prohormone vs aas shut down

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.23%

prohormone vs aas shut down

This is a purely curiosity question because i am only 19 and would never think of taking aas or a prohormone. If most steroid cycles that do not contain test cause you to shut down hard, to the point of not being able to get your buddy up, how come prohormones do not cause you to shut down to that great of an effect when they are precursors to steroids? I was just wondering because it didn't make sense to me. Sorry if the answer is obvious and this is a newb question or something. Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

read the rules, u cant post here under 21
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.65%

I hope you are 100% serious about not using steroids because, aside from your age, you are FAR from ready. This isn't an insult, everyone had to start somewhere. We are all ignorant of the knowledge necessary to use steroids at some point. But, the reason I am stressing this is because you are asking this question, this shows that likely you ARE considering using steroids.

Ok next, practically speaking of course, it is hardly necessary to make a distinction between "AAS" and "pro-hormones"/"pro-steroids"/whatever else you want to call them. Sure, the mechanisms in which they work are slightly different, but practically speaking, they are all "steroids". The whole "AAS vs. PH vs. DS" thing is WAY oversold. For our purposes, they all belong in the same general category. Let the pharmacologists, those in related fields as well as the armchair impersonators put the various compounds in more specific categories.

They all have the potential to shut you down, they offer the same side effects, etc. Many would argue that what is available on the "legal" PH/DS market is LESS safe than the illegal stuff. This is because PH/DS are mostly compounds that were at one time abandoned by researchers for one reason or another, sometimes these reasons were because of their undesirable side effects. Anyway, that's another topic. My point is that prohormones/designer steroids are at LEAST as dangerous as the common illegal stuff, and can (in most cases WILL) cause HPTA suppression.

Oh, and by the way, temporarily not being able to "get your buddy up" is just a small consequence of uneducated steroid usage. In your case, you would be lucky if that's all that happened to you given your age.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.23%

correct me if im wrong but the rules arent that you can't post here, there that you can't ask for information on how to use steroids, I wasn't asking that.

And I guess you don't have to believe me but I was just curious on something that didn't make sense to me. And why would I specifically say im 19 if i was really trying to use them, plus my question doesn't really imply trying to use them.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.23%

Sorry, I re-read my last post and it sounded like I was ticked off at you. I understand you were just looking out for someone you thought might make a bad decision and were playing it safe
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

ph/ds will shut you down just as much as aas....
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brandowas View Post
    This is a purely curiosity question because i am only 19 and would never think of taking aas or a prohormone. If most steroid cycles that do not contain test cause you to shut down hard, to the point of not being able to get your buddy up, how come prohormones do not cause you to shut down to that great of an effect when they are precursors to steroids? I was just wondering because it didn't make sense to me. Sorry if the answer is obvious and this is a newb question or something. Thanks!
    That do not contain test? Any time that you introduce exogenous, synthetic, testosterone into your body, you have the potential to shut your natural testosterone production down. Prosteroids do cause you to shut down. Some do not to the same extent but any SD, PP, Epi, fina, product will cause shutdown.
    Just because you can "get your buddy up" does not mean that you are not shut down...when I was running M1t @ 15mg a day, my "buddy" was up any and every time I wanted it to be, but blood draws showed me to be severely shut down after 11 days into the cycle.

If you are thinking about jolting into some test based products then don't do it just because you think you are not going to be shut down...tuck those thoughts away
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.23%

Oh ok that makes sense. I was just confused because you hear jokes like deca-****, but don't hear those really for prohormones, so I figured that aas would shut you down moreso than a prohormone, but didn't understand why.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shut down already???
    By gabe9615 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
  2. shut down?
    By sade in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 09:05 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 08:55 PM
  4. ProHormone Recovery or ProHormone alternative