there is only so much fatty acids available to burn from fats being released into bloodstream per hour. So once you are burning those and they aren't being replaced into fat cells reducing caloric intake more or adding more anabolics doesn't suddenly cause more lipolysis.
    Var has been known to be a visceral fat demon and I have seen some studies that tren actually kills fat cells.

DHT-based compounds give a really dry, dense look.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%

all of what was said.. not to forget the fact that tren,var,win,masteron all give a hardened, dry, dense appearance.. that make the user appear that they have lost a considerable amount of fat.. which they may have, or they may just appear that they have because of the look that these drugs give
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.54%

Quote Originally Posted by tops2heavy View Post
    all of what was said.. not to forget the fact that tren,var,win,masteron all give a hardened, dry, dense appearance.. that make the user appear that they have lost a considerable amount of fat.. which they may have, or they may just appear that they have because of the look that these drugs give
    BUMP
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Subbed.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.27%

Tren caused me to lose fat from the night sweats, my body temperature was also higher when on tren.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.42%

bump for Seth Roberts
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%

Quote Originally Posted by tops2heavy View Post
    They help to lower estrogen levels and the DHT helps to "harden" the muscle, which gives this appearance. The extra-cellular fluid is reduced and reduces the space between the skin and the muscle. DHT is amazing for its efficacy on strength, aggression, and appearance, but not so much for LBM and/or MPB.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%

They help to lower estrogen levels and the DHT helps to "harden" the muscle, which gives this appearance. The extra-cellular fluid is reduced and reduces the space between the skin and the muscle. DHT is amazing for its efficacy on strength, aggression, and appearance, but not so much for LBM and/or MPB.
    yes i totally agree and understand this.. maybe i should have been more clear with my original post.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.46%

i couldn't agree more, this is the way i've come to understand it as well.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Var has been known to be a visceral fat demon and I have seen some studies that tren actually kills fat cells.

DHT-based compounds give a really dry, dense look.
    are we talking tren the prohormone, trenadrol the prohormone, or trenbolone the steroid? my interest is piqued.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.27%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    are we talking tren the prohormone, trenadrol the prohormone, or trenbolone the steroid? my interest is piqued.
    Gotta be fina
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.38%

Actual trenbolone
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.84%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

the above posts are way more scientific so they are probably correct

i always thought ppl shed some fat because when they are on cycle they seem to eat better and plan out meals extra carefully and work harder in the gym with the feeling of trying to get the most out of them and the extra effort and work lead to some fat being cut plus the extra muslce helped the metabolism and the bigger muslce made any of the fat less visable almost
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.31%

I dont use steroids to cut.... I am a big firm believer that Macdonalds big mac is the best fat burning product around.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    yes def! interested since my summer cycle will consit of tren/test
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%
    Achievements Posting Pro

From my experience, most of them do what Rodja stated. Extreme nutrient partitioners which mostly shuttle glycogen & water to the muscles and away from existing fat cells. On top of this there other benefits from properly being ON like better diet an training, increased strength an motivation.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 10:07 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM
  3. Steroids along with "male enhancement" product?
    By Insidious1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM