Gyno Surgery 1 Week Away need advice!

MadeInCanada

Awards
Bueno!
I got my consultation today and next Wednesday is my gyno surgery. Its running me $1500. He said my case is simple because its straight tissue and I have very little fat in my chest. So its fairly basic.

My only deal now is, I go for bloodwork on monday. And I've been taking my own anti-gyno stack the past month-2 months.
I'm almost tapered off, but I want to make sure I do everything correctly so I don't get the surgery and then get a rebound right after.

I've been running letro at 2.5mg ed for awhile, but the past 8-15 days I've been running at 1mg EOD.
I've been running caber at 0.25mg eod for a week and the past week has been at half that.

The past 2 weeks I've been running clomid at 50mg ED, to help with the taper.

Should I hault the letro and caber, and just keep running clomid for 3-4 more weeks with a natty testbooster/ai? Or should I just ignore that I have surgery in a week and just continue tapering down slowly.

Just looking for some comments here guys. I take it that as long as I have the Clomid running, I should be safe from getting a rebound, right?

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
honestly you should post pone the surgery until you are back in homeostasis

MadeInCanada

Awards
I'd rather not postpone it. I'm going to be at spring break in march, so I want to do this now.

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
You really needed to stop these at least 2 weeks before surgery. If you didnt, does the doc know? There could be complications with anesthesia.

Also, I dont mean to preach, but I know all to much about this procedure. Is your doc familiar with gyno procedures? Not all plastic surgeons are. Is he doing lipo + gland excision?

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You really needed to stop these at least 2 weeks before surgery. If you didnt, does the doc know? There could be complications with anesthesia.

Also, I dont mean to preach, but I know all to much about this procedure. Is your doc familiar with gyno procedures? Not all plastic surgeons are. Is he doing lipo + gland excision?
He said he has almost no fat on his chest.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established

good point, and good question.

if he fully removes the gland then u will never have to worry about gyno again

MadeInCanada

Awards
I personally don't know how he is doing it. He's told me he's done the procedure before, and he seemed very confident and knowledgable on what needed to be done after seeing my chest. He's also probably the best surgeon in my area and is talked highly of by every person I've asked, including other physicians and nurses that I know.

Staying on clomid should avoid a letrozole rebound, and if I stay on it from now till even 2-3weeks after surgery.. Then I should be good????

MadeInCanada

Awards
Also he said with this procedure normally lipo around the chest is needed. But I don't have anything to lipo out lol so he said hell be removing the gland. He will be leaving some of the gland just so the nipple doesn't become inverted.

That was my understanding.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should be using nolva instead of clomid as it is a better antagonist of estro in the breast region...

MadeInCanada

Awards
Ok well I used clomid because I had prolactin issues at the time.

My main thing is, should I hault the letro and just run clomid or nolva with an AI from now until a few weeks after surgery?
Or should I just continue tapering down the letro along with the clomid/nolva?

My main thing is I don't want to get a rebound after surgery... And I'm pretty sure taking clomid or letro is not going to interfere with a gyno operation :s

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
subbed, id love to see how this ends up i have no idea about this stuff man i wish u the best i hope it all works out for u

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt matter if there's fat there or not. It's about chest sculpting to make everything even.

good point, and good question.

if he fully removes the gland then u will never have to worry about gyno again
Well, yes...kinda. I have seen where Dr. Bermant (a very famous gyno doc, he did Palumbo's) says there is still a re growth chance. But my doc, who is also a very good gyno doc, basically said it cant regrow.

Dr. Bermant may just be trying to keep people from using gear?

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
i would've said nolva, run that until surgery and after and taper off that

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ahh i don't know how much i can help you with this, i think what's most important is that you tell the surgeon exactly what you have been taking for anti-gyno purposes and keep that line of communication open

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
ahh i don't know how much i can help you with this, i think what's most important is that you tell the surgeon exactly what you have been taking for anti-gyno purposes and keep that line of communication open
good point. and the fact that anti-estrogen's are in the "grey area" and not scheduled drugs then i dont see it being a problem telling the doctor. he'll probably have no clue what they are anyway

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
What unreal said, tell the doc everything, there may be post op issues you can avoid with full disclosure

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
tell your dr. i probably does not matter.i would rather be safe then sorry.

ShapiroMD

Awards
.......... He's also probably the best surgeon in my area and is talked highly of by every person I've asked, including other physicians and nurses that I know....
Of course every other doc and nurse will say hes the best guy. Since when do they don't?